test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AH Prices of Various Marks

haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Fifth lowest buyout prices on AH, about 3pm EST, Today.

Mark of Stability:
Lesser: 1800
Normal: 10995
Greater: 9999

Mark of Union:
Lesser: 13000
Normal: 125000
Greater: 17000

Mark of Power:
Lesser: 30000
Normal: 222222
Greater 24762

Mark of Potency:
Lesser: 1200
Normal: 23000
Greater: 122000

I chose the fifth lowest as a possibly more robust measure of the low end prices, basically trying to avoid summarizing current undercutting prices. Turns out they were fairly flat at the bottom anyway.

It looks to me there's a discrepancy of supply/demand for these. I would have expected there to be variations in demand based on the type of each; whether they're for artifacts or for regular enchantments, and so forth. And I would have expected the prices to increase from lesser to normal to greater. Obviously, that's not the case for three out of four.

Do people have thoughts/ideas on what those might be, how they'll change over the next few days/weeks, or whether there's inherent imbalances among them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, purple Marks can be aquired easily through the Dread Ring Campaign while blue ones drop from skill nodes inside epic dungeons. So they might be harder to get after all. But I expect this to normalize in the next weeks and I'd think overall Marks for Artifacts will become really cheap because there is only so much to upgrade while the supply stays the same.

Prices for Potencys are actually higher than at the Wondrous Bazar?
  • Options
    silvikksilvikk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    Well, purple Marks can be aquired easily through the Dread Ring Campaign while blue ones drop from skill nodes inside epic dungeons. So they might be harder to get after all. But I expect this to normalize in the next weeks and I'd think overall Marks for Artifacts will become really cheap because there is only so much to upgrade while the supply stays the same.

Prices for Potencys are actually higher than at the Wondrous Bazar?

People are really, really stupid and don't read patch notes or quest text.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yes, interestingly, the Wondrous Prices for the Marks of Potency are:

Minor: 25
    Lesser: 500
    Normal: 25000
    Greater: 100000

Which is a 40% profit on the lessers and a 25% profit on the greaters; both of which would more than pay for auction fees. Those prices likely won't rise much more as opportunists woul move in on those profit margins. Rock bottoms right now on the Greater Marks of Potency are at around 112000 or so. Would be interesting to see if they drop a bit more to undercut the wondrous bazaar.

I suspect there's a spike of immediate demand as people rush to upgrade things that are ready, and that it will settle out a lot over the next week or two.
  • Options
    noxisstnoxisst Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2013
    I have seen the blue mark of potency at 19k. In a week I would guess they will be as low as 10k. Just as nobody purchased enchantments on the wonderous bazaar before module 2, the same will go with marks.

Rank 6, Rank 8, Normal, and Greater weapon/armor enchantments have already dropped lower than before module 2 because people are figuring out the new system.

It would be most beneficial to withhold from upgrading or refining for any who dont fully understand how refining works or how to cost effectively level an enchantment through refining.
    "If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly" -- Walter White
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Drop rate of blue marks in dungeons seems like below 10%, I have never seen any from a boss/received any from skillnode (as well as each party member) in 4 epic dungeon runs (spell, karru and tos).
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Helm help us, I've got dozens of the things! Just running various repeatables in Sharandar, I've half filled a BoH with green and blue marks of various types, plus the box Cryptic give you, and I've also gotten a few from Rust Boxes.

I think the drop rate is pretty spot on, about the same as getting a higher level enchant/rune.

Haven't had a purple yet, but then I enjoy the campaign runs more (protecting Sharandar for my Elven brethren) So haven't seen the drop rate for them, but I figure when and if I need to upg. one of my gems, there'll be plenty on the AH
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    Helm help us, I've got dozens of the things! Just running various repeatables in Sharandar, I've half filled a BoH with green and blue marks of various types, plus the box Cryptic give you, and I've also gotten a few from Rust Boxes.

