Options

Jawarisin's Analytic on a Renegade PVP build ~ View from an End-Game person

2»

Comments

• Options
    warcus14warcus14 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jawarisin wrote: »
    CN weapons yes, I'm currently running with Ancient Berserker ring of cleaving I beleive (154 crit/arp/lifesteal) (Although I am seriously thinking about either this or the slavemaster ring of control. Slavemaster has more lovable stats, but the arp is just lovely on the berserker's) an ancient Exorcist's necklace of blessing, an ancient fugitive's belt of revolt.

Why are u using a ancient fugitive belt and not a blue belt?
    I don't know your exact stats but lets say for example u need more armor penetration

Ancient fugitive belt Piercing Berserker belt
    150 crit 133 crit
    150 apen 243 apen
    600hp OFFENSIVE SLOT which means u can add another 150 apen which brings
    DEFENSE SLOT u up to 390 apen. As mage going into health is pretty useless too since
    u're mostly A: positioned unreachable for enemys means on top of the
    map sniping people or B:teleporting away from people and CC'ing them
  • Options
    jawarisinjawarisin Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    warcus14 wrote: »
    I don't know your exact stats but lets say for example u need more armor penetration

150 crit 133 crit
    150 apen 243 apen
    DEFENSE SLOT u up to 390 apen. As mage going into health is pretty useless too since

Because I love the HP. Saying you wont ever get hit is a bit surrealistic
    Let me trow it around.

I get vs your belt:

+17 crit
    -240 arp
    +1200 hp +9% from thoughness

so the reviewed stats are:
    150 crit
    150 apen
    1308 hp

Then you have your (tiny, I agree) defence which comes and goes over the HP making it worth a little more, and any buff of the such. Regen also works better (astral shield notably). It's a bunch of tiny things but eh.

A blue belt could do too, this is just my own personal preference.
    Possible feywild fortitude also.
    CW Renegade comprehensive build+guide PvP:
    Here for the build+guide
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because I love the HP.
    +1200 hp +9% from thoughness and +4% from your consitution (no clue which one applies first or whatever, so let's go with the lowest possible scenario: +13%)

Only Toughness feat applies to +Max HP gear and Radiants on yourself. Though obviously the final HP adds to your total HP including that from CON and Toughness against your base HP of 19k.

For your example, assuming Toughness rank 3, it would be +1,200 HP x only 9% = +1,308 HP.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Only Toughness feat applies to +Max HP gear and Radiants on yourself. Though obviously the final HP adds to your total HP including that from CON and Toughness against your base HP of 19k.

thanks let me modify then
    Here for the build+guide
  • Options
    deafchickdeafchick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Would you mind posting a screenshot of how you increased your stats? (Int/Cha/Wis) I'm somewhat new to the game and trying to follow this as I level up. I realize I won't get it right since much of this is new to me, but that would help a lot. :)

Thanks!
  • Options
    azntrigboiazntrigboi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    warcus14 wrote: »

150 crit 133 crit
    150 apen 243 apen

Along with jawa's comments, I feel that HP is actually the only real buffer tank that you can field as a CW. My current build is built under the theory that you need to last long enough to do your damage. Yes, if I can try to avoid being targetted, that's the best, but you don't always have that luxury. I like my big HP pool to try to place myself beyond most 1-shot attempts(if you're 1-shot, you're not outputting ANY damage), and for close calls, Soulforged has me covered. Sniping and teleporting all day long to avoid getting hit is best case. I don't think a good PvP build is ever built off of best case assumptions because as they say, no plan ever survives first contact with the enemy.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Because I love the HP. Saying you wont ever get hit is a bit surrealistic
    Let me trow it around.

I get vs your belt:

+17 crit
    -240 arp
    +1200 hp +9% from thoughness

so the reviewed stats are:
    150 crit
    150 apen
    1308 hp

Then you have your (tiny, I agree) defence which comes and goes over the HP making it worth a little more, and any buff of the such. Regen also works better (astral shield notably). It's a bunch of tiny things but eh.

A blue belt could do too, this is just my own personal preference.
    Possible feywild fortitude also.

Well I already went over it, But I would just like to tell, because some peoples might get confused. Those stats you won't get them, except with top rate enchants, and even then, you might just be very very close. I prefer to give it a little over, and you running a 200 or so short, than putting it too low and leaving some stats to random. So as long as you're as close, don't worry too much.

deafchick wrote: »
    Would you mind posting a screenshot of how you increased your stats? (Int/Cha/Wis) I'm somewhat new to the game and trying to follow this as I level up. I realize I won't get it right since much of this is new to me, but that would help a lot. :)

Thanks!

I will!

I did stop adding to the guide a little, Had to help a friend up with his minecraft server. I also had some IRL stuff and was quite demotivated for a little while about writing it. Now that I have some more time and motivation, I'll try to get it done, or at least finnish 2-3 more sections until I go on my next hiatus.

