Install Arc
Options

[Oppressor] Zhuge Liang's Tanky Build

2»

Comments

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guys, logs of fight from ACT is needed to judge, how can oppressor DPS and how much he's better, than thau. Cause +10% to at-wills can't be better +5-25% all damage from FPT and +15% damage from Assailing Force. Alacrity reduces cooldown only for one DPS spell: Icy Terrain. Does it stacks?

Honestly, dps isn't my priority, i focus on controlling stuff, it will eventually die. I built my CW with CN in mind, with my experience as a DC. Excess control can't be achieved in this instance, especially if you do legit runs. There are some tricky packs you need to stun asap and to keep stunlocked, or you wipe. When i take a look at the scoreboard in other instances, i often see i've made the most damage. Not that i care, it's just a fact. And runs don't take really longer with more control, since the team can really focus on killing stuff instead of dodging all the time.

By the way, yes, icy ground stacks. And it procs the HV debuff, but only on mobs you can control. With all the little mobs with little HPs, it's often up.

I can also spam entrangling force in gauntlgrym when i use ice storm. Ironically, the daily power helps me building AP. That wasn't the original purpose but it's a useful side-effect to keep tanks under control.
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Than mention, that this guide for wizards, that want to be a "control" wizard, not "DPS" wizard.
    BTW, I running legit CN runs. And, honestly, I don't see any place, where oppressor will be better, than frost thau. All wizards has same control. To proc alacrity, you must kill target. That means, that pack is already near death and control from stacking terrains is not needed already.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Than mention, that this guide for wizards, that want to be a "control" wizard, not "DPS" wizard.
    BTW, I running legit CN runs. And, honestly, I don't see any place, where oppressor will be better, than frost thau. All wizards has same control. To proc alacrity, you must kill target. That means, that pack is already near death and control from stacking terrains is not needed already.

Not really near death, if you use icy terrain and then steal time, you can use icy terrain again almost instantly, since there are often little mobs with low hps (like spiders or skeletons summoned by red wizards). Like i said, my purpose is to permastun mobs. And it works.
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Not going to persuade you, but simply more fast killing of trash is better, than "it will die eventually".
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Not going to persuade you, but simply more fast killing of trash is better, than "it will die eventually".

If you want to do pirate king or cragmire, yes, if you want to do smooth CN runs, not so much. The failure rate is clearly lower when mobs are permastunned.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I runned CN near 80 times. Problems and death were only in case, when we became overconfident and pulled 3 or more packs like trash near beholder or after spider. And even with death this 3 packs were cleared in about minute or even less.
  • Options
    keltinblaze1keltinblaze1 Member Posts: 78
    edited July 2013
    guys, you're going off topic. I stated this build/playstyle is not best/better than any other builds, it just fits my playstyle (as non dps!) but on my behalf/experience, I've ran CN well over 600 times (not exaggerating) and we clear CN just as fast/faster than the top guilds in our shard. 1 of our CN runs now, take +/- 25m, including Draco fight. The Draco fight itself, only takes 2-3 minutes :)
    KING Ethan Ma Chao Lu Xun - Dragon Shard - Black Lotus

Check out my CW Oppressor Tank Guide Here
  • Options
    xyazmynexxyazmynex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have just respeced into the oppressor tree to try and build against the normal hype to check it out. I am hoping to see how well the control works because my playstyle is more party orientented and not to top the charts. Control is the key to alot of battles that I think most peeps forget and it is not for everyone. I just wanted to thank you Keltinblaze1 for sharing your insight and I look forward to seeing how it rolls out. Don't let the haters get ya down great job!!
    SigGenHandler.ashx?mainText=Yazmyne&mtCol1=FF0000&mtCol2=FF9900&lti=65&tti=10&otherCol1=FFFFFF&otherCol2=000000&bgCol1=000000&bgCol2=FF0000&sub1=Control+Wizard+Level+60&sub2=KoG+Guild+Founder+-+Mindflayer+Server&r1=&r2=&r3=&r4=&pt=10&pl=5&fs1=16&fs2=9&mtGt=0&pGt=1&bgImgUrl=&thumbImgUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.guildportal.com%2fMemberThumbs%2fY%2f541697121-26007.png&mtBorderCol=000000&font=Red+Circle&fontSmall=Arial
  • Options
    imfrostbitesimfrostbites Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    whats up guys, keltinblaze1/KING Ethan here. any old cw's around my time still play? i just returned yesterday :D look me up in game!

ill be online under KING Ethan or FrostBite just search Black Lotus
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Old post is old.

Welcome back. I rock an oppressor build myself, although my primary focus is pvp, not pve. Either way, it's been some good insight into one potential build style. thanks for bringing it back up.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    thanks :) theres a newer version of this build from 1 of our core members, same concept, but renegade/thaum works too and its tanky + full dps. dream come true. we haven't posted it since we quit, but i still haven't seen anyone post one up yet.. not sure if any of you CW's would be interested.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I've been thinking about doing an arcane focus, instead of frost focus. I know that's looking towards renegade instead of oppressor. It'd be something to try out with the new MoF path coming on the 5th. Arcane + fire = BURN MOAR!!!!

ahem, sorry..

Go ahead and post it up if you're willing. Always interested in seeing how other people build!
  • Options
    djyrbdjyrb Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thanks :) theres a newer version of this build from 1 of our core members, same concept, but renegade/thaum works too and its tanky + full dps. dream come true. we haven't posted it since we quit, but i still haven't seen anyone post one up yet.. not sure if any of you CW's would be interested.

I'd definitely be interested in checking out this build - if you could post it, it would be much appreciated!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    yeah sure, check back in a few hours. am busy farming CN with guild atm, you can pm me ingame for a chat @ KING Ethan
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Interesting that this got brought back up, since I saw a CW in PVP the other day that was surviving multiple fights against multiple people. Would be interested in doing something like that myself.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)