test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeons and Skirmishes?

drizztfohldrizztfohl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
Can we not get into dungeons and skirmishes in the preview shard?
Post edited by drizztfohl on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    drizztfohl wrote: »
    Can we not get into dungeons and skirmishes in the preview shard?

You can. Best to do preformed groups though since very few people will be queueing.
  • drizztfohldrizztfohl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, I have been queuing since the preview started, but have not got invited yet? Is it because there are so few queuing?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That is what I said...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    drizztfohl wrote: »
    Well, I have been queuing since the preview started, but have not got invited yet? Is it because there are so few queuing?

Just queuing probably won't help much. You need to actually talk in chat and look for people to group with, then queue as a premade.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Unless you queue with a full squad, the queue system will be trying to include a GF and DC... which are in even lower supply on Preview than normal (which condition will reprise when the module goes live and everybody rolls a Hunter Ranger.)
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    calorien wrote: »
    Unless you queue with a full squad, the queue system will be trying to include a GF and DC... which are in even lower supply on Preview than normal (which condition will reprise when the module goes live and everybody rolls a Hunter Ranger.)

Just looks for a DC for skirmishes so that is slightly better.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    calorien wrote: »

Sure alot of people will roll a HR when this goes live and when alot of those players can't handle the play style of the HR, they will go back to their old char.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Just looks for a DC for skirmishes so that is slightly better.

Does it? I have found in the course of ordinary adventuring that random skirmish parties would always include both, and wouldn't be formed unless that elusive creature known as the GF was located. One memorable evening in Blacklake, every skirmish party I was put into included the same GF, and I guess everybody queuing had to share him. Had little luck forming premades that night, not many people in the zone at all, and only the one GF from checking all the instances. Not that short on clerics though.

Also, when I have run my own GF, his skirmish queues pop before I can even close the interface after queuing him up. If not required, the queue certainly prefers to include them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited November 2013
    Does it? I have found in the course of ordinary adventuring that random skirmish parties would always include both, and wouldn't be formed unless that elusive creature known as the GF was located. One memorable evening in Blacklake, every skirmish party I was put into included the same GF, and I guess everybody queuing had to share him. Had little luck forming premades that night, not many people in the zone at all, and only the one GF from checking all the instances. Not that short on clerics though.

Also, when I have run my own GF, his skirmish queues pop before I can even close the interface after queuing him up. If not required, the queue certainly prefers to include them.

Sorry, should have been more clear. With module 2, it just looks for a DC for skirmishes.
  • xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I've queued with full groups in pvp and havent gotten a queue pop up ever. In the same time, I've been seeing other people who i wasnt partied with (level 60 ) queuing for pvp.

And other various levels and hadnt gotten one since the preview of module 2 began.

And I'm always queued for everything when on a lower level character.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've gotten into PvP a few times on preview, although it's usually the same crowd each time. Skirmish and dungeons work fine with a premade.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014