test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Continual server disconnects since 9PM EST on 12/5/2013

zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have never had connection issues with the game. Last night at about 9PM EST I was disconnected. I could not log back in. Today I started the launcher and first of all it took forever for it to launch. After it launched it patched again. I was able to log in but in the process of trying to create a new toon I have been disconnected from the login server 4 times in less than 10 minutes.

Anyone else having this issue? I cannot imagine that after playing this game for many months with no issue that its my problem. If it matters I am in the Midwest US near Cleveland Ohio

Update - To add to this I am having a lot of problems even connecting to the launch server, the autoupdaters is making multiple attempts to connect just to open the launcher. During that I am able to access virtually anything else on the web via the same pc. After I believe it said 6 attempts it connected but when I log in it says unable to authenticate and bombs. When I am able to log in it dies soon thereafter. Very frustrating as my internet connection is fine, fast and stable.
Post edited by zaarel2 on

Comments

• Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I haven't had this problem myself, and none of my guildmates have mentioned having it.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh, Yea!
    Havin' a big ol' disconnect party 'round here since about then.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    hudsonpolarhudsonpolar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ya this is ridiculous. I cant do a thing and when I think I can it does it in the middle of combat and I get killed.
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been having problems all day today. Never had problems before.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    ashenfrostashenfrost Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes since the new patch launched on the 5th i have been getting disconnects every 30 or so mins. After i get disconnected i have to wait 3 or 5 mins till i can connect to the game/login/account servers. Today I tried to run the quest "wizards folly" on a newer toon and was disconnected 5 times in 30 mins with the same 3-5 at login. Impossible to run anything atm or even level since i get a D/C at random intervals. I even get disconnects going into new zones saying the game server timed out. No problems before the big patch now i cant even play. Oh well at least i can login long enough to do my professions most of the time...

*added* Getting timeouts at character changes too. I get the server not responding in game prior to disconnect but the chat server keeps going. Good thing i can read all the gold spammers while i get disconnected.
  • Options
    claudefaustusclaudefaustus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This has been happening to me since yesterday as well, big time. It's super annoying and I can't really do anything because of it.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Add me to the list. About 3/4 of the time that I change maps I DC. About every 20-30 minutes I DC. If I go AFK for more than a minute or 2 I come back to a DC.
  • Options
    hudsonpolarhudsonpolar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Heck, I don't even have to go to a different zone. Attempt to kill something I can D/C, loot something, interact...it doesn't seem to matter.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Heck, I don't even have to go to a different zone. Attempt to kill something I can D/C, loot something, interact...it doesn't seem to matter.

Oh, I get that too. But I *think* it is happening more often when I attempt the actions I mentioned, however it happens SO frequently that it is hard to pin down a correlation.
  • Options
    sevatyansevatyan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Happening for me also. every time I change instance to join party or go to any other instance I crash then the launcher takes five tries to update and times out or i make it to character selection and it times out there also. I have also crashed in the middle of 2 quest. Never had any problems till after the update on Thursday. I hope this issue can be fixed.
  • Options
    adelante1981adelante1981 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    It's happening to me too. A lot. very, very frustrating.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited December 2013
    It happens everytime I go into an instance or change zones. Every fricking instanced quest, dungeon, or pvp match is giving me a server disconnect.
  • Options
    thegrayspiritthegrayspirit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is getting very frustrating! We are not staying connected for very long and constantly getting disconnected with server issues. Definitely NOT an issue on our side. Every "other" MMO/Online game is fine! :(
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    NoN Stop since yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.

Play 10 min, disconnect, play 30min disconnect, play 2 min, disconnect, play 2 min disconnect,

took me 5 disconnects to respec my char.

sometimes I can last a few min, some times its several min, but it wont stop,.

then I get long, "connecting to account server" and related messages, some time out , some just take forever
  • Options
    marrikkmarrikk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been having all of the same problems mentioned here since yesterday too. I love the game but it's too frustrating to try to play like this. Constant disconnects, server response issues, can't log into account servers forever and when I do I get disconnected not long afterward.
  • Options
    ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For me, the problem started after playing a ranger to level 10, deleting it, and starting a new one in the same character slot. Within seconds, at approx 10 am eastern time on friday, I got the first error I can associate with it: The third crate containing the tunic didn't have interaction sparkles. I 'changed character' out, went back in, and for the first time got the error message saying something like 'cannot properly place character in the map' and options to cancel, normal login, and safe login. Safe login got me in, but thinking the character was bugged, I deleted it again and remade with the same results.