I'll get this screenshot/link probably later today, as I said, I got to go for now.

Cya!
    Here for the build+guide
  • Options
    mrclaydemrclayde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I did stop adding to the guide a little, Had to help a friend up with his minecraft server. I also had some IRL stuff and was quite demotivated for a little while about writing it. Now that I have some more time and motivation, I'll try to get it done, or at least finnish 2-3 more sections until I go on my next hiatus.

I'll get this screenshot/link probably later today, as I said, I got to go for now.

Cya!

Hey Jawa, how long.. hope you're doing ok!

I did only spent points on Int/Cha after the initial roll (26int/15wis/21cha).
    Hope I got it right :P

I was wondering if that ss you will include could show us your ratings as well (power/crit/arp/recovery/etc).
    You said crit should be around 2,100 soft cap (got 2,136) and arp around 1,000-1,500 (got 1,162).

But still, I wanna know the optimal numbers I should be looking on those stats, since I'm still using blue accessories and some minor purple gear/weapons.

thanks again!

:)

Edit for a quick question:

Do you think it's worth it to use minor vorpal/soulforged on my initial purple gear, or should I wait to get the big ones when I can afford them and have better gear?
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You put a lot of effort into this, I've read it all. I'm a PvE guy by far, but I like PvP too, won't be speccing for it especially though :) Very useful information about other classes and their abilities, especially for a person like myself who only has a CW. And you had time to go a little into dungeons as well.

So in the end very entertaining read, learned a few things, thanks for writing the guide :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    mrclayde wrote: »
    Hey Jawa, how long.. hope you're doing ok!

I did only spent points on Int/Cha after the initial roll (26int/15wis/21cha).
    Hope I got it right :P

I was wondering if that ss you will include could show us your ratings as well (power/crit/arp/recovery/etc).
    You said crit should be around 2,100 soft cap (got 2,136) and arp around 1,000-1,500 (got 1,162).

But still, I wanna know the optimal numbers I should be looking on those stats, since I'm still using blue accessories and some minor purple gear/weapons.

thanks again!

:)

Edit for a quick question:

Do you think it's worth it to use minor vorpal/soulforged on my initial purple gear, or should I wait to get the big ones when I can afford them and have better gear?

Hello!

Yep, if the initial roll was correct, your attributes should be fine as long as you levelled int/cha.
    I'll be posting the screenshot in a few mins.

Your stats are fine in general, try to get your recov as close to 3000 as you can, and that will be perfect.

As per your weapon enchantments, you should definitely wait till you get better stuff. In fact, I wouldn't even suggest anything higher than 4 until you get your actual final gear. You really won't need it. Especially since it get costy when you're poor to buy the enchantment+ remove it.

As per my personnal stats, I'll keep those for myself for now, I'll probly post it all up, in the end though. But as long as you follow the written numbers, there shouldn't be any problem.

Screenshot Status: Posted!

EDIT: after going to re-look ingame, i found the game dead, cryptic management being horrible, they banned peoples for 1 week while allowing them to keep anything gained from exploits.

Not many peoples play it anymore, too low playerbase, and too easy end game dungeons. Not to mention they do event that freaks up the economy... The dragon eggs still havn't recovered.

I'm stopping to update this guide.

Sorry
    Here for the build+guide
  • Options
    mrclaydemrclayde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, I'm really sorry to hear that man.
    Although I agree with everything you said, I'm still having fun with the game. Maybe because I'm not all geared up yet, maybe because I haven't finished all the dungeons. Also because I'm doing so much better on pvp :D

I really enjoyed your guide and learning things from you.
    Hope cryptic change things and you change your mind someday.

Until there, I wish you all the best and really appreciate your awesome guide!

see ya :)
  • Options
    damnpirodamnpiro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why Ice Rays on Mastery? Reys of Enfeeb. should much better no?!

Edited: THE NEW PARAGON FOR CW SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSS! DAMNNNN, DONT USE IT, ITS TERRIBLE!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    damnpiro wrote: »
    Why Ice Rays on Mastery? Reys of Enfeeb. should much better no?!

Edited: THE NEW PARAGON FOR CW SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSS! DAMNNNN, DONT USE IT, ITS TERRIBLE!

Looking back at this after months and months, simply because a friend of me brought me back to this (ranger update).
    I don't know how much the game has changed since then though.

To answer your question, Ice Rays does WAY more damage, potentially nearly One hit kill. Immobilises longer, and slows for more (more chill). You don't want to be stuck spamming ROE, especially since you have a double cooldown, and the damage isn't that great. I believe I covered that in the guide though.

Anyways, sorry I can't go more in depth, I didn't play in a long time, so I'm just saying that from what I remember/what's written in the guide.

EDIT: just kind of remembered, also the lower CD depending on set.
    Here for the build+guide