test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Devoted Cleric Anointed Champion Paragon Path

Comments

• zhili666zhili666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can I just point out that Foresight gives 6% DR and when it is feated it gives 5% DEFENCE to all party members not DR. Please don't overstate the feat as it gives false impression to the Devs. Thanks.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    zhili666 wrote: »
    Can I just point out that Foresight gives 6% DR and when it is feated it gives 5% DEFENCE to all party members not DR. Please don't overstate the feat as it gives false impression to the Devs. Thanks.

6% DR is ridiculous! No other Class has such a high advantage. That's 12 AC for NOTHING only a passive slot use. Out of that DC has enough DR increasing powers.
  • docgaussdocgauss Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Atwill Power - Blessing of Battle:
    As pointed out by others, it is really slow to cast (and as a DC I’m pretty used to slow spells) and my feeling is that the buff provided doesn’t change things too much. If only it was a little faster to cast I could think about using it, but right now, I don’t like it that much.

Daily Power - Anointed Army:
    When I read the description I really liked the idea of such a daily, and honestly I found it really nice to use. The downside is that I have to unslot either hallowed ground or divine armor that are far more useful in all situations. Moreover, with this paragon path the DC loses the Hammer of Faith, that is one of the few powers that can do some damage in solo PvE, even if it apparently needed a nerf because it was almost the only DC power capable of dealing some dps.

Class Feature - Anointed Armor:
    This feature could be nice, but it’s a personal buff, while the more powerful foresight is basically a group buff. As a DC I rather prefer to help the party than provide a little buff to myself, especially because I already have high defense and good survivability.

Overall considerations:
    Allow me to say that I’m a D&D player since the “Advanced” D&D was only a concept, and I remember the Cleric as a tough guy using morning stars, flails and other heavy weapons to kick monsters’ a$$es all over the place, while the powers granted to him by the almighty gods help him to keep the party alive and strike hard even when strength and steel weren’t sufficient.
    That being said, sometimes I see the DC in neverwinter as a portable medikit, that heals on demand, maybe granting some debuffs when needed, but with all the “tough guy” part totally forgotten. It would have been great to have a paragon path for some sort of “battle-cleric” and I hope you guys will consider this option for the future.
    Anyway, my complaint here is that since Sharandar every player is highly encouraged to play the campaign (over and over) to get boons and rewards that help him become more powerful. The problem of the DC is that with his ridiculous dps it takes forever to complete the daily quests of Sharandar. Now that the new module is about to be released I’m afraid that the story will repeat itself, and I already feel sick at the thought of that.

Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy playing the DC, it has a unique role, and most of the times the success of a dungeon depends on his powers. I’m only saying that the DC IMHO has a serious issue when soloing contents and I think it’s the only class with this kind of “issue”. It’s like playing with a block of marble: it won’t die if hit, but it won’t do any damage either, all the mobs will just die of boredom, eventually (if the player doesn’t fall asleep first).
    I really hope that you will do something to make the DC life in solo content a little easier and more enjoyable.
    To be honest, I noticed that the mobs in Dread Ring seems to have less HP (or at least they die more quickly) than those of Sharandar, so maybe you are already addressing this situation.
    Another option would be to have a more hybrid DC that can solo content with some dps encounters (other than divine daunting light) but that, for group play, has to switch to “heal-mode” if he wants to be of any help to the party.
  • lordgallenlordgallen Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 91
    edited November 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    Has cleric PvP assists been fixed yet?

Nope, but that will be getting worked on soon.
  • lordgallenlordgallen Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 91
    edited November 2013
    zhili666 wrote: »

There is nothing being overstated. The feat makes people take 5% less damage.
    Some of the tooltips unfortunately mix up synonyms. Defense and Damage Reduction mean very similar things, but are not technically the same.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    docgauss wrote:
    Another option would be to have a more hybrid DC that can solo content with some dps encounters (other than divine daunting light) but that, for group play, has to switch to "heal-mode" if he wants to be of any help to the party.

This is how I play my DC on live with the current paragon path, after a couple of respecs to make playing her solo not excruciatingly painful (Gauntlgrym still hurts badly, though). It seems like the current path, done right, is the hybrid path you're looking for, at least right now. The Anointed Champion path seems to be more team-focused but favors buffing over healing. Just saying.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Anyway, my complaint here is that since Sharandar every player is highly encouraged to play the campaign (over and over) to get boons and rewards that help him become more powerful. The problem of the DC is that with his ridiculous dps it takes forever to complete the daily quests of Sharandar. Now that the new module is about to be released I’m afraid that the story will repeat itself, and I already feel sick at the thought of that.

Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy playing the DC, it has a unique role, and most of the times the success of a dungeon depends on his powers. I’m only saying that the DC IMHO has a serious issue when soloing contents and I think it’s the only class with this kind of “issue”. It’s like playing with a block of marble: it won’t die if hit, but it won’t do any damage either, all the mobs will just die of boredom, eventually (if the player doesn’t fall asleep first).

Soloing content on DC is very doable and very efficient if you are using a viable setup for that purpose.

Divine Glow -> Chains of Blazing Light -> Daunting Light = basically everything dead up to the five target cap, even elites if crit at any point in that rotation.

The mistake many DC players make is thinking that they need to keep their Astral Shield or Forgemaster's to solo efficiently, and it's really just slowing them down. Also, if you really enjoy soloing and/or PvP, consider the Righteous tree for more passive healing and defense. You can take a perfectly viable healing DC, slot DPS powers, and do fine in your solo campaign.

My CW kills fastest, no question about that, but my DC is not far behind. Run right in, lay down the Divine Glow to commence the rotation, rinse and repeat as necessary if dealing with a very large group. The only things you need to pay attention to are maximizing the number of targets hit by your abilities and dodging occasionally to avoid CC abilities that will mess up your tidy flow.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• oxydumoxydum Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    May I ask why are we getting armor penetration in the new sets?
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    oxydum wrote: »
    May I ask why are we getting armor penetration in the new sets?
    There are Clerics, who go down the damage path, and for that you need Armor Penetration.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
    edited November 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    There are Clerics, who go down the damage path, and for that you need Armor Penetration.

Wouldn't it make more sense if the only healing class in the game got new gear for healing? Since sharandar we're losing recovery over armor penetration.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Thing is that it is the 2nd module that grants armor pen on the armor. If anyone wants that he can grind for the Sharandar armor. The new armor should be different to that imho.
  • kazuhiro3kazuhiro3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I very like this class, but unfortunately the new paragon has not given any opportunity for a DPS build. Why not make one healer paragon and another DPS? New DPS set gives incomprehensible for healer second bonus again?
    Why do two branches then, if you can squeeze it all in one Paragon: Confused:
  • nermilznermilz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    I 100% agree, the new paragon seems to be good at first but its rly weak comparing to the old paragon, see as an example of foresight... with feat forsight can buff for 11% DR for all party members while Anointed Armor give a bit more then 1% only to you.... the diference is HUGE.

I must also add that the new at-will seems good but the animation are to **** slow... drop dmg and incrase the animation speed.

I agree with these guys as well. But it seems like you are doing a fix on both of those.

Anointed Army. I think this really needs to have a set timed duration to be competitive with the other dailies. I love the idea of it and it has so much potential, but in it's current state it is definitely too weak to compete. Please make it a set duration.

Exaltation I think it needs a better visual (like healing word) for the player you are targeting. I do believe the cool down should be decreased as well. Otherwise it's a great skill.

Like I said, you are addressing the at-will and Anointed Armor so I hope those get a good change, otherwise I really like the direction the new path is going. Make a few tweaks and it will be fantastic.

P.S.

This forum is for improving the current skills in the anointed path. Not a "Oh I wish DC did more DPS whine thread". I understand that for some of you, this may be a concern, but please put it somewhere more productive or in a different forum post because I don't see that it was any relavence to helping the game designers on feedback for the current path. Just my 2 cents.
  • heraldiosheraldios Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Annointed Army seems fun to use, but is quite lackluster due to the charges being consumed easily. I suggest that each charge should instead be consumed when the holder receives damage that is greater than 50% of their max health in a single attack. (Along the same lines, the first charge can be 50% and subsequent charges would be consumed at lower percentages). The duration also seems a bit short, so an increased in duration would be much appreciated :D
    edited November 2013
    Bug Anointed Army:
    It says that you have greatly increased power. When cast the power stat itself is unchanged though on the character sheet.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Part of the thing with Foresight is that it's associated feat is too good. Feats are generally not intended to double the effectiveness of things, but that's pretty much what it does.

There is a reasonable chance that the feat may get toned down abit to be more in line with other options.
    With that said, Anointed Armor is currently too weak and will also get bumped up a bit to be more comparable.

Its not funny to nerf a good spell just because u want to make a crappy new paragon power looks better. Insted of nerf foresight give Anointed Armor 5% DR (not defence) or something, it wont match foresight but the truth is that Anointed Armor is a permanent buff and foresight need to be renewd every 5-6 secs which is pvp can be tricky.

