test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Freshly copied toon, feats reset

sigaxel77sigaxel77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
For the last few days, this has been happening to me from time to time. Let's say I copy toon X from live to preview, chances are when I first log in X on preview its feats get reset. Nothing else, just the feats. So far, this has happened with every available class (I've got each class at level 60 on live). The odd thing is, it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes once or twice in a row, sometimes not.
Post edited by sigaxel77 on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's weird that it would happen with every class.

GWF and DC are getting forced feat respecs because of feats being moved around in the paths.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got the behavior I would have expected while testing something else. My DC and GWFs had their feats reset, but the TRs, GF and CW did not.

The only odd bit was my sentinel GWF got "respec failed" the first time I loaded her up, but the second time I loaded her (same import), her feats did reset. Unlike my destroyer, I have not assigned her any points into a feat that is slated to be changed to a different tree, so that may be a factor in the initial message.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sigaxel77sigaxel77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just did some more tests today. Copied all my toons over twice, and this is what happened.

First time:
    CW: Feats reset
    TR: Nothing changed
    DC: Feats reset
    GF: Feats reset
    GWF: Feats reset

Second time:
    CW: Nothing changed
    TR: Feats reset
    DC: Feats reset
    GF: Feats reset
    GWF: Feats reset

I copy my CW and TR quite a lot (for some wards, enchantments and AD, mostly), and it's quite random whether their feats reset or not.

I agree. Makes sense they would reset on the DC, GF and GWF, but the CW and TR... Not so much.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Actually the only thing that strikes me as odd is its not 100% of the time for the same character.

Considering respec is entirely broken atm and we are supposed to get a free one for all toons on live we can only hope both problems are related and fixed by the 5th. :)
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.