test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.10.20131120a.2 Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Audio
  • Many audio updates for additional processing and tweaks for Dread Ring Voice Overs and sounds.
  • Valindra has received an audio pass on her powers for Voice Overs and polish.

Classes and Balance
  • Hunter Ranger powers have received a pass to balance the amount of Action Points gained per enemies hit. Most now generate based on if an enemy was hit, not how many were hit. Thorn Strike gains AP for up to 3 enemies hit.
  • Hunter Ranger: Clear the Ground now properly generates Action Points.
  • Hunter Ranger: Oak Skin now shows the amount it heals in the tooltip.
  • Hunter Ranger: Seismic Shot no longer unintentionally goes through walls.
  • Hunter Ranger: Split Shot will now charge to at least 20% instead of allowing it to silently fail if released too quickly.
  • Swordmaster: Weapon Master's Strike can no longer be prematurely cancelled to strike faster than intended.

Collections
  • Sharandar Category: The Sharandar Artifacts collection now has a more appropriate image.

Content and Environment
  • Ambient horses in the Dread Ring are no longer attempting to juggle unsuccessfully.
  • Heart of Dread will now behave like other lair quests and more reliably give you the proper rewards.
  • Many Dread Ring NPCs have received ambience updates such as animations.
  • More accurate quest completion rewards are presented when accepting the Daily Lair Quests in the Dread Ring.
  • Protector's Enclave Shandakul Stables are now showing off new mounts and companions.
  • The Dark Fey enclave will again not put players into combat near the entrance and quest NPCs.
  • The Sphere of Annihilation has received an FX pass to look better and be more obvious it is interactable.
  • The item refinement tutorial quest has received some minor updates for clarification.
  • The Dread Ring Campaign tasks now have Gold and AD costs
  • Terrain and propping updates for Dread Ring maps.
  • Wages of War now handles edge cases better and will always complete when its requirements are met.
  • The Dread Ring Campaign tasks now have Gold and AD costs
  • Terrain and propping updates for Dread Ring maps.

Enemies
  • Jawbone's Swarm of Flies no longer penetrates a Great Weapon Fighter's Unstoppable's CC immunities.
  • Thatan Servitors and Knights have received updated costumes.
  • Valindra has received a costume FX update to make it easier to target enemies near her.
  • Valindra's Wraith Drain FX now displays on low end graphical settings.
  • Valindra: She no longer uses her Phantom Claw attack on players close to her.
  • Valindra: Soul Caskets can now be interacted with from slightly farther away.
  • Zulkir in the Dread Leigion Skirmish has a more visible costume.

Gateway
  • Many updates to the standard and mobile versions of Sword Coast Adventures for layout and compatibility.

Items and Economy
  • Many Dread Ring armors have received updated costumes.
  • Many older sets such as the Fomorian set now have icons for Hunter Ranger versions of the items.
  • May new items introduced in the Dread Ring now have proper icons.

Localization
  • Custom chat channels now better support the use of accented characters.
  • Powers that could sometimes show as untranslated will now more reliably show their translated strings.

Performance and Graphics
  • The Dread Ring has received a large update for the performance on low end graphics settings.

User Interface
  • Campaign Window for the Dread Ring has received minor layout and art adjustments.
  • Collections has received some scoring updates on the items.
  • Collections Window has received minor layout and art adjustments.
  • If the Artifact primary slot is unbound to a key, there will be a tutorial pop up to encourage binding it to a key.
  • In the Change Appearance Window, all dyes held in bags will now display no matter what bag or how many different dyes you have.
  • It is now possible to bind a companion to you if your Active Companion Slots are full and you already have a companion of that type.
  • Item Refinement Window has received minor layout and art adjustments.
  • Item Refinement message "will lose reagents" has changed to " required reagents will be consumed" for better clarity when attempting to increase the quality of an item.
  • Items that do no bind use much less empty space in the tooltips now.
  • The Power context menu to swap powers has received an updated layout to make it look more like you can press a key to bind that power.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    This is currently scheduled to go to Preview around 6PM PST. Have a good weekend!

Also of note we have an internal update to the Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation as outlined in the other thread about that. It just wasn't ready in time for this build. Next week!

