Install Arc

Why no cooldown if u switch enchants?

2»

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Imagine lotr:

Gimli: "Aragorn, the orcs are coming!"

Aragorn: "Alright, give me a second, i have to put on my other chainmail armor set"

Gimli: "..."

• immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    And that is working as intended, I believe. So if that is a groundrule, what makes you think it's okay to jump from a Soulforge proc into a Negation or any other enchant for that matter? It's clearly not intended. Weapon swapping is marginally more believable than armor swapping, but I still don't believe it was an intended mechanic. I realize that videogames are not reality, but there should be some semblance of reality applied to a life and death fight. I could see a TR for instance pulling a different knife out of the blue, but a GF just procuring another longsword? A CW pulling a different orb out of some pack? Then when you get to two-handers, it just gets silly. Honestly, none of these actions would be easy to achieve while an enemy is actively trying to kill you.

The devs should absolutely change it if it's not the intended behavior. I have my doubts though - how many times have threads like this been started and nothing has changed? Compare a topic like this to say, artifact swapping which was prevented immediately. I personally enjoy the additional complexity that today's system allows, but if it's not an intended mechanic as it is, why haven't the devs done anything about it?

As for realism, there are plenty of games out there which aren't realistic when it comes to gear swapping. Aion lets you swap between two weapon sets instantly, heck Guild Wars 2 is even BUILT around combos from switching weapon sets on the fly. I agree that it's totally silly to imagine a GWF swapping greatswords, armor, helmets, etc while fighting someone. However, as you said - this is a game, and a game is just a set of rules programmed by the developer. Regardless of how realistic any of those rules are, they still different than real life's (drastically so, in this case. How many people with floating CW-style orbs and who summon companion clerics out of thin air have you seen walking around lately?).
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    . How many people with floating CW-style orbs and who summon companion clerics out of thin air have you seen walking around lately?).

More times than I'd care to admit. Especially on weeks when I run out of my psych meds.
    edited November 2013
    The devs should absolutely change it if it's not the intended behavior. I have my doubts though - how many times have threads like this been started and nothing has changed? Compare a topic like this to say, artifact swapping which was prevented immediately. I personally enjoy the additional complexity that today's system allows, but if it's not an intended mechanic as it is, why haven't the devs done anything about it?

As for realism, there are plenty of games out there which aren't realistic when it comes to gear swapping. Aion lets you swap between two weapon sets instantly, heck Guild Wars 2 is even BUILT around combos from switching weapon sets on the fly. I agree that it's totally silly to imagine a GWF swapping greatswords, armor, helmets, etc while fighting someone. However, as you said - this is a game, and a game is just a set rules programmed by the developer. Regardless of how realistic any of those rules are, they still different than real life's (drastically so, in this case. How many people with floating CW-style orbs and who summon companion clerics out of thin air have you seen walking around lately?).

It is still an exploit, obviously and isn't intended. The devs had higher priority tasks. The artifact swap - glitch got fixed, because the devs are currently actively working on that type of content...
    (this is the reason they have put up feedback threads)

I hope this answered the question.

• esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    They should prevent exploiters, from being able to survive in situations, which without armor swapping would kill them. Changing an entire set from DD to tank can also be considered an exploit btw, because it gives an unfair/unintended advantage over people who don't swap their gear.

I agree, i get a huge advantage when i swap my gear during combat in PvE. No one is able to do that because i have got 2 hands and ten fingers !, i'm sure not much people got that.

Also my mouse is a gaming mouse, i can mount/dismount and even use potion by using the mouse only.

Also, the devices for special people ( veterans) that makes it easier for them is also exploiting right?

what if i use a controller or a gamepad, oh wait...that will give me an advantage...means i'm exploiting with that too i guess.

/sarcasm
    edited November 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    I agree, i get a huge advantage when i swap my gear during combat. No one is able to do that because i have got hands and five fingers !, i'm sure not much people got that.

