test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crafting Request: x3 Button

degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Dear Cryptic,

I'd like to suggest that you add a x3 button to your crafting skills. Although I fully admit to simply being lazy, it does get a bit annoying setting up the same crafting skills again and again and again.

Thanks, Trace
PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
Post edited by degraafination on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Awesome suggestion!
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    This would be convenient indeed, especially when I'm setting tasks on my phone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    +1

And we also need a button for assigning 9 same tasks at a time.

Material-gathering tasks take only 10-15 minutes. Performing so many clicks for 9 slots every 10-15 minutes is tiresome.
  • Options
    serengettiserengetti Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    We need a button for assigning 9 same tasks at a time.

Material-gathering tasks take only 10-15 minutes. Performing so many clicks for 9 slots every 10-15 minutes is tiresome.

You can only simultaneously assign the same task three times, except for hiring proffession workers.

So, a x3 button would be the ideal solution and has my support.
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    u can add more than 3 of the same gathering task

• Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    +1

Have a button assign the maximum number concurrent tasks. Leave it to Cryptic to code where there is a limit of 3 or where there are not enough mats or impose whatever limit makes it achievable. We can't do it all for them.:p
  • Options
    omuhaoomuhao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I +1 this there should at least be a x3 Task button.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    banaanc wrote: »
    u can add more than 3 of the same gathering task
    Yeah, gathering tasks have no 3-same-tasks limit.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Glad to see this finally got a little attention. Of course there could be many ways to format this, but perhaps a x3 button and an "All" button (for gathering skills) could be a good start.

Anything to simplify and speed up the process.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    serengettiserengetti Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, gathering tasks have no 3-same-tasks limit.

Ah, I didn't know that.

I don't bother with any profession except leadership. :P
  • Options
    agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wish could mark some tasks with 'favourite' making them show up first and some with 'ignore' making them show up last
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It would also be good to have a button to collect results of all completed assignments.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I highly support this. It would be nice to do less click and it would reduce traffic with page load on the server.

I would also like a Collect all button (ianthewizard2012 suggest this)

I would say "assign all" button would be good and the system will assign as much as it allowed (either 3 or no limit)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    ...or perhaps a "duplicate last task" button?

This certainly seems like it should be simple enough.

Set up the job, duplicate it if you can, and if you can not (limit, lack of materials/assets, whatever) then the button would be blacked out.
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Absolutely. Great idea. However, limiting to a 3X button would still speed up the process for the 9 of the same. Already reduces it to 1/3 of the work.

One problem I foresee, is assigning which craftsmen to which task, and how many.

For me, this is not much of a problem, as I general do the "Gather 5" and "Refine 5" tasks, as my time is way too important for me to get more than a couple hours a day on the game, and I try to slip in a Short 15 minute crafting/invocate window in to speed up the process from more than once a day.

Part of this is also due to connectivity issues between here and the servers in outside the country, making gaming impossible between noon and midnight daily, as the available long haul bandwidth is eaten up by the residents of this Country. (Almost 100 million people, and some of the worst infrastructure in the world.) and I cannot log in during this time period, and the lag is horrific even if I do. (I have counted 5 minutes between click and action.)
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this and a collect all tasks button would be nuts
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Really like the suggestions here.

3x ability
    repeat last
    collect all
    Favorites
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    aiausaiaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The [ Easy Button ].
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    there are a couple of threads about this in the gateway section of the preview forums. I hope some get implemented. takes me close to a 1/2 to get through all my toons on my phone.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    takes me close to a 1/2 to get through all my toons on my phone.
    Same on my tablet. Somehow gateway on mobile devices is not as fast as it is on desktop browsers.

Having time-saving buttons would help a lot.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I too like the 3x and the collect all buttons.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed that something like the options mentioned would be helpful. It's very tiresome ranking up most of the professions that have low times. It's great that you can level them to 20 quickly (although their uses aren't great) but it's highly repetitive when you just want to do the same task. It's especially annoying with multiple toons and with weaponsmithing/artificing where even if you have a toon at level 20, you need to redo it because apparently the toon is a greedy sod who gets jealous of the other toons and want's all of the gear to himself.
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep. Nice suggestion.

Here's a trick for those that don't know, tho hard to explain perhaps. If you click on your profession to the left (mailsmithing, leadership, leatherworking etc.) instead of the open slot in the middle, it will take you to the last thing you selected instead of the top where you have to scroll down and re-find the task again. Hope that made sense. This makes things quicker.
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh, my reply above isn't about gateway, but in game crafting. Gateway annoys me. It keeps making me check my e-mail for the ONE TIME code to be sent lol. They can't count.....
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stabbath wrote: »
    Oh, my reply above isn't about gateway, but in game crafting. Gateway annoys me. It keeps making me check my e-mail for the ONE TIME code to be sent lol. They can't count.....

if you dont like the account guard
    To turn off your account guard and avoid this problem all together like i did go to the Champions Online website you can find it under the [all games] dropdown menu at the top of your screen and go to your profile page there also located at the top
    stepone.png
    or use this link Account Page

step2.png

voila! no more annoying emails or codes to put in.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Could we have these buttons implemented? I produce profession components as one of my sources of income, and I use gateway to assign tasks most of the time. Assigning tasks for so many slots one by one every 10 - 15 minutes isn't very fun.

Implementing the suggested helpful buttons would also greatly reduce the times needed to request/send data between players' browsers and the server, and is good for the server's health.
  • Options
    gosuchanggosuchang Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That is why they have the bulk version of the crafting tasks, though they typically take much longer to complete.

Convenience or efficiency? Your choice.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    100% support this idea

./ signed
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    gosuchang2 wrote: »
    That is why they have the bulk version of the crafting tasks, though they typically take much longer to complete.

Convenience or efficiency? Your choice.
    IIUC, the bulk version is for players who are doing other things so they are being away from computers for a long time, such as sleeping or going out. For players who are being able to sit in front of computers playing the game or using gateway, there needs to be a solution.