UPDATE 11/27/13: These are the omitted patch notes I did not include in these that users helped me identify

Classes and Balance
    • Anointed Champion: Resolved a bug causing the damage immunity buff to last longer than intended.
    • Control Wizard: Tempest Magic Feat now also affects Fire damage.
    • Great Weapon Fighter: Reaping Strike no longer silently fails when it is not charged long enough.
    • Hunter Ranger PvP set descriptions now correctly state it uses Deflect rather than Dodge. This is a text change only."
    • Hunter Ranger PvP set no longer triggers in Protectors Enclave unintentionally.
    • Hunter Ranger: Paragon Path feats and powers now have the special border treatment as other classes do.
    • Hunter Ranger: Cold Steel Hurricane no longer has damage variance.
    • Hunter Ranger: Rain of Arrows now starts dealing damage more quickly.
    • Hunter Ranger: Seismic Shot has a slightly smaller radius.
    • Iron Vanguard: Frontline Surge knockdown effect now better matches the FX that plays.
    • Master of Flame: Fanning the Flame: Smoldering targets are now also damaged when the fire is pulled from them to the primary Fanning the Flame target.
    • Master of Flame: In addition to previous effects, now also grants you up to 3% of your max AP whenever one of your Smoldering targets is killed.
    • Master of Flame: Scorching Burst maximum damage bonus from being fully charged increased by 15%.
    • Master of Flame: Smolder Can now Crit, but changing to Rimefire will reroll crit, as will each application of Chill to refresh Rimefire.
    • Master of Flame: Swath of Destruction: Smoldering targets now take up to 6% more damage from all sources up from 3%.

Content and Environment
    • Blacklake District Sampling Sludge ambushes are not quite as fast and full of grief.
    • Valindra's Tower no longer has a secret room.

Enemies
    • Valindra: Increased health by about 20%
    • Valindra: Phantom Claw will now steadily decrease Action Points on the afflicted player.
    • Valindra: Slightly increased overall damage potential.
    • Valindra: Slightly reduced the amount of time players have to kill the Soul Caskets.
    • Valindra: Trickster Rogue's Vengeance Pursuit can no longer break out of Valindras control powers.

Graphics and Performance
    • The Hunter Ranger Seismic Shot FX should no longer linger forever.

Items and Economy
    • Arcane Coffers: Increased the quality of rewards that can be gained with the various Gauntlets.
    • Cask of Wonders: No longer has a chance to drop Minor Stones of Potency (White), now has a Chance to drop Stones of Potency (Blue). No longer drops Peridots or Aquamarines, now has a chance to drop the Lesser (Green) and normal (Blue) Stones of Power, Stability, and Union.
    • Dread Ring Lairs and Valindra's Tower have had small revisions to their possible drops from the Bosses and final reward chests.
    • Enchantment Shards now provide less base RP when Refining, but have an increased Bonus multiplier when using them to Refine a matching Enchantment, so that the RP they earn is the same.
    • Epic Dungeons now include Refinement Stones in the respective boss drop items.
    • The Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation has returned to the Vault of Piety as a 7 day reward, It now also includes a chance to receive Peridots or Aquamarine Refining Stones. The Cache of Sharandar Treasures has become the 6 day reward.
    • The Turmian weapon set items can now drop in the Dread Legion skirmish.
    • Wards that come from the Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation are now Bind on Account.

User Interface
    • Adjusted art treatment for the Artifact slots in the Character Window
    • Changed the default keybinds for artifact to 3, potions to 4-6, and mount to 7.
    • Many updated icons for Hunter Ranger, Companions, Quest and Campaign items and more!
    • The Active Companions buff icon near the character portrait was moved slightly to better reflect that it is a buff and now disappears if there are no bonuses being applied.
    • There is no longer a Zen icon on unlockable races in the character creation window as these are not purchasable through the Zen Market.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Will this fix the seismic shot daily bug also the half elf racial dose not add a atribute point to the HR class
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    Will this fix the seismic shot daily bug also the half elf racial dose not add a atribute point to the HR class