/sarcasm

Ridiculing the topic, isn't going to change wrong to right. Looks like an act of desperation to me.
    It surely does give you a huge advantage, if you go from a squishy dps setup straight to a tank setup
    within 1-2 seconds, let's keep the conversation realistic...

No offence intended.

edited November 2013
    It is still an exploit, obviously and isn't intended. The devs had higher priority tasks. The artifact swap - glitch got fixed, because the devs are currently actively working on that type of content...

I hope this answered the question.

THIS. They are actively working on bugs in the Test Shard. That stuff they will fix ASAP, as they want the upcoming launch to go smoothly. The Armor swapping bug has been around since before the game left beta.
    edited November 2013
    I agree, i get a huge advantage when i swap my gear during combat in PvE. No one is able to do that because i have got 2 hands and ten fingers !, i'm sure not much people got that.

And I'm sure everyone has 2-3 sets of T2 armor with different Greater enchants in each one just laying around in our inventorys as well.

/////extra sarcasm

Just cause anyone can do it, doesn't mean it's not an exploit.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    And I'm sure everyone has 2-3 sets of T2 armor with different Greater enchants in each one just laying around in our inventorys as well.

/////extra sarcasm
    I'm sure me switching from tank to debuff gearing and helping out the party kill the boss faster, makes me a mega exploiter because it is unintended. Because cryptic has clearly stated that it is a bannable behavior.

/megasuper sarcasm
    edited November 2013
    Just cause anyone can do it, doesn't mean it's not an exploit.

Just cause someone can't do it, doesn't mean it is an exploit either.

Advantage ≠ Exploiting.

Because by that logic, anyone who is better than you or have stuff you dont have...makes them exploiters aswell.
    edited November 2013
    Just cause someone can't do it, doesn't mean it is an exploit either.

Advantage ≠ Exploiting.

Because by that logic, anyone who is better than you or have stuff you dont have...makes them exploiters aswell.

You're missing the point.

Question: Does it kill you, if you don't swap your gear?

If it does, then swapping sets does give an unintended advantage.
    We can't even use buff potions, back to back during combat, they all share a CD.

Armor sets, should have a similar mechanic.

edited November 2013
    I'm sure me switching from tank to debuff gearing and helping out the party kill the boss faster, makes me a mega exploiter because it is unintended. Because cryptic has clearly stated that it is a bannable behavior.

/megasuper sarcasm

To be honest, I could give a hairy rat's *** about PvE armor swapping. It doesn't really effect me directly. It's the PvP swapping that concerns me. That being said, you can delude yourself all you like esteena. If this isn't an exploit, it is most certainly an unintended oversight. And in PvP, it is straight up cheating as far as I'm concerned.
    edited November 2013
    To be honest, I could give a hairy rat's *** about PvE armor swapping. It doesn't really effect me directly. It's the PvP swapping that concerns me. That being said, you can delude yourself all you like esteena. If this isn't an exploit, it is most certainly an unintended oversight. And in PvP, it is straight up cheating as far as I'm concerned.
    I switch my whole gear in combat on my DC in PvE during boss fights, from tanky-healing gear into debuffing gear.

Why on earth would you want cryptic to prevent us from doing that?

We don't have to get our PvE screwed even more, because of the coding failure being abused on PvP side.

Just prevent CDs to be reseted on enchants when the armor is being swapped. Problem solved.

People should just read...
  • arbularbul Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There should be place for pvp queue with all enchantment disabled
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The devs should absolutely change it if it's not the intended behavior. I have my doubts though - how many times have threads like this been started and nothing has changed?

i think the number of threads asking for change vs the actual number of things changed from said threads aren't necessarily an indication that something is working as intended. case in point: tenebrous enchants.

it's more likely that there's a pretty long list of things to be worked on by priority and this just isn't a huge priority.

but i think it will be addressed in the future.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    All that are against armor switching are happy with this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?518941-Feedback-The-new-Soulforged-Enchantment (^.^) Armor swapping aren't useful with this enchantment then.