test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

is a friendly PvP comunity to much to ask?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble. but your name was tarnished the day you formed the guild. Claiming innocence that you don't do anything until someone else starts the fight is again, false advertisement. When you create a guild full of hothead epeeners, drama is guaranteed. Your recent recruit aquisitions are some of the worst in the game. You have chosen to be number one at all costs. Of which, most of us know what that means.
    This philosophy, while maybe puts u at the top, brings all the children and their mentality with it. Drama is brought on by drama. First step in changing this, is fixing the drama queens within. Not without.

The step you have already taken by creating new accounts and the alt guild name will help out. The drama of those members will not change. I still enjoy combating most of you, even enjoyed your company while most of you were in TSB. But the old saying, "one bad apple, ruins the bunch" is too true in pvp guilds.

"Winning at all costs" has costs. Enjoy

I was one of the people causing a lot of drama. And you can see how I'm changing my outlook and attitude. If I, the least "mature" member of the guild can manage to do this. I'm sure everyone can come to terms with eachother. And sure we have high requirements, that was why we left. There would be no point in leaving to recreate the same thing we just tried to leave.
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    If it were up to me zone and /say chat would be disabled during all PvP matches honestly.

I for one usually turn mine completely off, and turn it to my combat log.

I get tells of hacker, cheater, p2w etc etc quite often and I'm too busy focusing on having fun in PvP to read it anyways.

But the times I do have chat on, its always the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the same people generally. Then your random QQ responses from random dudes

We have a pretty good sized group of people we've been pm'ing against lately and its been fun.

No talk..just PvP, and a atta boy or GG at the end of the match.........

Yea that's how it should be really.. I'll try to get in more pickup matches after I revamp all my mod 2 builds. Maybe I'll see u in a match soon :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I was one of the people causing a lot of drama. And you can see how I'm changing my outlook and attitude. If I, the least "mature" member of the guild can manage to do this. I'm sure everyone can come to terms with eachother. And sure we have high requirements, that was why we left. There would be no point in leaving to recreate the same thing we just tried to leave.

Good Luck as it takes a lot of time and work to change the face of a guild.
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I haven't had any real issues with enemy team in the games I have played them, but have heard from guildmates having them.

Reputations can be hard to change for the better. I wish you luck. The thing to remember is there are going to be those that won't forgive easily and will be more than ready to sling mud at you in an attempt to get you to show the "real" you. Rising above that is very hard and it will only take a few of your guild giving in to it to keep your reputation where it is. Many times, it only takes a few to build the bad reputation in the first place even if the rest are model sportsman. As the leadership, it will be your job to set the example and hold your guildmates accountable.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Good Luck as it takes a lot of time and work to change the face of a guild.

You will find that we are very chill when were not being fired at

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    I haven't had any real issues with enemy team in the games I have played them, but have heard from guildmates having them.

Reputations can be hard to change for the better. I wish you luck. The thing to remember is there are going to be those that won't forgive easily and will be more than ready to sling mud at you in an attempt to get you to show the "real" you. Rising above that is very hard and it will only take a few of your guild giving in to it to keep your reputation where it is. Many times, it only takes a few to build the bad reputation in the first place even if the rest are model sportsman. As the leadership, it will be your job to set the example and hold your guildmates accountable.

True. There is a few people that I'm worried about for uneeded trashtalking. And I'm hoping friendly trash talking isn't flagged as being bad, but I'm pretty sure people can tell when someone is messing around vs being dumb. Also I'm not the only gm. We have 4 xD.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    True. There is a few people that I'm worried about for uneeded trashtalking. And I'm hoping friendly trash talking isn't flagged as being bad, but I'm pretty sure people can tell when someone is messing around vs being dumb. Also I'm not the only gm. We have 4 xD.

Sometimes that can be the problem itself. Too many leaders, not enough soldiers.....

It could be possible that your vision, is not like the vision of the rest of your gm's. Therefore, you are fighting a losing battle. Not saying this is the case, just throwin it out there =-P

See I kinda understand what you might be goin through.

