test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

is a friendly PvP comunity to much to ask?

ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
in the premades and higher tiered guild there is a lot of drama and issues. i don't understand why we go through all of this over a game. why cant we just do new things, have fun, and not QQ? im usually one of the people to start problems to be honest, but really im getting tired of this now. its extremely hard to get a premade because no one wants to fight each other due to drama. i started a friendly/fun 1v1 thread and i get flamed by multiple people, which led to it getting shut down by a forum mod. all this drama is pointless. lets just play the game??
U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
(all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ikeepit3hunna on

Comments

• Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    in the premades and higher tiered guild there is a lot of drama and issues. i don't understand why we go through all of this over a game. why cant we just do new things, have fun, and not QQ? im usually one of the people to start problems to be honest, but really im getting tired of this now. its extremely hard to get a premade because no one wants to fight each other due to drama. i started a friendly/fun 1v1 thread and i get flamed by multiple people, which led to it getting shut down by a forum mod. all this drama is pointless. lets just play the game??

Because a large majority of people who play PvP completely break down and want to cry when they get killed by someone else in a game...........Most people cant handle losing, thus ----> Drama

Pro Tip, want Drama free PvP?? Don't be this guy!!
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dhPErF1IkA0
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I typically refuse to PvP with anyone other than my guild to avoid the "PvP community" as a whole.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This happens when acting like savages has no consequences. I do blame the kid's parents for it, though.

• Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just like the RL, competitive play will generate a certain amount of rivalties. In the end the rivalty will turn into anger and other related issues. In MMOs theres no exception. Ppl get the phat lewts, think theyre uber and then, out of sudden, theyre pwned by someone else, either cuz this newly arrived stranger has better gear or skills. The shock is too much for them, then theyll start to see everyone as a true enemy. In the PvP microcosm, no matter how nice u can be, sooner or later someone will see u as a enemy. Be it in-game, or in the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cases, IRL. Yall Pvpers should already know it.

So if ure asking for a friendly PvP community, ure either too naive or have no idea what PvP means.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I'll just leave this here.

<removed image>
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    GWF PvP/CW PvE @ http://www.twitch.tv/bizzyplusplus/
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Well, I gave a reason for this in the PvP vs PvE thread around page 3. There is a famous study called the Robbers Cove Experiments that talk about the end result of competition. It gave rise to the Jigzaw-classroom that have shown to effectivley combat heuristically defined frustration (hate against a defined group, ie, sexism, racism, animosity between jocks, nerds, alternative, etc etc etc). In addition there are some nice studies on psycho-feedback that show that since we lack full information of the intention, we fill out the intention and experience things differently than intented.

As an example, we tend to attribute our own cognitive dissonant (counter our norm of behaviour) actions as being situational, but attribute other peoples as being dispositional. So when someone says something we would experience as rude, we return the remark, but unconciously add a little more rudeness, which triggers the same respons in in the other person. And the drama polarizes untill we either reach fistfights, or have time enough to consider what happened and apologize.

Sadly you will not be able to circumvent this before we have managed to live a few centuries. Some grow up more quickly, but most take between 3 to 5 decades to mature enough to handle such cultures.

Competition is fun, but you have to take the good with the bad.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

The reason you got flamed was because of your original post and funny restrictions. If you want to 1v1 just ask in-game in the PMvsPM channel or as I suggested put a team together and challenge the other teams to pre vs. pre matches. There are many competitive teams out there that enjoy competitive matches. 1v1 is pretty much a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot between mirror matches and not really fun. All comes down to RNG crts, deflects, latency, etc...
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    The reason you got flamed was because of your original post and funny restrictions. If you want to 1v1 just ask in-game in the PMvsPM channel or as I suggested put a team together and challenge the other teams to pre vs. pre matches. There are many competitive teams out there that enjoy competitive matches. 1v1 is pretty much a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot between mirror matches and not really fun. All comes down to RNG crts, deflects, latency, etc...

Team oriented pvp is not real pvp, though. To me it is just ganking. Only 1on1 can proove something.
    Maybe i am too oldschool for this, but when i played pvp games actively anything other than 1on1 was considered to be "new player" ish.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Team oriented pvp is not real pvp, though. To me it is just ganking. Only 1on1 can proove something.
    Maybe i am too oldschool for this, but when i played pvp games actively anything other than 1on1 was considered to be "new player" ish.

PvP has been a team based game in most MMOs for many years now. Arena, RvR, GvG, Battlegrounds, etc... are all team based PvP. Neverwinter is a 3 Cap and hold base PvP designed around a team not 1v1. So in Neverwinter PvP is a team based game not 1v1.
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

1v1 pvp is meaningless in a rock/paper/scissors style mmo, unless u are going up against your own class. Not to mention, most of the top pvp guilds have adopted "rules" for 1v1 within the game.

