test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Maintenance - 12/03 7:30 am PST (Pacific)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We'll be performing server maintenance tomorrow at 7:30 AM PST. Maintenance is scheduled to last for 90 minutes, but this time could vary.

There are no patch notes expected for this maintenance. Just some server stability improvements.

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1: (7:30 AM PST) Maintenance has begun. Still looking at an estimated downtime of 90
minutes.

Update 2: (8:24 AM PST) Maintenance has completed ahead of schedule. Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• ichikuraichikura Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so in other words Gauntlgrym is at that time since the only time you guys shut down the server is during the 3-4 times a DAY event -_-

edit* this is not me being mad at the staff for choosing this time I just wish that if they are going to do it during the gaunt times they reset them to start after the maintenance is over is all
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ichikura wrote: »
    so in other words Gauntlgrym is at that time since the only time you guys shut down the server is during the 3-4 times a DAY event -_-

edit* this is not me being mad at the staff for choosing this time I just wish that if they are going to do it during the gaunt times they reset them to start after the maintenance is over is all
    It's always going to be a day event for someone no matter what time they do it :D
  • thunderquntthunderqunt Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think the point they were trying to make is that you can only do GG 3 or 4 times per day, during the event. Nothing else has this problem. If it were during the Foundry, PVP or Dungeon events then people could still do them when the servers are back up, albeit for fewer rewards.
  • shindenialshindenial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No patch notes yet my launcher is now downloading a 1683MB update. Hmmm...what could that be? :)

-Shin
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i downloaded / patched the 1.6gb file in side of 30 seconds.... yeah fake download...
  • carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shindenial wrote: »
    No patch notes yet my launcher is now downloading a 1683MB update. Hmmm...what could that be? :)

-Shin

is the pre-patch for Module 2; take a look on the sticky posts
  • carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i downloaded / patched the 1.6gb file in side of 30 seconds.... yeah fake download...

the patch-files downloaded are compressed, so if you have a good link, you can download them quickly
  • foszaebarefoszaebare Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why does shard maintenance always have to be the exact same time? As a west coast person who can't check his professions at work, 7:30 - 9:00 Pacific is exactly the time i'd have to check and set tasks for all my workers. But at least once a week there's a day when it's not an option and all i can do is bulk hiring. It sucks and i wish you could inconvenience someone else once in a while.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    foszaebare wrote: »
    Why does shard maintenance always have to be the exact same time? As a west coast person who can't check his professions at work, 7:30 - 9:00 Pacific is exactly the time i'd have to check and set tasks for all my workers. But at least once a week there's a day when it's not an option and all i can do is bulk hiring. It sucks and i wish you could inconvenience someone else once in a while.

They are also west coast people who do the maintenance first thing in the morning so they have the entire rest of their workday to troubleshoot if necessary.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    foszaebare wrote: »

Why would they change their office schedule just so as not to inconvenience you or anybody else , they do the patch at the time that is most convenient to them , the patch usually always takes place from 7.30AM onwards so they have the patch done right at the start of their working day that way if anything goes wrong they have a whole work day to fix it .

Edit - Dammit ! totally ninja'd by Beckylunatic as per usual :< lol
  • focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is always someone dissappointed, either. It is gg, dd, foundry, professions, your own timezone making you cant play. So what is going to be different if they change it? Just accept this, it is what is. Discussion closed ;).
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
  • wolfblasshgwolfblasshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was 3 30 pm for me on my day off but so what it has to be done, so i just go and play something else It is a minor inconvenience that we all have to put up with :) no matter what time zone we are in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Here's tae us wha's like us gie few and thar aw deed
This discussion has been closed.