test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Total amount of shards, coal wards and marks needed to make 1 perfect vorpal.

esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
So i made some tests and calculated how much total shards you need to make 1 perfect vorpal from the scratch. You can generalize the following steps on all weapon and armor enchantments except for plague fire, tenebrous and tranquility.

Basically, you need the following Refinement points to upgrade:

311040 to upgrade greater to perfect.

103680 to upgrade normals to greater.

34560 to upgrade lessers to normal.

Please note that you need to make a catalyst enchantment of the same type on top of your enchantment inorder to process in upgrading it, for example:

You need 2 lessers to make 1 normal ( 1 lesser to refine , 1 lesser to use as catalyst)

You need 4 vorpal shards ( yes they must be vorpals) to make 1 lesser vorpal.

Now we can make 1 normal vorpal, using total of 8+8= 16 vorpal shard.

You need 1 more normal vorpal to use as a catalyst 16x2 = 32 vorpal shards.

Now we have 2 normal vorpals, and we are ready to make 1 greater vorpal.

By having 2 normal vorpals, we can use one as a catalyst and one for refining. So we will need 24 more shards to make 1 greater vorpal.

Now we need a 2nd greater vorpal as a catalyst, using total of (32+24)x2 = 112 shards of vorpal and now we have 2 greater vorpals.

Now we need 72 more shards, to make 1 perfect vorpal, using total of (112+72)= 184 vorpal enchantment.

Conclusion:

Shards used : 184 vorpal shard.

Coal wards used: 15 coal wards.

Greater Marks used: 10 marks.

Cost wise: assuming 1 shard = 20,000 1 coal ward = 100,000

and having Greater mark @ 100,000 each

You will need 6,180,000 AD to make a Perfect vorpal from scratch using vorpal shards only (Upgrade cost excluded).

Now you can ofcourse pay less if you use other shards besides vorpal, you will just lose the 2x bonus effect of having matching types.

Note: you must use vorpal shards to make the lesser vorpals, you can't use other type of shards.

The reason i made this thread is to have some feedback, so please correct me if i have done any mathematical error or if i forgot to calculate something and give results of your tests if you made any. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    If we are going to use random shards instead of vorpals, calculation should be as follows:

You need 4 vorpal shards to make 1 lesser. And you need 1 more cata lesser.

so we used 8 vorpals + 16 randoms to upgrade to normal.

Now we need 1 more normal as catalyst, so we need 8+16+8+16 = 16 vorpals + 32 random shards.

now we can make 1 greater using 16 vorpals + 48 randoms + 32 randoms = 16 Vorpals + 80 randoms, we need 1 more as catalyst so 32 Vorpals + 160 randoms.

Now we can make perfect , using 32 Vorpals + 160 randoms + 144 randoms = 32 Vorpals + 304 randoms.

Conclusion:

Total Shard used: 32 V + 304 rand shard

Coal wards used: 15

Marks used: 10

Cost wise: assuming random shards are like 5,000 each and vorpals are 20,000 each coals and marks are 100,000 each.

Making total cost of : 4,660,000 (upgrade cost excluded)
  • Options
    godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for this. Helps me get a better understanding of how this works and I was really curious about the price.
  • Options
    yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for taking the time to put in writing for everyone.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for doing the math.

One thing to remember: The wards are supposed to be drops from dungeons and skill nodes, so it is possible that the actual price of the wards will be less than the price on the AD market.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I just wanted to say that the upgrading will no longer cost AD. Which should make lower level upgrade much cheaper.
    terramak wrote: »

Refinement
    • Astral Diamonds are no longer required to upgrade items.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Hey Guys,

I'm going to re-open this thread so you can theorycraft and discuss the costs and requirements for various enchantments. This thread must stick to that topic though.

Feedback about the system in general will be moved to the Official Thread without warning and if this becomes too much to moderate we will be forced to close this thread again.

The Devs are eagerly looking for feedback about the various features that will be added with Shadowmantle but if the feedback can fit within the Official Threads it must go there so we can make sure the appropriate developers see it in a timely manner and catalog it appropriately.

We're sorry we have to be so strict about this but we all want Shadowmantle to be all it can be and organizing the feedback is imperative. :D
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Do you have to use shards, or can you use rank 1-4 enchants as well for refinement? It follows the same numbers as ranking 7-10, so being able to use 256 rank 4s to refine the 34560 RPs from lesser to normal may be cheaper than using shards using current AH prices and easier to farm as well.

