test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pirate skyhol QUEST dont see any!!!!

myt3myt3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hello is my second char and this never happen to me.... im LVl 54 and im in pirate skyhold i was doing quest and the last one i made wast the The Scaled Menace but nothing happear after that no more quest i went to the places where the quest are and nothing they not happear to me is because im to high?
Post edited by myt3 on

Comments

• duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    when you level "too high" the quest shields for new quests above the NPCs heads disapear.

You can still get the quests, but you have to talk to each NPC. quite often more then once.
    sometimes it feels like you have to go to the previous campfire etc. quite challenging to find the quests.
    Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • myt3myt3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    .... but i need the quest for the main quest or something like that?
  • myt3myt3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It will affect.... the main story?
  • echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I ran through it at level 60, so you can do it. I remember there is also a chick by one of the campfires (who talks a LOT and is rather annoying) who gave something that seemed like a side quest, but you had to do it as well. Lilli Huntinghawk or something?
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    duur wrote: »
    when you level "too high" the quest shields for new quests above the NPCs heads disapear.

You can still get the quests, but you have to talk to each NPC. quite often more then once.
    sometimes it feels like you have to go to the previous campfire etc. quite challenging to find the quests.

This is not always true. Once you hit 8 or 9 or 10 levels past the cap, even speaking to NPCs will give you NOTHING. My CW out leveled Neverdeath (all my doing invocations, too - go figure). So when I decided to start playing it again, I went to Neverdeath and got two, ONLY TWO quests: both from the first NPC who gives them. Perhaps it works in some zones, but definitely not all of them.

Then: nothing. Even talking to all the other NPCs gave me NOTHING.

The level caps in this game really suck-eggs. In Star Trek Online there are NO level caps because everything scales to player level (or the player is temporally scaled down). Why the heck they can't use the same system in neverwinter is beyond me. It's as though Cryptic's right hand (STO) and left hand (NW) don't even know each other exist.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is not always true. Once you hit 8 or 9 or 10 levels past the cap, even speaking to NPCs will give you NOTHING. My CW out leveled Neverdeath (all my doing invocations, too - go figure). So when I decided to start playing it again, I went to Neverdeath and got two, ONLY TWO quests: both from the first NPC who gives them. Perhaps it works in some zones, but definitely not all of them.

Then: nothing. Even talking to all the other NPCs gave me NOTHING.

The level caps in this game really suck-eggs. In Star Trek Online there are NO level caps because everything scales to player level (or the player is temporally scaled down). Why the heck they can't use the same system in neverwinter is beyond me. It's as though Cryptic's right hand (STO) and left hand (NW) don't even know each other exist.

And did you complete the quests that you could get so you continue on with the chain?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've successfully done Neverdeath repeatedly while 20 levels or more too high for it (many alts professioning and invoking while I don't have enough time to play them all), so I don't know why it gives other people grief.

First you bounce between the two Doomguides and do all the quests across the rift, also optionally TR class and human racial quests, and a shady one for Chettlebell. Then you get sent to talk to Harper Windle, and rotate quests for her and Chettlebell in Craftsman's Rest. You can also optionally do the ones for the mercenary near the shopkeeper.

Never, ever had a problem with it. Never had a problem completing any area while overlevelled, though I'm sure I've missed optional sidequests by missing talking to their givers at all, or by talking to them at the wrong times.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes I certainly did - everything I could (even bonus quests).

@Beckylunatic - only the main Doomguide gave me anything (the two initial instanced quests - not even any zone-based quests) - no other NPC offered anything at all (and I did go to every single one) - regardless if they had a quest tag over their heads or not. This was a Wizard class, Moon Elf. So I am wondering if race/class or combination thereof might have something to do with it.

Either way - it's a moot point for me so I just move on to Helm's Hold; closer to my skill level trajectory, I suppose. Suffice it to say: simply revisiting NPCs when you are over-leveled does not always offer their quests. :)
  • masterawolmasterawol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If it helps I recently did Neverdeath with a level 48 character and completed it. Just talk to every NPC at the hub until you get the quests. Might need to circle them twice for some quests.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, there tends to be a whole lot of do a quest or two, turn those in, then talk to the other guy and see if he has anything now, do a quest and turn it in, then make the rounds again to see if anyone else has something to do. And it's very easy to miss talking to one NPC after some turn-in or another and missing something.

I almost never do quests at-level (invocation xp). I know I miss side-quests because I forget to talk to the guy that offers them at the exact right moment. But I don't tend to get stuck completing the main ones, and when I do, it's because I'm having trouble finding an objective for something I've accepted.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia