test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Map editor not working

nymusashinymusashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Foundry
I seem to be having an issue where when I try to drag and drop rooms, the image of the room flashes briefly on click but then disappears and that's all that happens. I'm unable to drag and drop and thus unable to build maps. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know a fix? I'm running XP sp3 on an older but powerful machine... Thanks!
Post edited by nymusashi on

Comments

• masterawolmasterawol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Know issue or at least happens to me a lot. Hit Ctrl-S, this will save the map and then fix the problem or does for me. Usually find if I encounter this bug. I save then quit the editor and NW and start all over again.
  • nymusashinymusashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OK, thank you - will keep trying. I did restart the app and it didn't help but will try a few more times..
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    . . . . . Yeah, this is a strange bug that keeps coming back. Pressting CTRL+S, as Masterawol stated, will temporarily resolve this while also saving the work. There's no need to restart the client or close/open the work as the bug continues to happen no matter what, though sporadically at times and quite frequent in others.
  • nymusashinymusashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OK - thanks - will try that!
  • xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Another issue with the map editor in 2D mode is that objects placed dont sit on the correct coordinates placed in relative to how it looks on the 2D map and 3D. Its always a little off, only showing being at the correct coordinates while editing/manipulating it on the 2D map.