test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Guard: One time code not recieved

simcubsimcub Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I haven't received any such code. I have checked the registered email is correct. Anyone else with this problem?
Post edited by simcub on

Comments

• wuulf86wuulf86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah a bunch from what I been reading. Im in the same boat kinda but I finally got the one time code after an hour plus but it didnt work lol. Read on support that if you delete your cookies ACCOUNT GUARD will send you another One Time Code Email. I got a second one time code and that didnt work either. Sucks...
  • roguedaggersroguedaggers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It says they sent a code to my e-mail.
    They did not
  • sedrielsedriel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I too am having this issue. No e-mail yet and its been hours. Kind of irritating, it's eating into the beta weekend and wasting time.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for your posts! If you're having authentication/one-time code issues, please look here first: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?71031-One-time-Code-or-Authentication-issues-Read-this-first!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • lordsmoke74lordsmoke74 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Thanks for your posts! If you're having authentication/one-time code issues, please look here first: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?71031-One-time-Code-or-Authentication-issues-Read-this-first!
    You PW guys keep pointing people to that read this first link and nothing in there is working for anyone! I've been reading this scince I got home from work and tried to log into the game. NONE of that stuff in your link works and to make things even more ***** The contact us link on the support page is timing out and not being able to be shown even after reboots and cookie deleting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is done. So I an't even get the number to call support!!
    How about a link for a refund page for the founders pack I bought or at the very least a better response than the copy paste job you PW guys seem to be doing on the different forums about the same problem.
  • vulpecusvulpecus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yep nothing is working...spent 200 bucks for frustration...very disappointing. After emailing, trying the wonderfully unworkable cryptic pass code it now tells me "Too many attempts, try later"

Thanks for wasting 2 hrs of my life as well!
  • lordsmoke74lordsmoke74 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Was able to opt out of the lame account gaurd. Have to log into STO or CO account...NW account page does not have to account gaurd manage option. once there I just cliked account gaurd manage link and got the email instantly put it in and activated the account gaurd options page. From there just choose disable option. Hope it works for all. see you in game. IN game nmae Darkmedic Devoted cleric!
  • vulpecusvulpecus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm still having issues, Cryptic doesn't recognize my PW account id......
  • consullegioxixconsullegioxix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What I love is the fact that I have been sent 14 "No-Reply" messages, with about 6 different codes. problem is, now I am locked out! Oh, and the link on the email they sent goes to a Star Trek game.... ridiculous.
  • neverhero77neverhero77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I havent got the code email, please help!
  • overclocked1overclocked1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    send me one of those codes? pleeeeease
  • mozartprado2mozartprado2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem, no code. Any idea how to fix it?
  • vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I saw this coming sad to say I have been dealing with PWE in the past and they are what made me cringe when I heard they were doing this game too. Main reason I quit all other games they run and seems they just drove over this one with the FK YOU truck as well.
  • ladonna2013ladonna2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    simcub wrote: »
    I haven't received any such code. I have checked the registered email is correct. Anyone else with this problem?

Yes! same problem here! :-( both of my accounts. one has a gmail address and one has a hotmail address. no codes received. it's been at least 6 hours. guessing they will not be showing up.
  • muaazgmuaazg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if any one know how to get the code pls pls tell me !!!!!!!!!!
  • strausswizardstrausswizard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes! same problem here! :-( both of my accounts. one has a gmail address and one has a hotmail address. no codes received. it's been at least 6 hours. guessing they will not be showing up.

Same here too.

No sign of the confirmartion e-mail or the one-time code on my hotmail inbox (or spam) for 2 long days (at least 24 hours).

I hope they give me an aswer today, so i can play during the weekend.
  • tinysnipertinysniper Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is isn't working for all games. It is PW itself.
  • tinysnipertinysniper Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just found out. Instead of typing your username, type your email. Tell me if it works
  • yipuskayipuska Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    **** i lost my acc for this fu.cking One time code pls fix it ro DELETE :((((((( were can i find one time code? i dont have anything in my mail :|
  • sallomansalloman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    can you give me one?
  • seskeeseskee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cmon , spended so much money for my account, now lost because there is fcking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> idiot one time code. How to get the fcking code.?
  • kalipou77kalipou77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Issue STILL around.

How do you want people to take your game seriously when this kid of bug is still here. If your security system isn't ready then you just don't fkin release it...
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having this issue today, with a computer and browser that have been working until today. Nothing has changed, except for something on the Cryptic/PWE end. Please fix this.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same for me. No one-time code.
  • wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2013
    No one time code, never cleared the cache on a new install I've been using for over a month. :/

Guess I will give it 24 hours and see if one of the 2 emails I requested shows up. It is possible that they are being blacklisted, but guess we'll see.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's been going slow today for me as well. I've gotten mine though, just recently, so that I could log onto my gateway.
    contents to be decided
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still happening with me too. No error, but no e-mail with the code.
  • smartcheetahsmartcheetah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem. I'm totally new to the game, didn't even have a chance to log in into the game to test it. This kind of troubles are kinda repelling right at the start. I guess I'm taking my toys, time and money somewhere else :)
  • kyrelenkyrelen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem. I'm totally new to the game, didn't even have a chance to log in into the game to test it. This kind of troubles are kinda repelling right at the start. I guess I'm taking my toys, time and money somewhere else :)

Setting up a new virtual machine with it on; so I already know what to expect, but no sign of an email today!

Can someone tell us what's going on?
  • darliraadarliraa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having the same problem on my gaming computer, which is the one I use for the gateway. No 'one time code' email for the gateway received as yet, after nearly an hour, instead of the usual about 30 seconds in the past.

Did some checking on the other computer (for emails etc) I tried to access the gateway on with the email that did arrive about a day late.

latest mail header:-
    Received: from mail2.crypticstudios.com (HELO mail1.crypticstudios.com) ([208.95.185.142])
    by ipmailmx05.adl6.internode.on.net with ESMTP; 20 Nov 2013 05:57:34 +1030
    Received: from bos1r5web04.crypticdc.com (bos1r5web04.crypticdc.com [172.20.1.118])
    by mail1.crypticstudios.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 738B65D982D6
    for <user@internode.on.net>; Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:49:55 -0800 (PST)

previous mail header:-
    Received: from mail1.crypticstudios.com (HELO mail2.crypticstudios.com) ([208.95.185.136])
    by ipmailmx06.adl6.internode.on.net with ESMTP; 25 Oct 2013 19:01:16 +1030
    Received: from bos1r5web04.crypticdc.com (bos1r5web04.crypticdc.com [172.20.1.118])
    by mail2.crypticstudios.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8F9CD1060041
    for <user@internode.on.net>; Fri, 25 Oct 2013 04:31:13 -0400 (EDT)

Please note the dates between the 2. The second has the 25th in both times, which was the fast one. The 2nd has 2 different dates 20th and 18th. I'd suggest that Cryptic check the days/dates for the systems involved, as it appears they DO NOT MATCH and one is holding the emails over. Oh and user is what I changed my ISP username to.
This discussion has been closed.