test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can only have 3 character slots?

paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have a bit of a problem. I have 3 character slots, and the "buy more character slots" button is grey and says "cannot buy more character slots at this time"

Am I really limited to only 3 characters now? Or am I having a bug?
This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
Post edited by paladmethius on

Comments

• tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You need to have the required amount of Zen (500 I think) in your account and then that button will be clickable. or you could purchase the Zen and then buy the slots directly from the Zen store, which is the method I would suggest.
  • rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No you can have up to 100. I have 7. Go into the game, open the store, and buy the slots there. Two slots costs 500 Zen, which is pretty reasonable.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    actually i don't think you can purchase characters slots from the character selection screen just yet. you need to do that through the gateway zen store or through the in-game zen store.
  • serengettiserengetti Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2013
    How did you manage to get 3 character slots anyway?

You start with 2, and can only buy more in packs of 2.
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    some packs has given out extra slots to
  • mistysummermistysummer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited December 2013
    serengetti wrote: »

The player may have bought a pack prior such as the Feywild or the Guardian pack, they both come with one character slot.
    Showscreation.png

"Blindness is a private matter between a person and the eyes they choose to use. For there are none so blind as those that do not listen dalharil"
  • paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    actually i don't think you can purchase characters slots from the character selection screen just yet. you need to do that through the gateway zen store or through the in-game zen store.

See that must be the problem. I have the zen, more then enough, it just simply refused to let me buy a slot at the character select screen. I had no clue where to get the slots anywhere else.
    This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
  • empa88empa88 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    log into the game with a character pressing Y for the Zen Market and go to the services

npjv.png
    GF lvl 60
    TR lvl 60
    HR lvl 30
    CW lvl 30
    DC lvl 50
    GWF lvl 30
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . . Each account may only have a maximum total of 51 character slots on it. To buy more than the initial 2 free slots (or other slots granted with account unlocks), you must purchase them in the Zen Shop in-game or through some other form of account perk that unlocks more character slots. Still, the maximum allowed per account is 51.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    don't pay real $ money for char slost just make a new account for free LOL
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the problem with multiple (free) accounts is you won't be able to take advantage of account wide items or account bound items (in module 2).
  • nwntalonnwntalon Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To add to melodywhr, you also lose the advantage of multiple alts earning diamonds that can be shared.
    Kildrak Gemviper - 60 GF
    Void Reaper - 60 CW
    Eliza Trickfoot - 60 TR
    Scarlet Maiden - 60 DC
    Timmy Orc-Bane - 60 GWF
    Ranger Jo - 20 HR
  • paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited December 2013
    well that fixed it, the zen market thing did it. I was just trying to do it at the character screen and couldn't figure out why I was unable to.
  • rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    serengetti wrote: »

Sorry, must of gotten the extra one with one of the packs. I bought it when I started in beta and probablydidn't even realize it was one of the perks.
    edited December 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . . Each account may only have a maximum total of 51 character slots on it. To buy more than the initial 2 free slots (or other slots granted with account unlocks), you must purchase them in the Zen Shop in-game or through some other form of account perk that unlocks more character slots. Still, the maximum allowed per account is 51.

My bad, thought I read somewhere that it was 100. I don't see anyone buying more than 10-12, but I am sure there are people that buy more.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My bad, thought I read somewhere that it was 100. I don't see anyone buying more than 10-12, but I am sure there are people that buy more.

I currently have 10 i'm thinking about buying more. Ill probably buy a set for every new class
    21.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . No worries! It is 51 for sure. The reason it is 51, and not just 50, is taking into account the 1 character slot you get at level 15 when you unlock The Foundry. So, you can have up to 50 character slots on the live Shard and then at level 15, you get one more for your Foundry Character only, which is automatically created the first time you load the Foundry Editor. You won't see this "hidden" slot anywhere, as it is tucked away in the Foundry Editor.
    edited December 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . No worries! It is 51 for sure. The reason it is 51, and not just 50, is taking into account the 1 character slot you get at level 15 when you unlock The Foundry. So, you can have up to 50 character slots on the live Shard and then at level 15, you get one more for your Foundry Character only, which is automatically created the first time you load the Foundry Editor. You won't see this "hidden" slot anywhere, as it is tucked away in the Foundry Editor.

Why thanks, did't know that :-)