test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plea to make companions account bound

skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just wish to make a final plea to the devs that companions should at least be bound to account (at least the ones that are not already account bound so every character has that companion, like the panther or the dire wolf). For better or worse I have paid for companions that I thought were cool, but now they are scattered across different characters that may not have a use for their passive abilities.

I simply will not pay for another companion until I can utilize and mix and match the ones I have paid for.

I feel penalized for investing in this company. Had I have simply waited and not paid anything I could now spend the money and give the companions that I feel are best suited to the passive abilities.

Please make this happen so that I can use what I paid for in an effective manner.
Post edited by skarlspeed on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    DITTO.

My argument to Cryptic:

Same pricing for account-bound companions.

-*OR*-

Lower pricing for character-bound companions
    Say: 2000 Zen for PURPLE,
    1500: Blue,
    1000: Green;
    because that's all they're worth when you get down to it, based on how useful they actually are.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree. there are couple of ways to do this.

1. Upon equip, the companion is account bound. You can trade your companion between YOUR characters via account bank box.
    2. upon purchase, the companion can be redeem by any current and future characters (like packs) BUT they are not tradable (system already in place)
    3. un-enhanced companion is tradable (this can promote more use of refine) you have to ungem your companion and then it is tradable.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    I agree. there are couple of ways to do this.

1. Upon equip, the companion is account bound. You can trade your companion between YOUR characters via account bank box.
    2. upon purchase, the companion can be redeem by any current and future characters (like packs) BUT they are not tradable (system already in place)

+1 to either of these
    sasheria wrote: »
    3. un-enhanced companion is tradable (this can promote more use of refine) you have to ungem your companion and then it is tradable.

I don't think this one really works because you could just unslot enchants mail the companion and enchants separately and then just reslot them on the new character.
    21.jpg
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zen store companion purchase should add that companion for all existing and future characters, only exception could be stone, though they could add acc wide stone at 2x price, since stone is only pet worth that price

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any non augment companion should be account wide imo.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I support this only prob were would you classify companions like lilend or how ever ya spell it the healer one that's not available in the store.
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • damsel1988damsel1988 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree totally but it will never happen. Note this: this game was not made for our pleasure, this game is a business and business are there to make money. If you buy a Porsche it was not built for you to enjoy it. It was build for the money they can make with it.

Currently the business with companion is good money for the producers. Just like the black forest lockboxes. Why do people buy keys? they want the PURPLE things that are in it, namely companions or mounts. If they go across all characters, soooooo much less money for the devs.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I support this only prob were would you classify companions like lilend or how ever ya spell it the healer one that's not available in the store.

Handle it exactly like mounts. Bought with game currency or a drop from an event or container? Single character, and tradeable if not bound.

Zen store? Account-wide and always BoP.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    damsel1988 wrote: »
    I agree totally but it will never happen. Note this: this game was not made for our pleasure, this game is a business and business are there to make money. If you buy a Porsche it was not built for you to enjoy it. It was build for the money they can make with it.

Currently the business with companion is good money for the producers. Just like the black forest lockboxes. Why do people buy keys? they want the PURPLE things that are in it, namely companions or mounts. If they go across all characters, soooooo much less money for the devs.

With a polling of forum users, the vast majority said they would not be buying Zen-store companions at all, ever, at the current pricing. If they were account-unlocks, the value would be sufficient to consider it, or a major slash to pricing if left as single-character.

I know some people buy some of these things because I see them around, but the lost sales due to value perception are not insignificant.

Edit:
    Additionally, many Zen-store companions were bought when the game still indicated that unbinding them would be an option for future use. With the backpeddle on unbinding, people became even less willing to spend actual money on companions.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Edit:
    Additionally, many Zen-store companions were bought when the game still indicated that unbinding them would be an option for future use. With the backpeddle on unbinding, people became even less willing to spend actual money on companions.

THIS,

It became a bait-and-switch after the fact.
    I bought ONE companion for this reason. Since the change in policy I have not and will never purchase another at current binding/pricing. Sure, it's about business and making a profit, except with all thing digital all profit is 100% once the R&D and build-effort are paid-for.

It costs *nothing* to Cryptic/PWE to even just give these things away. So how does it hurt them if they made Z-Store companions account-bound -OR- lowered their pricing? It doesn't. However, the potential for exponentially-increased sales is a far lesser risk than some might think.

Oh, well. I'll hold onto my money (Mounts and consumables, that's it. And I already have more mounts than I need, so the only thing left are consumables. I'd buy companions if they made the requested changes.)
  • indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited November 2013

That's me, stuck with an Ioun Stone on a character I don't play that hasn't been deleted only because it has that ioun stone on it. Didn't like what I did with my first CW and planned to transfer the stone when I made a new one with a new race. After getting burned on that coming soon becoming a non-feature, I stopped spending in the zen store aside from what I can get through crystal conversion.

Doesn't help that the Zen store doesn't contain micro-transactions. Prices are so high for such small things, and while I can afford it (bought hero of the north and a feywild pack), I'm practical and have a problem with getting low value for my dollar. If things were cheaper, I'd have spent more real money (not AD) there.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's exactly it. I could buy anything I wanted in the store for cash and not even notice the difference in my bank account. The reason I don't is perceived value. Companions need to be half the cost as is or account bound if I'm going to spend money on them. I'm not in the habit of throwing money away or buying things that I believe are over priced. I have spent money on the game as I am always supportive of games I enjoy but I will no longer use cash for the zen store. I will with all my future characters grind for a few weeks and use AD conversion to get Stone, character slots, companion active slots and health stones.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• wizardman09wizardman09 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They need to be account wide not account bound.
  • vascodergamervascodergamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If the companions from the zen store would work the same as the mounts, I would buy a lot of them just for the fun to have them on every char. But at the current price (10 or 15$ for a green character bound companion) they are a no-go except the Ioun Stone which is a must-have. They should make the companions all purple and sell the for 1000 zen character bound or 2000 zen account wide.
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited November 2013
    you have my vote +1
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited November 2013
    if they lower the price on many others and make some stuff account bound they could make more money alsway getting greedy result in nothing