test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Having issues with Avast? Look here!

2»

Comments

• prosperitasprosperitas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happend to me aswell last night... very annoying :S
  • kanapedakikanapedaki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks dude ,helped a lot
  • hosavhosav Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So can someone explain to me how a false positive could infect other files on my computer then? I checked before downloading the installer, so the infection appeared after I was told that the installer contained harmful code. So either it must be a false positive that infects other files to turn into malware, or it is actual malware it-self. Why would that otherwise happen? I was looking forward to playing this game but I guess my inner D&D geek won't get that pleasure after all. :'c
  • gblade1970gblade1970 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where do i download the launcher from as i have followed the tips on exclusions but still cannot log. Please help.
  • rl1820rl1820 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im a torm claric'where & how do i get weapon?
  • jack0diamondsjack0diamonds Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've had a problem with Avast and false positives since before about two program updates ago. The problem is with File Shield. A few old programs were moved to virus chest that I never really use so I didn't worry about it too much and reported the false positives. Nothing even came of it though. Then neverwinter launcher was flagged by File Shield yet manual scan shows nothing. Excluding it didn't work. So all I did was change the "Action" File Shield should take when finding a virus from "Move to Chest" to "Ask" and then Avast stopped reporting all my false positives! This program feature has a flaw that for some reason has not been addressed. But this simple work around is much better than excluding a bunch of files.
  • kalikan666kalikan666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the server keeps kicking me out and saying it cant connect every tim i try making a character and it boots me out with my other one in mid game its not my internet i can cruise not a problem wat would it be
  • gunpro11gunpro11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello ! I know this is not right topic . So im getting black screen while im playing neverwinter , its realy great game . But im getting black screen like tons of times . Evrey 5-10mins . I have to restart the game , which is very annoying when u have to do it like 30 times . Which i did . My computer Processor is 1.47 Ghz . but stuff are higher than Minimum System Requirements . So what`s wrong with my game ?
  • keldeoswordsmankeldeoswordsman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank You so much for this it really helped me out a lot.
  • thesoulgod564thesoulgod564 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hey when i play neverwinter i can see it in the taskbar but not in the screen:( how do u fix it?
  • azrael778azrael778 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You are my hero Im so close on giving up... luckily I saw your thread!!!! KUDOS to you!!!!
  • talkmoretalkmore Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I still having problems after following instructions to the edge.

At the arc when trying to log in I get a timed out message, please check your network connection and try again.
    "Trying to update the launcher 5 times and I get the error Unable to establish connection to patch server.

I have no problem surfing through the internet so there is nothing wrong with my connection..
    What's going on?? Yesterday I had no problems logging in what so ever and this is really starting to get on my nerves.. :(
    Pls help!
  • lexusorlexusor Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2013
    ^ Having this problem as well, any way to solve this?
  • luiscabaluiscaba Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hey i have a problem with mi NW I try to start it but a message appear saying trying to update the laucher please be patient and have 21.0 MB donwload and go to 0 and start again from begins help me please