test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devoted Cleric's self healing!

nemus13nemus13 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
I believe, and many clerics believe as well, that the 40% healing reduction on self healing is ridiculous. Some parties often have two clerics in the dungeon. Please consider revising this!
My Astral Shield ticks 367 on me, so without the 40% reduction that would equal about 611.6 healing per tick.
Level 60 GWF / Level 60 DC / Level 60 GF
Post edited by nemus13 on

Comments

• Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I can stand in the middle of swarm of adds and not die on my cleric.

You don't need 2 clerics any where, i have solo healed every single T2, CN and MC so you are clearly doing something wrong.
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    I can stand in the middle of swarm of adds and not die on my cleric.

You don't need 2 clerics any where, i have solo healed every single T2, CN and MC so you are clearly doing something wrong.

yes, it is called being under geared and not being uber. many DC have issues keeping themselves up. You should not apply your experience to the entirety of the class or its balance. I think to say a request to reduce this is not ill-founded. I thought the goal of this reduction was to keep DC from being Uber solo machines, but this is clearly not the case.

I see this as an unnecessary disadvantage and question the justification of it. Imagine that, things are not as PWE thought they would be. We get 3 cw parties or all cw parties, but you never see an all dc party.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Esteem if I get my recording program working I can show you what I'm talking about, and yyrkoon I am a 13k dc don't worry about the exp and 'uberness'
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    And by the way the two clerics is the debuff setup, where neither cleric is full on heals m8 obviously you haven't been in t2s with any smart players...
  • Options
    mour76mour76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The healing from astral shield is not affected by 40% reduction, the heal from FF too, only direct heal powers are affected by 40% reduction (healing word and bastion of healt and some feat), my astral shield tick for 500 but i can't resist a swarm attack of the mobs when they attack me, in one hit they drain 50% or more of healt, you must dodge and run away. the problem is that we don't have alternatives to run away. In malabog castle fomorian attack strike for 8k-10k (4k-5k ranged), lesser adds for 1.5k or more, with astral shield less may be of 30%, but the result is the same, you must dodge, run away to survive. I must combo astral shield and FF and dodge to have some possibility of survive. 40% heal reduction is 60% more damage we take.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    yes, it is called being under geared and not being uber. many DC have issues keeping themselves up. You should not apply your experience to the entirety of the class or its balance. I think to say a request to reduce this is not ill-founded. I thought the goal of this reduction was to keep DC from being Uber solo machines, but this is clearly not the case.

I see this as an unnecessary disadvantage and question the justification of it. Imagine that, things are not as PWE thought they would be. We get 3 cw parties or all cw parties, but you never see an all dc party.

The irony...

My DC is 12.5, normal armor/weapon enchantments with rank 7s/6s...

So uber zomg..

Many DCs got survivability issues for 4 main reasons:

-They don't have enough DR/Deflect, because " ZOMG I IS DPS CLEERIC".

-They run with CWs who save singularities/ control spells for Christmas.

-They don't use augment companions (stone/cat). Which makes them have 3000 stats less than the ones who use them.

-They don't dodge. Shift key too OP.
    nemus13 wrote: »
    And by the way the two clerics is the debuff setup, where neither cleric is full on heals m8 obviously you haven't been in t2s with any smart players...

Maybe because the dungeons mechanics don't need a "debuffer" for trash clearing. I mean come on, 3 CWs or even 2 CWs can melt down any living trash mobs or perhaps throw them off a cliff.

When it comes to boss fights, after adds have been cleared, i switch into divine glow and prophecy of doom and start "debuffing". Why the hell would i bring a 2nd cleric just for things i can easily do myself?

But yes..lets waste a spot for a 2nd cleric to debuff stuff that already dies within few seconds.

Not sure who didn't run with smart players here...
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Nerf of heal of DC = balance.

Now you heal for 600 instead of the 1000. If they remove this, you don't heal 40% more, you heal 67%! more. That's unbalance pure nature. If you don't survive in PvE, then you or your group idiots. For PvP the more heal is total unbalanced. And you hear: In PvE the DC work fine. Only a play issue here.
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Nerf of heal of DC = balance.

Now you heal for 600 instead of the 1000. If they remove this, you don't heal 40% more, you heal 67%! more. That's unbalance pure nature. If you don't survive in PvE, then you or your group idiots. For PvP the more heal is total unbalanced. And you hear: In PvE the DC work fine. Only a play issue here.