Where in Sharandar did you find blue marks?
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Not sure if sarcasm.
  • Options
    donmancinidonmancini Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2013

I think the drop rate is pretty spot on, about the same as getting a higher level enchant/rune.

Haven't had a purple yet, but then I enjoy the campaign runs more (protecting Sharandar for my Elven brethren) So haven't seen the drop rate for them, but I figure when and if I need to upg. one of my gems, there'll be plenty on the AH

It has to be a sarcasm, couse i do all sharandar all dread ring lots of dungeons and i hvae seen once a mark of potency from a PK boss nothing in nodes, nothing everywhere drop rate is very very bad!!!
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Do Mark of Power/... drop as loot or from chest in T2 dungeons?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Do Mark of Power/... drop as loot or from chest in T2 dungeons?

Supposedly they do, but reports from people who run lots of dungeons is they're very, very rare so far. Very rare as in, one person ran five dungeons and none at all dropped. It's still early to say that it's not just very bad luck, but imo it's not looking positive. I expect the devs are monitoring it, and might quietly tweak drop rates, but that wouldn't happen immediately. They've a legitimate worry that dropping enough to have some filter to the market right now might overfill it later.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    we run 10x pk with guild yesterday, we got one blue mark of potency from chest and 2 from bosses, 0 marks of power
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    raouldukedrgonzoraouldukedrgonzo Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    All the marks that I have found have been in the regular chests in the epic dungeons.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    All the marks that I have found have been in the regular chests in the epic dungeons.

Interesting... Regular chests and not boss chests?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just got a Mark of Power (blue) from a Cask of Wonder which was one of the loot in the end chest of the Dread Spire lair.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Got a green mark of power in a regular chest in Phantasmal Fortress. Gotten a bunch of Peridots in skill nodes. And a Aqua thingy in my Coal Coffer. Ofc got the marks in end chests of the Dread Ring mini dungeons.

The Greater Mark of Power/Stability/Union, are easy to acquire. You can run the Dread Ring dungeons multiple times during Sat/Sunday for a guaranteed greater mark of those. They have a more limited use (but can be used as experience to refine, I think it gave 3500xp on my blue artifact) cause they tie directly to specific artifact types. To run the mini dungeons multiple times, you just need to buy a key (which costs 1g 10scraps 5kAD).
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    raouldukedrgonzoraouldukedrgonzo Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Interesting... Regular chests and not boss chests?
    Yup, infact that is, so far, the only place that I have found mine :/
  • Options
    ariella321ariella321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got a blue mark from one of the skill nodes in Sharandar yesterday. Only one I've seen so far, though.

Don't remember for sure if it was outside, or in the Tower of Celadaine.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not sarcasm BTW. I found mine in the Gnome Cave (or whatever it's called) the one you buy keys for from that annoying little rhyming guy) I've run it about 11 times so far, and gotten 2 blue marks from it and one from a skill node (cant remember where exactly) Plus an absolute carptonne of green artifact/rune/enchant litter (mark of this and mark of that).

Having said that, my luck with dropboxes is farkling atrocious! I've opened prob 300 of the things and apart from a few Mulhorand items, not one mount or companion ever!!! That's with Dark, Nightmare, Feywild and Rusted, I still say all those messages about "xxxx' has gotten a "xxxx" are just spam from Cryptic to make you buy more keys!
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    20+ epic dungeon runs. Some bosses (in ToS primary) dropped 2 marks of potency (blue) and 1 mark of stability (blue). Haven't got any btw.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    An update for today using the same method. Fifth lowest buyout prices on AH, about 8pm EST, Sunday. I've added the percentage change from yesterday relative to yesterday's values.

