hoodster7hoodster7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Do you pvp for fun?
Do you pvp for the daily?
Do you not pvp at all?
Post edited by hoodster7 on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Aye, laddie! I do!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    skippymcjuniorskippymcjunior Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pvp is fun, but I wouldn't do it constantly. I'm casual and want to have some fun while making diamonds so I just do it for the daily.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'll admit I haven't done any PvP yet :o.
    I'm too afraid that my GF with the Titanium Sword Knot ;) would get his Stone of Alure ;) ripped 'orf by someone who's spent more time practicing than I can.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I PvP for fun everyday. Some days it is more fun than others. lol
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Hell yeah PVP is pretty much all I do.

PVE is too easy man, only PVE I find fun is MC last boss, CN draco and Epic DV. All done in legit ofc, no glitch no push what so ever.
  • Options
    yugnafyugnaf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i used to pvp. but i m not anymore. tired of people starting a session and not finishing.
  • Options
    godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Real men go hardcore pvp :P
  • Options
    axlinsharpfangaxlinsharpfang Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I pvp....badly.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . Only for the daily and only about once or twice a month and only when I have both Rhix's and Neverember's daily. I couldn't care any less about PvP in Neverwinter. My only true enjoyment in PvP is kicking people when my party or I kill them. I prefer to play PvP games for my PvP fixes as I don't see any point in having PvP in an RPG. Plus, I prefer sci-fi game settings for PvP than fantasy/medieval settings. There has been an exception, but sadly that game is no more.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I pvp, for the dailies, for fun, for xp.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, for fun (always) and sometimes for the lulz, I mean, against my own team. :P
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't always pvp, but when I do the matches are 1000-0
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited December 2013
    I generally only pop PvP these days although admittedly it has become a slog. The competitive back and forth match is a rare bird and too often it's either your team begins getting smaller or theirs, making the whole exercise futile.

Truthfully I find lower level PvP to be far more enjoyable. The difference between a level 21 and 29, say, is far less than a new or mid geared 60 and one with uber enchantments and enhancements. A level playing field would go a long long way toward improving PvP.

Some new maps and objectives would be a great addition on top of it.
  • Options
    immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2013
    I never pvp, ever!

Ok, kidding aside, pvp is the main reason I continue to play Neverwinter despite its balance issues and lack of variety. The combat system feels fast and fluid, and I always feel like there's more to learn about positioning, timing, and strategy/matchups. PVE got boring a long time ago!
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I do, for fun mostly, although I do the daily as well (it'd be dumb not to...). However, it rarely is fun. 60% of the times or so I end up in a team without any clue whatsoever about what to do. Sometimes I kinda rage against them after I try to explain what to do (Backcap if you wanna win. Kill the CWs first if you wanna win not the GWF/immortal halfling PvP DC etc. etc.) and feel bad afterwards. 30% of the times I end up with people with perfects and R8s+ from known PvP guilds, and after the match is basically done, I just stay at mid and watch them mercilessly farm the poor other team again and again. This is probably the most depressing of all. Sometimes even my own gameplay gets me so depressed I feel like quitting the match, because the usual CW rotation with Icy Rays tabbed/CS, EF, RoE or CoI is killing almost every newer player in one go (which is idiotic) and it's hard for me not to put myself in their place.

And then like 5% of the times I get in matches that have good players against good players, some I win and some I lose, I might kill a lot and/or I might die a lot as well, but in the end they are so much fun. This is why I continue to queue, most of the times alone.