I have to agree with u, i only play with DC and if they remove the 40% PvP would became totally unbalance for DC but as it is now DC's are the worst class in PvP.... I know i know u can say some DC's are almost impossible to kill but that doesnt work that way lol if u fight the same GS and skill player from any other class DC dont have a chance... well, we can hold for some time but we will eventually die, i have no doubt of that (again, againts skilled and same GS as u), and beside that every class are able to kill u and you dont kill nothing..... Some people whine that hammer of faith was to OP.... when i see TR's giving me 30k dmg undodgable and when i have 40%DR on a DC plus AS and foresight... and hammer of faith is OP lolol

Anyways, the 40% is not that bad for PvP Balancing and i agree that those 40% wont damage much DC's on PvE either. Im sorry to say nemus13 but u need to train ur skills as a DC or get a better party to play with, mostly for 13kGS as u said u have.
  • Options
    unclechudunclechud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't see a problem with the healing limits in place. I have only 1 level 60 character which is a DC created by following an obsolete build. I have a current GS of 9000 with rank 5's in everything. Haven't run any of the lev 60 dungeons as I'm collecting my glory gear but it's not too hard to keep an Astral Shield running in PVP & swap a power when needed. I have an AoE healer which some people hate but it normally takes more than 1 person to kill me in PVP. Find a build you haven't tried & use your free respec token wisely when this update happens.
  • Options
    craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    a topic that never dies... the -40% heal on clerics...

Playing clerics since open beta started, these days I'm pushing the 3rd cleric to have one for the Anointed Champion path ready...
    At first I thought "uhhh weird with that self-debuff" but pretty fast I noticed it doesn't matter at all and it's fairly balanced on that.
    The thing you have to keep in mind: there are 3 (may 4 if specced so) that may not heal yourself: Forgemasters, Bastion of Health and Astral Shield (Proph of Doom if Secnd Sight skilled), every other (healing) spell heals also yourself.

So let's go:
    Placing AS somewhere else is OK, but you should go there, that mitigation alone is worth it - just in case of being hit, also most CWs and even some TRs get it to gather in there if taking harder damage.
    Same so with BoH, I also try to be in there (if I use it...) - see on AS, if they gather you mostly heal yourself with it.
    So whats left, the spell I get rarely heals from is Forgemasters Flame - even on this one, if my health is kinda low, I try to be near it.
    Everything else gives you a selfheal - no matter if you nee it.

Dying on a cleric is very much related to your party,...
    - if they are brainless, you will catch up all mobs around very fast and kite alot and maybe die some kinda often and fast.
    - if the got brain, you will get a few hits on the whole dungeon.
    Both possible with the same skills equiped and the same style to play.
    To move around if you got some mobs at you is neccessary - but I can manage that very well.
    About the mentiond defense/deflect thing: got 1.5k/0 and I'm running very well with that (as long as the party is not totally braindead).

Same at PvP, I'm not PvPing that much, but what I noticed is the same thing:
    Brainless partymates equals a high death ratio at DC - brainless enemy party equals an easy life.
    The cleric not designed for killing, not in PvE, not in PvP. It's designed to support. So in dungeons I hit moststime last or second last spot in damage dealt and also on killed enemies I'm on the last 3.
    In PvP I get about 4-6 kills if it runs lucky - but 40+ assists usually, also with my low defensive stats I am able to keep a GWF or GF busy for some time, also a CW if I see him before getting CC'd - the only think I die a bit faster are these annoying high critting TRs.

And one last: playing a DC is not that much about GS, it's more about skills to handle a DC - a higher GS just makes it a bit easier.
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    craeh1 wrote: »
    About the mentiond defense/deflect thing: got 1.5k/0 and I'm running very well with that (as long as the party is not totally braindead).

I assume braindead for you = they let you have the aggro.

Well bad news, you are getting carried then.

You should make sure that you are taking the most aggro and tanking mobs till they get killed and you can't achieve that with that rubbish defense.

Unless you are running with a GF, then you pretty much don't need the defense/deflect. My defense/deflect suggestion was about being the solo healer-tank of the group.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    My defense/deflect suggestion was about being the solo healer-tank of the group.
    Didn't got that from your previous post.
    On tankless partys it's ofc alot harder to survive with lower def & deflect - but same again, I'm doing well as long the partymates not running brainless - having just a little higher defense equip for stoney on that case / still gathering it...