When I did some testing of this, it seemed that the Half Elf racial wasn't adding an attribute point for any class, not just HR.
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    When I did some testing of this, it seemed that the Half Elf racial wasn't adding an attribute point for any class, not just HR.

oh then it must be broken on preview then also Cold steel hurricane dose not do alot of dmg it needs to be bumped up a bit. And constricting shot is missing its melee version.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We need Seismic shock bug fixed. Otherwise when this goes Live. The forums will be flooded with complaints about the game being unplayable.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Items and Economy
    • Many Dread Ring armors have received updated costumes.
    • Many older sets such as the Fomorian set now have icons for Hunter Ranger versions of the items.
    • May new items introduced in the Dread Ring now have proper icons.

Hoping to log in and find Dread Legion armor and Fallen Dragon weapon sets for DCs miraculously updated with useful stats as well ;)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?528721-DC-Dread-Legion-Equipment-Suggestion-to-Rework-Stats

Since it wasn't specifically mentioned, I'm guessing that the actual stats have not been adjusted. Please consider reviewing these sets, because most DCs (at least those who understand how the stats work in actual play) are far from excited about yet another Armor Pen + Life Steal set.

Otherwise looks like a great patch with a lot of potential fixes, so thank you for that.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Are the Control wizard master of flame changes that Lordgallen told us about being added in this patch ?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?516621-Cryptic-OFFICIAL-Feedback-Thread-Control-Wizard-Master-of-Flame-Paragon-Path&p=6573161&viewfull=1#post6573161
    lordgallen wrote: »
    So as a general heads up, Master of Flame is getting more buffs.

One of the more notable ones is that Smolder will Crit. Should note that changing it to Rime Fire, or refreshing Rimefire will reroll said crit.
  • blackstar1988blackstar1988 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    when is maintenance over?
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "Swordmaster: Weapon Master's Strike can no longer be prematurely cancelled to strike faster than intended."

I do not object to the change itself - both for aesthetics and for excessive damage - since a specific change to compensate for this nerf that goes beyond what is proposed. the reason explained here:http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?516701-Cryptic-OFFICIAL-Feedback-Thread-Great-Weapon-Fighter-Iron-Vanguard-Paragon-Path/page13

good, I was so happy with the changes in the class and the release date of the module 2 that I recorded the following video (It's silly, but it amused me ... heheh): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn6BLFZM6DU

please give me reasons to record others, and not to spend whatever how many months more complaining about the class.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Looks like the calendar was updated.

0SD6N8T.png
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013

0SD6N8T.png

Does it give any clue as to whether the Christmas event will be on a dedicated map similar to midsummer .
  • dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My husband had a artifact from the quest in his primary slot , the next day it was gone it was the Waters of Elah'zad if i remember well
  • yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    This is currently scheduled to go to Preview around 6PM PST. Have a good weekend!

Also of note we have an internal update to the Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation as outlined in the other thread about that. It just wasn't ready in time for this build. Next week!

What modifications gonna be made for the coffers?
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013

0SD6N8T.png

This makes me sooooo happy. Will there be light-hearted snowball PvP? Will there be seasonally appropriate fashion gear and dyepacks? Maybe a polar bear companion? I'm looking forward to this one. :D
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • lethehevnlethehevn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    GWF just got a better at will from iron vanguard tree they get buffed in module two and yet you want to hang on to a at will that was ****ty from the get go.

Comparing (the only) a spammable At-will with debuffing paragon talents, wide arc aoe, animation cancelling, the best aoe damaging ability of the class to a slow animation gap closer with low damage and situational.

Way to go.

On pts, same gear, was hitting WMS between 1700 and 2500 while debuffing, wicked strike between 2100 and 6500, threatening rush between 700 and 900 while applying weak mark. Did I mention WMS was benifiting from anim cancelling too ?

It's not only not comparable in damage, utility, role nor efficiency.

For pvp, yeah, I reckon, TR could be a nice little gap closer, to free an encounter slot from any gapcloser you had there...

We can also have the new enounter from the GF that makes you hold a shiny shield while you're dual wielding because, well because the animations of the imaginatively traded powers are not adapted to the other class.