Mark of Stability:
    Lesser: 2052 (+14%)
    Normal: 10115 (-8%)
    Greater: 8843 (-12%)

Mark of Union:
    Lesser: 9500 (-27%)
    Normal: 99999 (-20%)
    Greater: 9222 (-46%)

Mark of Power:
    Lesser: 20000 (-33%)
    Normal: 290172 (+31%)
    Greater 10000 (-60%)

Mark of Potency:
    Lesser: 709 (-41%)
    Normal: 30108 (+31%)
    Greater: 117499 (-4%)

Normal marks of power and potency shows an upward trend, which I don't think is surprising. Greater marks of power dropped a lot; likely due to how easy they are to get from the Dread Ring.
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the funny thing is it drops from any EPIC i have seen 1 random mark drop every single time i have been running cragmire crypts because of how many nodes at least 1 boss drops 1 mark of whatever out of 20+ runs and a few nodes i have managed to snag 5 lesser marks of stability(nodes) and (bosses)6 normal marks of power and 1 mark of potency dont know why you all are running pk the 5700 gs ones are faster and more efficient for mark farming if you have a high geared group you can blow through it, me ive just been puggin them and it's pretty easy to get marks

also i find it funny how ppl mark up the marks you can get through the bazaar on the ah instead of shelling out 30k+ for the potency ones id rather just go buy them off the bazaar
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    haelra wrote: »
    Greater marks of power dropped a lot; likely due to how easy they are to get from the Dread Ring.

And I find it really, really stupid. The blue marks are x100500 times harder to get then purple ones.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    And I find it really, really stupid. The blue marks are x100500 times harder to get then purple ones.

A well thought out system :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think it's ridiculous too, but they may be thinking this is a temporary bottleneck. Suppose there's a lot of one-time pent up demand for upgrading things with the blue marks. Once that works past, then their prices might start dropping. But that's unknown, and I'm curious to see how the trends go. Hence, tracking the prices here.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, they really should have considered access/drop rate of "normal" marks. Some of the blue prices are crazy.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been running my HR, refining items from drops (rather than dipping into the account stash of refined gems) and have gotten a number of lesser marks of potency from skill nodes, and a few minor marks from leadership green boxes on other characters.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think it would go a long way to fixing this if the requirement for any mark was for that grade or higher. E.g., if the slot calls for a normal Mark of Power, you could drop a Greater Mark of Power in there and it would work too.

Or, alternatively, and with a little humor; maybe they could make a reverse Mark Fusing system where you take four Greater Marks of Power, a Coalescent Ward and Fuse them down into a normal Mark of Power! \o/

What's sad is we could make a profit doing that right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I'm going to add tracking the "price" of generic refinement points from lower level enchantments. When we find an enchantment, putting it into the pot to refine another enchantment is not actually "free" -- there's an opportunity cost of selling it for AD on the market. In that sense, when we put low level enchants we trade getting the sale value of the enchants for the refinement we do instead.

From the AH at about 1pm Monday, these are roughly the lowest prices of enchantments at each rank, the refinement value at the rank, and the price in AD per Refinement Point.

Rank 1: 55 5 11.00
    Rank 2: 69 15 4.60
    Rank 3: 186 45 4.13
    Rank 4: 779 135 5.77
    Rank 5: 2750 540 5.09
    Rank 6: 16896 2160 7.82
    Rank 7: 80000 4320 18.52
    Rank 8: 350000 12960 27.01
    Rank 9: 800000 38880 20.58

The value seems to bottom out at about 4-4.5 AD per RP for the rank 2 & 3's. For rank 1's, the cost seems higher, possibly because people perceive these as not worth the trouble to manage. For rank 6's and up, the price rises, likely because these ranks of enchantments aren't often used as refinement fodder, but have value for their actual use in slots. If one's careful to use like types for refinement, then the cost is halved.

This leads to another way to look at the price of creating higher rank enchantments -- not only the costs of the various Marks and Wards, but also the cost of the accumulated refinement to create them.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    An update for about 4pm EST, Monday.

Mark of Stability:
    Lesser: 1371
    Normal: 10369
    Greater: 10600

Mark of Union:
    Lesser: 7795
    Normal: 150000
    Greater: 15750