Since I'm running almost every dungeon during the last weeks with a tank I didn't think about other party settings... May my fault there.
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    . . . . . Yes, Righteousness should have been a Paragon feature and not Class-wide. It should be something different for the new Paragon path. I hate Righteousness. If I wanted to be a Righteous healer, I'd play a Paladin... oh wait... :| Yeah, I don't like Righteousness at all but yeah, having played a Cleric since Alpha, I have learned to live with it and do just fine. I just wish I had the choice on whether I was "righteous" or not. It's like it should be a part of a class feature as the down-side to some bonus healing it should give others.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just stack regen+def+deflect and u will play all epics very easy i noticed most of time party preforms a lot better if dc is tanking stacked since trash know to agro it offten
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Yes, Righteousness should have been a Paragon feature and not Class-wide. It should be something different for the new Paragon path. I hate Righteousness. If I wanted to be a Righteous healer, I'd play a Paladin... oh wait... :| Yeah, I don't like Righteousness at all but yeah, having played a Cleric since Alpha, I have learned to live with it and do just fine. I just wish I had the choice on whether I was "righteous" or not. It's like it should be a part of a class feature as the down-side to some bonus healing it should give others.

As said: This penalty is important for class balance. Even without it, the DC would stay more easy against PvE and especially PvP. This penalty don't affect your teammates, so a Paladin is a useless healer in comparison.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    As said: This penalty is important for class balance. Even without it, the DC would stay more easy against PvE and especially PvP. This penalty don't affect your teammates, so a Paladin is a useless healer in comparison.
    . . . . . That was tounge-in-cheek over the name of it really. When I think of a Righteous Class, I think of a Paladin, not a cleric. ;) Never-the-less, there could be a better way to balance that than such a large reduction in self-healing, especially if you're playing solo as a cleric leveling up through normal game missions and such.
  • Options
    corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    yeah lets just increase DC healing.....
    They already nearly ruin pvp. When we fight the top guilds in pvp in premade matches you have DCs that are nearly immortal.
    Yes I know that they have the best gear, but so do we so this is a fair complaint. DCs have the most survivability of any class and you want to add to that?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    yeah lets just increase DC healing.....
    They already nearly ruin pvp. When we fight the top guilds in pvp in premade matches you have DCs that are nearly immortal.
    Yes I know that they have the best gear, but so do we so this is a fair complaint. DCs have the most survivability of any class and you want to add to that?
    . . . . . Not necessarily add to it but remove it and compensate for the balance issues else-where. Or at the very least, change the name! But then again, this is why PvE mechanics and PvP mechanics don't mix.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Not necessarily add to it but remove it and compensate for the balance issues else-where. Or at the very least, change the name! But then again, this is why PvE mechanics and PvP mechanics don't mix.

In PvE it's the same. If the DC don't have the penalty, it wouldn't really anytime in danger.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Also if the DC doesn't have that debuff, they will out-tank GF or tank specced GWFs very easy.
    So just kick both off for public groups - it's already hard enough to find a party with these...

I'd say maybe righteous should be related to party, like:
    solo - 100% selfheal
    2 - 90%
    3 - 80%
    4 - 70%
    5 - 60%
    while tiping it down, it feels a bit like it was planed to be like that... o0

anyway if righteous is removed, any other part of balance must hit the clerics, otherwise PvP specced cleric get a far step closer to invulnerability.
    Same on PvE, as written, a cleric could very simple tank + heal + support.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    craeh1 wrote: »
    Also if the DC doesn't have that debuff, they will out-tank GF or tank specced GWFs very easy.
    So just kick both off for public groups - it's already hard enough to find a party with these...

I'd say maybe righteous should be related to party, like:
    solo - 100% selfheal
    2 - 90%
    3 - 80%
    4 - 70%
    5 - 60%
    while tiping it down, it feels a bit like it was planed to be like that... o0

anyway if righteous is removed, any other part of balance must hit the clerics, otherwise PvP specced cleric get a far step closer to invulnerability.
    Same on PvE, as written, a cleric could very simple tank + heal + support.
    I really like this much better for how this class mechanic should work.