test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.10.20131112a.5 Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Addressed a portion of new characters being created ending up on the Foundry servers away from the rest of the player population.

Classes and Balance
  • Trickster Rogue: Stealth meter will no longer stop regenerating when stunned upon entering stealth in rare instances.
  • Hunter Ranger: Rapid Shot/Rapid Strike now properly switches the UI overlay to denote ranged vs melee versions.

Content and Environment
  • Item Refinement tutorial has received some additional substeps and clarification.
  • Valindra's Tower has received minor encounter placement and collision fixes.

Enemies
  • Jawbone's Swarm of Flies attack now properly damages a Guardian Fighters shield.

Gateway
  • Sword Coast Adventures: Many companions below rank 25 have slightly better dice progression.
  • Sword Coast Adventures: Minor text and image updates to many of the encounters and locations.

Items and Economy
  • Hunter Ranger bows and blades may no longer be transmuted into each other.

User Interface
  • Collections have received updates for Sword Coast Adventures and other minor text fixes.
  • Item Refinement: Minor art treatment updates to make it 20% cooler.
  • Item Refinement: The time items can be slotted again after a refinement has been made has been reduced for faster and more responsive mass refinement.
  • Item refinement: Refinement XP bars in the inventory have been adjusted so there is less overlap and fits better in more cases.
  • Items with usable powers now show cooldowns while in the inventory as well as slotted.
  • Powers window now supports right clicking a power to prompt a context menu to quickly slot powers.
  • Upgrading an Artifact will now grant the appropriate Collections update.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    This will be updated to Preview within a few hours or so.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since you are addressing GF block meter: Mobile Psi Crystals (and immobile ones) do not damage it either
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still no love for the HR ranged skills.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So how many undocumented changes will there be?

Given Seismic Shot's vfx bugs and destroys playability of zones and no change/fix is listed (I mean just remove the VFX for the moment at least).

There is massive amounts of feedback that GF and CW paragon paths are under performing and HR has gone from too powerful to too weak and no points about changes to damage etc.

Guess we'll have to see.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    So how many undocumented changes will there be?

Given Seismic Shot's vfx bugs and destroys playability of zones and no change/fix is listed (I mean just remove the VFX for the moment at least).

There is massive amounts of feedback that GF and CW paragon paths are under performing and HR has gone from too powerful to too weak and no points about changes to damage etc.

Guess we'll have to see.

This too powerful only came from lvl 10-20 ranger and split the sky!
    Even befor the nerfs ranger at 60 was never over the top.
    edited November 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    This too powerful only came from lvl 10-20 ranger and split the sky!
    Even befor the nerfs ranger at 60 was never over the top.

When in level 30-40 I could do with an At-Will what I could do with a Divinity/Tab charged encounter with DC/CW at the same level the HR's at-wills were too powerful. The problem remains that the Encounters and At-Wills were both nerfed in sequence leaving the class now underpowered, put the Encounters back up in power and the issue should resolve itself.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • warzogwarzog Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013

I agree, those vfx bugs make testing very difficult.
    When in level 30-40 I could do with an At-Will what I could do with a Divinity/Tab charged encounter with DC/CW at the same level the HR's at-wills were too powerful. The problem remains that the Encounters and At-Wills were both nerfed in sequence leaving the class now underpowered, put the Encounters back up in power and the issue should resolve itself.

This debate belongs in the HR's feedback page, not here.
    Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!!!
    (Where's a Miniature Giant Space Hamster when you need one?)
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Still no love for the HR ranged skills.

Regrettably, I saw this coming. I bet they don't want the Ranged DPS to be anywhere near a CW, and the Melee DPS to be anywhere near a TR. So the HR will be shafted. I'd assume that by launch, it will have a DPS difference of about 70% between the CW and TR.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Constricting Arrow is still missing its melee option. Worse, if you try to use it in melee instead of doing nothing it will force you back into ranged stance.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    • Sword Coast Adventures: Many companions below rank 25 have slightly better dice progression.
    All five of my rank 15 companions had their dice reduced from 2 favors (6-sided) to 1 favor and 1 token (4-sided). Better progression evidently doesn't mean better dice.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • icewingcaticewingcat Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can we have the characters created on the Foundary servers moved to Mimic.

Thanks.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Right now the Buffing aspect of rangers needs to be increased The keystone in nature needs to at least increas the number of targets effected by ranger buffs and boost their efectivness of the mentioned skill by 100% or at least 50% Cold steel Hurricane also needs a dmg buff
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valiant4evervaliant4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    • Powers window now supports right clicking a power to prompt a context menu to quickly slot powers.

A nice addition. Thank You.

However it still means we need to continue using "the force" mid boss fight to evade whilst changing powers. Would be good to see power changes directly from the toolbar (right click on power on toolbar to bring up a list of powers which can be slotted there).

This would be even quicker and give maximum visibility of the battle whilst changing powers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eaglestar55eaglestar55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've got a question about something I've seen. Does anyone know what the "Green Fountains" are? They are randomly spotted spewing rocks and stuff with "Green Energy" shooting out of the ground.

Just curious and wondered what their purpose was.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've got a question about something I've seen. Does anyone know what the "Green Fountains" are? They are randomly spotted spewing rocks and stuff with "Green Energy" shooting out of the ground.

Just curious and wondered what their purpose was.

Ranger droppings. That's how you can track that a ranger has been in the area.