About the new set i TOTALLY agree, ofc some DC's want to play dps which in my opinion is a waste of time coz all other classes can do MUCH more dps... but still is a player choice. But just because 1% of the DC population want to make dps build it doesnt mean crytic do their newest DC sets with armor penetration and life steal, isnt MC set enough ?? u rly need to make a new one ??? Make it with power, crit, defence and regen/deflection. or make it with less stats but with higher numbers.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In defense of lifesteal and armor pen: DCs can't heal themselves as effectively as they heal others due to Righteousness, and they have to deal damage to rebuild divinity and use their only non-divinity healing at-will (Astral Seal, which effectively gives everyone lifesteal when they attack the sealed target). If you stack enough lifesteal, it will help keep your DC alive when they have to attack by supplementing their self-healing, and armor penetration makes their attacks more effective since they aren't a standard dps class. Survivability matters because you can't heal anybody if you're too busy being dead. My hybrid-spec DC stacks lifesteal, crit, and regen, and her survivability is a lot better than it was before, even when she's the dedicated healer in a dungeon. Swap crit for armor penetration and I'm sure it would also work well.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited November 2013
    Sorry lifesteal is a waste for any DC - he doesn't need that extra healing. Also Armor pen - even with high Armor pen every other DPS class laughs at his DPS, so why waste other much better stats? Point is: This is the second armor in row that comes with those crappyy stats. The Sharandar one is enough, if ppl want DPS that's their armor, no reason to bring another of this kind of armor in the new module again.
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Part of the thing with Foresight is that it's associated feat is too good. Feats are generally not intended to double the effectiveness of things, but that's pretty much what it does.

There is a reasonable chance that the feat may get toned down abit to be more in line with other options.
    With that said, Anointed Armor is currently too weak and will also get bumped up a bit to be more comparable.

My problem with the cleric character is that there is not very many opportunities that you can say this about the cleric. Many feats by other classes give +5%, 10% +15% boosts to spells or effects, or damage totals.

cleric bonuses tend to be along the 0.5, 1, 1.5% boost except for some higher numbers on healing effects. I do realize I am exaggerating a bit, but I am doing this to make a point. Armour penetration working for spells will help a lot. All the other classes have many options for making them viable to do perform in differentways. However, as has been pointed out in this thread, if a cleric doesn't not have foresight, astral shield and daunting light then they can be considered gimping themselves.

things are things that (1) keep you alive, (2) keep others alive and (3) give a chance to help out with occasional damage since it does more than your dailies.

giving lance of faith a 10% damage increase, but only when you don't crit, pales in comparison to what others can get. Why are clerics getting penalized for doing things that are not heal related? A well thought out cleric can do more aoe damage than anyone else, but will only have a slight hold effect, a knockback and a daily that stuns a single target. I realize there are some very tanky cleric builds than can take more damage than a gf, but as soon as the cleric is cc'd it all goes down hill from there.

the armour enhancement giving a cc protection sound like an amazing suggestion and would make a nice alternative to the protection that foresight grants to others. Foresight itself is not the issue but how it can potentially stack with other spells.
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    The new path can be viable with two changes.
    The class power that gives defense to the cleric is just bad. It needs to be a significant increase to defense and deflection for the whole party.
    The encounter ability that heals the dc and one other party member needs to be changed to a party wide heal. Can even be PB like sunburst.
    Without these changes this path is just not competitive with the old path. Foresight is better than both the above abilities combined in their current form.

Lastly, the armor set from ring is awful. They just cookie cutter the stats from all other class armor. Lifesteal and Armpen is fine for every other class but for cleric it needs to be changed to recovery and regen. The effect need to be beefed up also. The heal portion should be at least 2x what it is currently. And leave a buff of 5% damage reduction.
    As it stands Miracle healer is still the best set for healers procing off encounters.
  • equilamequilam Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Clerics fail to heal anybody if they don't have at least a little bit of regeneration.
    Example: I healed a party member (CW) with 0 regeneration usinge all my devine power, I do next to no healing. If the same CW changes his gear with 80 regeneration in total the healing is ok like normal. Please change that, a cleric should be able to heal party members no matter what gear they wear.
  • icebubblezicebubblez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can you post the build you're using equilam? I don't notice similar problems on my cleric
  • icedubbleicedubble Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Regen heals a percentage of hp missing from a player's health bar. Eg if my teammate has 10% regen and his hp was 20000/30000, regen would grant him (30000-20000) x0.1 = 1000hp after 3sec, and (30000-21000) x 0.1 = 900hp after 6 sec. So in effect, as more hp is restored through cleric's heal, less hp will regen. Since with 80regen, that provides less than 1% of missing hp regen over 3 sec, may I trouble you to clarify in what situation would that make notable difference?
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    This is what I would change for this path if I were a Dev trying to make it more appealing:

Encounter: Exaltation – Heals you and your target while buffing attack and defense. Divine mode heals you and allies near your target, also adds brief regeneration to allies and invulnerability to you and target.