As for you just playing 1v1, I have no idea what games u have played, but going all the way back to UO, it's always been multi v multi. 1 v 1 was always considered "noobish". Only a **** leaves town alone. which resulted in many games, such as EQ, having starting zones as "safe zones". <non pvp enabled>

1v1 is for old PS, Xbox games. Not MMO's
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry to hear the 1v1 thread got shut down. I enjoyed our matches last night. I learned a lot and have more confidence in playing my GWF now. I know ultimately he's down to gear, there isn't really that much I can change skill wise for him.

Then again, i've hit that 3 century mark. So I can claim title of 'mature'. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The thing is. We do challenge a lot of people. But we rarely get a match outside of lemonade ( about 2-3 a week). And competitiveness and rivalry is fine. But if we tone down all this hostility that we have against eachother we can have a better time playing the game. Like a big group of friends instead of enemies and drama

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skatinskatin Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Why don't you join a guild? That way, you can join the rest of us in enjoying 5v5 play. Last night, I saw dozens of guilds advertising "accepting new members" in town zone chat. Check it out.

Guilds are about grouping, about making friends, about learning to cooperate with others in joint activities, about NOT whining, complaining and blaming somebody else when things don't go your way. Guilds are about learning from your mistakes and failures, and having friends there to help you, point out where you can improve. Guilds are about YOU learning to play YOUR role in THE GROUP. There are no individuals in a group. Only TEAM MEMBERS.

Of course, to join and stay in a guild, you have to demonstrate a level of maturity and cooperative spirit. Do they even teach that in schools anymore? I don't think so. Proper English and grammar are good too.
  • Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You know, I have been PvPing in games a long LONG time.. Back to when if you saw the words Cor Por, you knew you were screwed! And I have griefed and been griefed. And never in any game that I've experienced, have I ever seen such nerd rage in PvP. I have had PM's and hate mail because I've 1 and 2 shotted people, or killed someone over and over (because they kept coming back) Or been called nob, newb, **** and every variation of it, because I killed someone in PvP.... Um. It's PvP... And it's team PvP... So... If I am with 2 other people, and you run in to take the point, and the 3 of us kill you... It's what we are suppose to do. I have seen soo many people go absolutely ballistic over getting killed in PvP... If you can't handle the pressure of dying in PvP, there are games like My Pretty Pony that may be more geared for your anger management issues.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    skatin wrote: »
    Why don't you join a guild? That way, you can join the rest of us in enjoying 5v5 play. Last night, I saw dozens of guilds advertising "accepting new members" in town zone chat. Check it out.

Guilds are about grouping, about making friends, about learning to cooperate with others in joint activities, about NOT whining, complaining and blaming somebody else when things don't go your way. Guilds are about learning from your mistakes and failures, and having friends there to help you, point out where you can improve. Guilds are about YOU learning to play YOUR role in THE GROUP. There are no individuals in a group. Only TEAM MEMBERS.

Of course, to join and stay in a guild, you have to demonstrate a level of maturity and cooperative spirit. Do they even teach that in schools anymore? I don't think so. Proper English and grammar are good too.

I am one of the guild masters of enemy team.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The thing is. We do challenge a lot of people. But we rarely get a match outside of lemonade ( about 2-3 a week). And competitiveness and rivalry is fine. But if we tone down all this hostility that we have against eachother we can have a better time playing the game. Like a big group of friends instead of enemies and drama

Strictly speaking from what I've seen and heard from others(I have no problem playing against you). You have a hard time finding a match not because people fear losing to you, but your guild has done a great job at trashing its own name. Your like the kid down the street with all the fancy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but no one wants to play with you..

Change your guild name for 1 day, have a new member ask for a premade match and I guarantee you'll find matches all day long, or at the very least until everyone realizes who you are =P
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    People are just **** tbh. Online game is just a small reflection of our society. You got jerks and sore loser all around.

Sad truth but nothing u can do about it. No one likes losing let us be clear it is a human nature of cause. But we can control our emotion and prevent turning losing to raging.

I hate losing but when I try my best and lose well I have to take it, I am not gonna say I feel good but I won't rage or cry, be a man and take a lost.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Strictly speaking from what I've seen and heard from others(I have no problem playing against you). You have a hard time finding a match not because people fear losing to you, but your guild has done a great job at trashing its own name. Your like the kid down the street with all the fancy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but no one wants to play with you..

Change your guild name for 1 day, have a new member ask for a premade match and I guarantee you'll find matches all day long, or at the very least until everyone realizes who you are =P

We havent done anything to tarnish our name. We get shots fired at us, then some of our hotheaded members fire back. Thus drama begins. We will be cool with anyone as long as your cool with us. We need to do something to fix all of this mess... maybe a cross guild voice chat meeting on ts/raid/vent or whatever

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    People are just **** tbh. Online game is just a small reflection of our society. You got jerks and sore loser all around.

Sad truth but nothing u can do about it. No one likes losing let us be clear it is a human nature of cause. But we can control our emotion and prevent turning losing to raging.