3-4 more remakes followed. I attempted a full reinstall, all 10 gigs, with the same results.

The various errors during this remaking and testing process ranged from losing the server in game to not authenticating at the login to crashing upon open. Once, it opened, crashed, but still ran in the background and I had to shut it down with task manager.

This morning I deleted the last ranger remake and the errors and error rate completely changed.
    Now I'm able to normally get into the game for a few minutes, after multiple tries, and the primary errors I get are losing the server in game, not authenticating, and 'cannot connect to game server'.

The specific problem that seems to be causing all these multiple errors is the client not being able to find or connect to the server.
  • Options
    avatarofterroravatarofterror Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Do any of you run the on demand patching? I do by default, but I was going to try and disable it to see if that improves my gameplay any. Like all of you, I get hit with a lot of disconnects, with many of them giving me the "cancel, normal login, safe login" options when I try to load back in the the character I was on.

I'll let you guys know what happens, assuming it hasn't been/isn't being tried.
  • Options
    ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I did before, but turned it off for the reinstall. Neither that or switching the client to 'safe mode' via the options seemed to make a difference.
  • Options
    pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    162 dissconnects on 1 character in less than 1 hours time... honestly?
    take this game back tp pre alpha, fire all the staff working on it before now, and hire someone that knows how to program a LIVE server not ITT tech students that only know how to program pong.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think the most aggravating thing is I am the only one of my group to have this problem, but all of us use the same ISP, granted we're in different states (TWC). I've reset all my hardware from modem to router to pc, even refreshed my IP. Even worse is that I can download, stream and play other things just fine, no interruptions. I hate to blame NW itself, but like all of the previous posters it seems to have only started since the new patch.

I personally am not unreasonable. I expect there to be lag, since a lot of people are likely returning to try out the new characters, systems and content. These current issues don't match what I am used to seeing though.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited December 2013
    Fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! I'm spending more time restarting the game than leveling at this point.
  • Options
    mahonkimahonki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is REALLY annoying, installed this game yesterday for the first time and thought that this is looking nice, and then the game crashes started...after that first crash i can play 15 minutes at most before the game crashes again and that crash report thingy pops on screen. I
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So from what I can tell, this is not isolated to just Neverwinter, but to other game as well. I keep getting disconnected from STO as well, with the same types of login messages offering safe mode and normal login. Anyone else seeing similar issues with other Cryptic/perfectworld stuff?
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I hope this isn't making people vulnerable, with their server connections and such messing up.

after having this problem since the patch, I log in today and all of my valuable items/gold/ad are gone, after being unable to login and recovering my password I find it all gone. Coincidence? maybe, but I do nothing on my PC that would make me vulnerable,only really neverwinter, facebook, surverys through pwe, some amazon, no emails about other PC's trying to log in to my account. I don't search pRon,

on this PC.

firewall/antivirus/no threats, email is secure, don't share my info

hopefully its something I accidently did to myself and not something more widespread

/doom
  • Options
    thegrayspiritthegrayspirit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still happening all day long with many DCs per hour. Very frustrating!
  • Options
    evermooretwoevermooretwo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here. I have not played in a long time and decided to come back. Having fun but I am tired of all the DC'es.
  • Options
    anzrielanzriel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well I see I am not the only one who keeps disconnected I was wondering how widespread it is and from what I've heard in-game and here it appears that this is fairly widespread. Hopefully they will fix the problem soon.
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    These are some of the error messages I keep receiving when I crash to desktop.

btrKds8.jpg

MaRaoee.jpg

38RKMN0.jpg
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Stabilize the servers......now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    argent007 wrote: »
    Stabilize the servers......now

It's Sunday. Forget it. I'm sure they'll do something on Monday or Tuesday.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!