In my EQ 1 days, I played on Vallon Zek as part of the X-Team guild Prophets. People HATED us. Partly because we had a lot of members that would grief and corpse camp people, but mainly because we killed...EVERYONE. We rarely grouped with anyone outside of guild, everyone was free game. We killed entire guilds on their guild raids, then killed there boss's and left there bodies at the feet of the end boss in a zone that was repopping. We killed noobies in lowbie zones to attract high levels then slaughtered everyone, including there city guards. Hell, when Sebilis came out, we effectively locked this brand new zone completely down for almost a month, no person could enter that place without getting destroyed. The GM's were constantly disbanding our guild because people were complaining we were too mean and ruthless.

But...it was different, because in that game, we didn't have to depend on our good, or bad reputation to have fun. PvP was open world, and we could have fun and kill people anytime we wanted too.

In Neverwinter, its proven our PvP community is small, and to get a fun end game PvP match, you have to organize it, and no one wants to organize a "Fun" pvp match against someone they don't like. So you've got your work cut out for you bud, gl to ya
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Sometimes that can be the problem itself. Too many leaders, not enough soldiers.....

It could be possible that your vision, is not like the vision of the rest of your gm's. Therefore, you are fighting a losing battle. Not saying this is the case, just throwin it out there =-P

In my EQ 1 days, I played on Vallon Zek as part of the X-Team guild Prophets. People HATED us. Partly because we had a lot of members that would grief and corpse camp people, but mainly because we killed...EVERYONE. We rarely grouped with anyone outside of guild, everyone was free game. We killed entire guilds on their guild raids, then killed there boss's and left there bodies at the feet of the end boss in a zone that was repopping. We killed noobies in lowbie zones to attract high levels then slaughtered everyone, including there city guards. Hell, when Sebilis came out, we effectively locked this brand new zone completely down for almost a month, no person could enter that place without getting destroyed. The GM's were constantly disbanding our guild because people were complaining we were too mean and ruthless.

But...it was different, because in that game, we didn't have to depend on our good, or bad reputation to have fun. PvP was open world, and we could have fun and kill people anytime we wanted too.

In Neverwinter, its proven our PvP community is small, and to get a fun end game PvP match, you have to organize it, and no one wants to organize a "Fun" pvp match against someone they don't like. So you've got your work cut out for you bud, gl to ya

Hence why I made a thread. I need a little bit of help here, for you guys to meet us half way so to speak.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    in the premades and higher tiered guild there is a lot of drama and issues. i don't understand why we go through all of this over a game. why cant we just do new things, have fun, and not QQ? im usually one of the people to start problems to be honest, but really im getting tired of this now. its extremely hard to get a premade because no one wants to fight each other due to drama. i started a friendly/fun 1v1 thread and i get flamed by multiple people, which led to it getting shut down by a forum mod. all this drama is pointless. lets just play the game??

It depends on your definition of "drama".

Some think that disagreement= drama. Some think that humping someone's corpse in PvP using your mount, is drama ( i still laugh about that logic btw xD ).

Some don't like to be constructively criticized...and would start calling you names just for constructively criticizing them.

It also depends on how do you write your threads, address your issues and interact with all these different personalities. If you are polite, not toxic and civilly discussing differences of opinions then you should no longer have issues with majority of players. However, some would still flame you no matter how polite you are. Ignoring them would always <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> them off more than replying to them trust me ;).
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is a friendly PvP community too much to ask? YES, it is too much to ask. /thread.
  • Options
    immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2013
    Regardless of whether anything fruitful comes out of this thread, I'm glad to see it here. There is one guild and couple players out there that I will never play with or against (pugs, premades, pickup games, whatever) largely because I've had consistently bad experiences with them (displays of arrogance, trolling, etc). When there is trash talk in /zone, /say, or even localized to an individual's stream and his/her viewers, it does make the game less fun without question. I'm of the opinion there is NO SUCH THING as "friendly trash talk," and if I had my choice, these channels would just be disabled during matches just to prevent that type of discourse from being aired.