I hate losing but when I try my best and lose well I have to take it, I am not gonna say I feel good but I won't rage or cry, be a man and take a lost.

Very true. But this game has a more mature player base. I know that most are 20-30 years old. We can make this work atleast amongst the pvp guilds if we put some work in

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    maybe a cross guild voice chat meeting on ts/raid/vent or whatever

I agree with ya buddy, but I don't think people care enough honestly.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    We havent done anything to tarnish our name. We get shots fired at us, then some of our hotheaded members fire back. Thus drama begins. We will be cool with anyone as long as your cool with us. We need to do something to fix all of this mess... maybe a cross guild voice chat meeting on ts/raid/vent or whatever

Sorry to say but Enemy Team has some loud mouths that can't handle losing in PvP then start to spam whispers and trash talk all game. So those players get put on mute and so does the guild. Many of us have no problems losing a match and saying GG afterwards.

So if you are one of the guild masters maybe you need to get a handle on your guildmates. And you can go watch their streams and listen to their big mouths.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I agree with ya buddy, but I don't think people care enough honestly.

We only need like 1 or 2 from each guild. I'm sure this is do-able

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    We only need like 1 or 2 from each guild. I'm sure this is do-able

I think you'll have a hard time finding those 1 or 2 hunna.

Because of what dk said. Lots of streams full of trash talking other people. Most people would rather just say "yup, your the best and way better then us...have fun playing against no one".. Hard to come back from things sometimes, I've seen many o'great guilds disbanded because of things exactly like this.

Problem with mmo's, is they aren't as big as people think they are. Eventually everything comes back
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think you'll have a hard time finding those 1 or 2 hunna.

Because of what dk said. Lots of streams full of trash talking other people. Most people would rather just say "yup, your the best and way better then us...have fun playing against no one".. Hard to come back from things sometimes, I see many o'great guilds toppled internally because of the exact same things.

For the most part we are fine with lemon (atleast to my knowledge) and I've had problems with steam for awhile, but we talked for a brief moment yesterday and we are gonna put our issues behind us. It would take a little bit of time but I think we can make a better atmosphere in pvp and the pmvspm channel. No one enjoys drama

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    For the most part we are fine with lemon (atleast to my knowledge) and I've had problems with steam for awhile, but we talked for a brief moment yesterday and we are gonna put our issues behind us. It would take a little bit of time but I think we can make a better atmosphere in pvp and the pmvspm channel. No one enjoys drama

I agree. In my experience...most problems are forgotten about with time.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I agree. In my experience...most problems are forgotten about with time.

Yea, aslong as it isn't rekindled everyday in chat x.x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited December 2013
    I am one of the guild masters of enemy team.

You do know that your guild is in fact guilty of the exact thing you are complaining of right? Trash talking, whining, harassment, etc... I agree that I would like the pvp community to be more mature overall but you need to start policing your own guild first.
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    [QUOTE=ikeepit3hunna;6669011]We havent done anything to tarnish our name. We get shots fired at us, then some of our hotheaded members fire back. Thus drama begins. We will be cool with anyone as long as your cool with us. We need to do something to fix all of this mess... maybe a cross guild voice chat meeting on ts/raid/vent or whatever[/QUOTE]

Sorry to burst your bubble. but your name was tarnished the day you formed the guild. Claiming innocence that you don't do anything until someone else starts the fight is again, false advertisement. When you create a guild full of hothead epeeners, drama is guaranteed. Your recent recruit aquisitions are some of the worst in the game. You have chosen to be number one at all costs. Of which, most of us know what that means.
    This philosophy, while maybe puts u at the top, brings all the children and their mentality with it. Drama is brought on by drama. First step in changing this, is fixing the drama queens within. Not without.

The step you have already taken by creating new accounts and the alt guild name will help out. The drama of those members will not change. I still enjoy combating most of you, even enjoyed your company while most of you were in TSB. But the old saying, "one bad apple, ruins the bunch" is too true in pvp guilds.

"Winning at all costs" has costs. Enjoy
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    If it were up to me zone and /say chat would be disabled during all PvP matches honestly.

I for one usually turn mine completely off, and turn it to my combat log.

I get tells of hacker, cheater, p2w etc etc quite often and I'm too busy focusing on having fun in PvP to read it anyways.

But the times I do have chat on, its always the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the same people generally. Then your random QQ responses from random dudes

We have a pretty good sized group of people we've been pm'ing against lately and its been fun.

No talk..just PvP, and a atta boy or GG at the end of the match.........
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    You do know that your guild is in fact guilty of the exact thing you are complaining of right? Trash talking, whining, harassment, etc... I agree that I would like the pvp community to be more mature overall but you need to start policing your own guild first.

Yes I know. But the reason why we were so hostile was that everyone was ganging up against us and flaming every day for over a month. Anyways, we are trying to fix this problem.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]