...it's some kind of left over effect - I think from one of their dailies. a bug.
  • trampsvktrampsvk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, it is rangers daily called Seismic shot ... and it is annoying bug causing some maps be laggy like hell ...
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [*]Powers window now supports right clicking a power to prompt a context menu to quickly slot powers.

Has anybody tried this yet? how do you tell it what skill you want to swap out?

This would be my ideal solution to skill swapping -
    A nice addition. Thank You.

However it still means we need to continue using "the force" mid boss fight to evade whilst changing powers. Would be good to see power changes directly from the toolbar (right click on power on toolbar to bring up a list of powers which can be slotted there).

This would be even quicker and give maximum visibility of the battle whilst changing powers.
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Has anybody tried this yet? how do you tell it what skill you want to swap out?

You right-click on the skill and tell it what position you want it slotted into.
    TNPGDvZ.png
    edited November 2013
    Not sure if this is a bug, but I no longer receive the Knight of the Feywild email on the Preview server though I did before the last patch.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    You right-click on the skill and tell it what position you want it slotted into.
    TNPGDvZ.png

Oh sweet , that's perfect , thanks very much for posting the SS .
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013

I am excited as well. I have wanted this for so long.
  • icewingcaticewingcat Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you look on the character select screen, it lists the shard you are on. Most preview characters are on Mimic, but due to a bug, which they fixed with this patch, some characters got created on the Xorn shard. A similar bug happened in live, which was why there were two patches in one day last week.

I'm hoping they will get around to moving these characters to the correct shards soon.
  • arandomusername1arandomusername1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013

will there be away to macro/key bind this?
    edited November 2013

Really? Like this?? :confused:

So, somebody actually decided that...

ALT, P, scroll powers window to find the one you want, move mouse to power, right-click, move mouse down menu and click selected slot desired.

...was drastically different than...

ALT, P, scroll powers window to find the one you want, move mouse to power, hold-left-click, drag mouse down and release in selected slot desired.

...and this was chosen over...

ALT, right-click on desired slot, move mouse in menu to desired available power, click.

Maybe Cryptic should query users more on such decisions.
  • lethehevnlethehevn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Maybe Cryptic should query users more on such decisions.

Well, they opened a bunch of feedback threads but, little to no answer, some posts are really without any return feedback from the devs, patchnotes after patchnotes on the PTR are/seem empty or without any correlation with some of the concerns.

Just take a look on the CW, HR, GWF thread.

Dear devs, there are here a bunch of passionate, fidel, veteran and imaginative people, players or enthusiasts. You can ASK something, communicate, debate instead of letting those of us willing to help rotting on threads feeding you ideas you could implement instead of being forced to discover again and again that you changed anything needed and test some new things without a word of explanation. Removal of the Coal boxes each week? Better let the communauty ponder of your sanity instead of saying 'Well, it's a test/error, we appreciate your feedback, don't worry" or something along the lines.

Giving feedback to you devs is really feeling/seeming like pissing in a violin. Why on earth would you neglect precious, so precious feedback. It's discourageing to even participate. Pull yourselves together and INTERACT for a change.

As for the exemple: Sooo, I can put my chillstrike on encounter 1, 2 or 3 (QWE). That's so nice, I wanted to TAB it.

Just, stop wasting your time, if you don't have a clue, just ask. "Howdy, we are currently looking for some feedback on how we could do a system to quicken the change of encounter powers on ones bar. Here are our ideas so far [blabla tests and ideas]. What's yours?"

See?

Let us feel useful for a change, you can benefit greatly from that.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Thank you very much for getting this in the game. I know alot of people have been asking for something like this.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wouldn't it have been better to put the right-clicking option on the slot itself and bring up a full list (don't need to put the descriptions/images, just put the names to save space) of encounters/dailies/passives that you put points in relative to the slot? With this update, you could save not even a second depending on how fast you move your mouse to drag. It really doesn't seem that much of an improvement, honestly.

I like that Cryptic is trying to make it easier, but this just doesn't seem to be any major time saver... At the moment, it takes me 5-15 seconds to swap my rotation since my mouse's wheel is currently broken so i actually have to drag the bar to move it down. Now, it will still take about 5-15 seconds but slightly less mouse movement.
  • xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Wouldn't it have been better to put the right-clicking option on the slot itself and bring up a full list (don't need to put the descriptions/images, just put the names to save space) of encounters/dailies/passives that you put points in relative to the slot? With this update, you could save not even a second depending on how fast you move your mouse to drag. It really doesn't seem that much of an improvement, honestly.

I like that Cryptic is trying to make it easier, but this just doesn't seem to be any major time saver... At the moment, it takes me 5-15 seconds to swap my rotation since my mouse's wheel is currently broken so i actually have to drag the bar to move it down. Now, it will still take about 5-15 seconds but slightly less mouse movement.

Eh its good enough for me.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am not sure when this happened but the thayan encounter (Including summoning portals!) got added to the foundry, you may want to put new foundry encounters in the release notes next time. Also, can we have the other player classes as encounters please? We don't have rogue, great weapon fighter, and now, hunter ranger in the adventurer encounters section. (I still don't get why we need two guardian fighters.)
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited November 2013
    ... foundry ... release notes ...

Bwahahaha. roflmao. Foundry release notes. sigh. you kill me.
This discussion has been closed.