:x
    edited November 2013
    lol

Yeah, if by "****ty" you mean "the one with the highest DPS". Idiot.

GF ap from frontline got put in line because of the switch also you guys get a buff compared to what we get with the ****ty swordmaster path you guys got one of our best at wills encounters and Daily power along with 2 of our best class feats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Swordmaster: Weapon Master's Strike can no longer be prematurely cancelled to strike faster than intended.
    Haha thank god i dont play PVE anymore xD
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Funny I never canceled it prematurely...guess I'll keep being happy in my blissful ignorance of the exploit that is going away and keeping doing satisfactory dps with my GWF.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • bambucha1988bambucha1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Split the sky feats dosen't work !!! Great patch :]
  • pkdeadly1pkdeadly1 Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2013
    Swordmaster: Weapon Master's Strike can no longer be prematurely cancelled to strike faster than intended.

also is there chance gwf can get bit more dps now this is fixed the amount dps gained in patch is not that much

also can you plz look giving gwf tank abilitys more threat its still to low.

as a full tank gear tank spec
    you would think full tank toon end game gear could hold agro of any one in same gear level and add a taunt effect to darling shout or something not like its going break the game a tank build toon having taunt is not game breaking
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *scans for Foundry patches*

*sniff*

*walks away dejectedly, muttering "
    We are Author...you will be assimilated"*

:p
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    *scans for Foundry patches*

*sniff*

*walks away dejectedly, muttering "
    We are Author...you will be assimilated"*

:p

Wrong patch notes. These patch notes should be locked.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Changing the potion and mount keybinds to accommodate artifacts is gonna be an adjustment. Why couldn't the default key for the artifact have been made 7 instead of bumping everything else over?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pkdeadly1 wrote: »

also is there chance gwf can get bit more dps now this is fixed the amount dps gained in patch is not that much

also can you plz look giving gwf tank abilitys more threat its still to low.

as a full tank gear tank spec
    you would think full tank toon end game gear could hold agro of any one in same gear level and add a taunt effect to darling shout or something not like its going break the game a tank build toon having taunt is not game breaking

This does not apply to the destroyer. gwf / destroyer not only lose dps, as will be the weakest path.

He earns bonus critical damage - shareable with other ways - but it's the only one who does not receive any increase in critical chance. And with worsened wms, will be difficult to accumulate stacks quickly "weapon master".

the class is completely reversed now. And hope you do not give any "secret bonus" that can be drawn between a patch and another.

ps: I do not know why, but I have the impression that "Live"'m taking MUCH less critical than I should.
  • danielhoglandanielhoglan Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bad news about Coalescent Wards binds on account. Now people who have a life can't buy this item from AH or other persons for gold or any other stuff :(((
    Please stop trasmuting this game only for hardcore players
    edited November 2013
    Bad news about Coalescent Wards binds on account. Now people who have a life can't buy this item from AH or other persons for gold or any other stuff :(((
    Please stop trasmuting this game only for hardcore players

Only the ones from the coffers will be BtA and only ones that come out of post-mod 2 coffers.
  • guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Changing the potion and mount keybinds to accommodate artifacts is gonna be an adjustment. Why couldn't the default key for the artifact have been made 7 instead of bumping everything else over?

I was actually wondering the same thing, i know its not something big but kinda odd.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Just played through the new starter quests and was very sad at how short they are. It went from being a sewer where the rats that made their home to a corridor where some rats happened to be. no large rooms, no real paths to explore and they removed the only puzzle.

Made me very sad to play through it. I had fond memories of looking around in the old one. It took a little while but it was not THAT long a quest. Changed it from a 20 minute run to a 5 minute run.

I also found the adding of the artifact at key-bind 3 to be bad. Its something you are not going to be given until level 21 and you are making it key-bind 3? When you get a mount its added at 6, the artifact should really have been added at 7.

Guess when I make my ranger I'll blow through the first couple of quests and try not to think about them. All sense of atmosphere is gone from them. You might as well have just given us a hall with a room at the end for all the interest they generate now.

It was also a nice touch being honored for being a hero of the bridge battle. Now we get sent to look at the city instead.

I don't understand the need to remove one short quest just to add another.
This discussion has been closed.