Daily: Anointed Army – Area-of-effect damage around caster, and grants multiple blessings to allies that absorb damage and increase power, but are removed each hit. Each blessing that is removed grants brief regeneration and temporary hit points.
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Class Feature: Anointed Action

Does not activate for all Daily Powers. Need to test more extensively, but at the very least it does not work with Flame Strike. Confirmed to work with Anointed Army and Divine Armor. Sorry if this has already been noted; skimmed thread briefly, but didn't notice it being reported.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• equilamequilam Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    icebubblez wrote: »
    Can you post the build you're using equilam? I don't notice similar problems on my cleric

What information shall I give you, exactly? I focused my DC to healing in dungeons. I use a cat and wear the full grand templar set. This brings me to ~11,2k gear score. There is still a little room for improvements in mainhand, offhand and some stones.

As for the feats/ powers/ stats I orientated myself on the divine oracle build by unspecifiederror, for powers using mainly sunburst, astral shield and Bastion of Health or Healing Word with foresight and healer's lore or foresight and holy ferver. Yeah I know the points in cleanse are now worthless, if I respec I will move them, but today I can't see any additional feat that is worth taking it.
    Yesterday we tested this strange healing behaviour with a GWF with 0 regeneration and with 80 regeneration, the same thing hapend like it did with the CW. I can't heal anybody, if they don't wear at least 1 point of regeneration.
    edited November 2013
    Healing is indeed quite unrewarding. I think that's because we have to share the healing output with low cd potions thus we need to have big cds and low numbers for the sake of balance. And because of the astral shield. With the new DC sets having armor pen and life steal, I wonder if they'd want to remove healing all together.

I don't like the synergy of the new path. Exaltation is very situational and only works for certain kind of encounters or party setups. For the most part we'll stick with our old encounters although I do like the temporary hitpoints approach. In PvP it sounds like it could work just fine, but I don't do PvP.
    edited November 2013
    oxydum wrote: »
    Healing is indeed quite unrewarding. I think that's because we have to share the healing output with low cd potions thus we need to have big cds and low numbers for the sake of balance. And because of the astral shield. With the new DC sets having armor pen and life steal, I wonder if they'd want to remove healing all together.

I don't like the synergy of the new path. Exaltation is very situational and only works for certain kind of encounters or party setups. For the most part we'll stick with our old encounters although I do like the temporary hitpoints approach. In PvP it sounds like it could work just fine, but I don't do PvP.

Exaltation is actually quite good, it's just not flashy. The heal is modest and the cooldown on the long side, but the benefits are solid:

- 2 seconds of damage immunity for self and target with Divine mode
    - Added regeneration for self and target from Divine mode
    - 10% additional DR for self and target regardless of casting mode (10 seconds with Feat, IIRC)
    - (10%?) damage buff for self and target
    - 10% buff to Heals with Prestigious Exaltation feat
    - Nearly instant cast

Also, the additional temp HP from the Anointed Holy Symbol class feature synergize beautifully with the Deepstone Blessing feat and are actually enough to be noticeable.

The synergy continues with Blessing of Battle, which grants 6% additional DR to self and nearby allies. Considering that Blessing of Battle's buff should always be active, you're looking at 16% additional DR for self and one ally for the majority of the time and 6% DR + constant temp HP healing for all nearby allies. It's actually fairly impressive and provides a viable alternative to slotting Foresight and spamming Sunburst in the old Paragon path.

My main concern with the new Paragon path is that I'd have some hard choices to make with my power load-out in groups and in PvP. Losing Brand of the Sun also eliminates an easy way to maintain Divine Advantage and passively generate Divinity from quick casts on multiple targets.

As for the new set bonus, I agree that it's very disappointing. Can we please have something useful from a support or PvP perspective, like a Regeneration set?
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited November 2013
    Oh, side note: the same trick that lets players proc Linked Spirit without expending Divinity works with Anointed Holy Symbol as well, though it's a little less significant since Anointed Holy Symbol grants temp HP on all encounter powers, not just direct healing.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• fistiganfistigan Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey where are the power words for the clerics? Sup with that?
This discussion has been closed.