I think a call for a more friendly PVP community is good one. If we'd all be willing to put our egos and issues with other guilds/players aside, it would definitely make the game more enjoyable. I will certainly try to do this myself as we go forward into module two, as it's no fun to sit out of a match just because you don't want to deal with certain behaviors.

That said - There's drama without a doubt, but I've found a lot of players and guilds (Lemonade Stand and EoA in particular) to be extremely friendly, willing to learn, willing to teach, and generally display characteristics that are *good* for our community. This is worth taking the time to notice.
    Well, I gave a reason for this in the PvP vs PvE thread around page 3. There is a famous study called the Robbers Cove Experiments that talk about the end result of competition....

... So when someone says something we would experience as rude, we return the remark, but unconciously add a little more rudeness, which triggers the same respons in in the other person. And the drama polarizes untill we either reach fistfights, or have time enough to consider what happened and apologize.

I found this to be quite thought provoking. I haven't read any such studies personally, but taking time to consider this before responding to trolling/trash could be useful. I've certainly done this before when trolled, and more trash/trolling doesn't help resolve any situations.

Happy pvping!
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the shout out, Blessing. No guild is perfect, but we try to have high standards for PVP and behavior in general. Feel free to contact us if you need a home for a while. Today we had something of a record comeback... 39 people online at the moment in guild.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    jackaddjackadd Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    check your PMs
  • Options
    godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    All anyone can do is strive to do better each day. If you are someone (like myself) who tends to start making useless comments when you keep losing a few matches in a row, you just need to work to get better at it. I've gotten a lot better with this the more I play. Doing things like putting chat in "party" mode helps remind me to keep my cool, so that if I ever start to type something negative or unproductive, I would have to make an effort to put my chat into zone to make those comments heard, so I tend not to do it. It also helps remind me to focus on my "party" and see what I can do to help the team win or what I could say to the team that might help us all do better.

With respect to other people, if someone else is blowing up the chat with negative/unproductive comments, just don't reply, or even add them to the ignore list. If they aren't getting any replies or responses, they are probably going to slowly become less likely to make these statements. Even if they aren't then you have them on your list and don't need to deal with that negative energy in the future.

Overall as long as you do your best, it is fun. I used to get really mad when I was losing and end matches frustrated. However, I have learned that as long as I am doing my best and doing what I can to help support my team to a win, then I will have fun with attempting to conquer the challenge of seeing just how much I can do to make the match as close as possible.
  • Options
    pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    in the premades and higher tiered guild there is a lot of drama and issues. i don't understand why we go through all of this over a game. why cant we just do new things, have fun, and not QQ? im usually one of the people to start problems to be honest, but really im getting tired of this now. its extremely hard to get a premade because no one wants to fight each other due to drama. i started a friendly/fun 1v1 thread and i get flamed by multiple people, which led to it getting shut down by a forum mod. all this drama is pointless. lets just play the game??

i would rather have a decent pvp. this games esp since the new patch is shocking. maybe the worst around now.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    at the very least i want to have good relations with the guilds. especially because of module 2. theres going to be a lot of new builds and testing to do in the next few week and pugs matches cant really test the usefulness of a new build. we should get some premade/pickup matches going tonight/tomorrow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

So, your a FeF?

lol, good times,

Eventually on VZ, after 12p was gone, most of the top guilds had a couple basic rules and most people on the server followed them.

Loot n scoot was a big one, and not following these , could get you tagged and people would corpse camp you just because,

after a large battle for a zone or boss, the winning team would even rez the losers to save them the possible hours to recover their corpses, and to stop chances of greifing.

it worked both ways, and not everyone followed them, but a majority did, but these things were agreed upon at some time by the larger base of players.

if people cannot agree on certain aspects (gear swap, pots, flashing epeen, being a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>) whatever, then you will never get any type of non hostile community,

I don't think it would be that hard to do, most of the top guilds seem to have a solid base.