Edit: I really think AH is going to go crazy as people look for the cheapest enchants/runestones/shards to use for refinement points. Right now you can get Elven battle enchant shards for about 1000 AD. 4320 RP for 1000 AD. Even beats out the cost of 135 RP for less than 100 AD of rank 4 training runestones.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    Do you have to use shards, or can you use rank 1-4 enchants as well for refinement? It follows the same numbers as ranking 7-10, so being able to use 256 rank 4s to refine the 34560 RPs from lesser to normal may be cheaper than using shards using current AH prices and easier to farm as well.

Edit: I really think AH is going to go crazy as people look for the cheapest enchants/runestones/shards to use for refinement points. Right now you can get Elven battle enchant shards for about 1000 AD. 4320 RP for 1000 AD. Even beats out the cost of 135 RP for less than 100 AD of rank 4 training runestones.

Yes, you can use any enchantments, runestones, or shards to get your refining points.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can i go from rank 5 straight to 10? I do not have access to the PTS.

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can i go from rank 5 straight to 10? I do not have access to the PTS.

No, you can't skip ranks when upgrading an enchantment.
  • Options
    janr92janr92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    esteena wrote: »

You need 4 vorpal shards to make 1 lesser. And you need 1 more cata lesser.

so we used 8 vorpals + 16 randoms to upgrade to normal.

Now we need 1 more normal as catalyst, so we need 8+16+8+16 = 16 vorpals + 32 random shards.

4 Shard for 1 Lesser. Normal is done with 2 lesser, so you need only 8 shard for a normal, not 16. You can make perfect with 32 shard of vorpal(Refiniment not included)
    | Yolt - TR MI Executioner |
    < Guild: Gravity X Game >
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    janr92 wrote: »
    4 Shard for 1 Lesser. Normal is done with 2 lesser, so you need only 8 shard for a normal, not 16. You can make perfect with 32 shard of vorpal(Refiniment not included)

That is what it says....

The last line is amount making a greater.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    No, you can't skip ranks when upgrading an enchantment.

So, instead of just fusing 4 of the same enchantments together, i will have to find 4 gems + then add the new stuff? I get the same results as before, for more effort and time?

Weird, i thought they said this is an improved fusion system... seems worse than before to me. o0

• Options
    edited November 2013
    So, instead of just fusing 4 of the same enchantments together, i will have to find 4 gems + then add the new stuff? I get the same results as before, for more effort and time?

Weird, i thought they said this is an improved fusion system... seems worse than before to me. o0

No....

Say you want to upgrade a rank 4 to rank 5. You throw any other enchantments (including other types and lower ranks) into it so it gains refining points. Once you have max out the refining points, you can then upgrade (which requires a catalyst). If you succeed, you now have a rank 5 and you can start the process again, throwing in any enchantments you don't plan to use into it until it hits the refining points max again.

So to go from rank 4 to 6, you now only need 1 rank 4 of that particular type instead of 16 and you only do the upgrade process 2 instead of 5 times.
  • Options
    janr92janr92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That is what it says....

The last line is amount making a greater.

You say that you can make a greater for 32 shard, but you can make perfect with that shard.

4 shard -> 1 Lesser.
    A perfect is made with 8 lesser (1 perfect -> 2 greater -> 4 normal -> 8 Lesser) so you need 4*8 = 32 shard for perfect
    | Yolt - TR MI Executioner |
    < Guild: Gravity X Game >
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    No....

Say you want to upgrade a rank 4 to rank 5. You throw any other enchantments (including other types and lower ranks) into it so it gains refining points. Once you have max out the refining points, you can then upgrade (which requires a catalyst). If you succeed, you now have a rank 5 and you can start the process again, throwing in any enchantments you don't plan to use into it until it hits the refining points max again.

So to go from rank 4 to 6, you now only need 1 rank 4 of that particular type instead of 16 and you only do the upgrade process 2 instead of 5 times.

OH!!! Then the new system is superb. I was just too stupid to understand it, since i cannot just hop onto the PTS.

Thankies.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    You say that you can make a greater for 32 shard, but you can make perfect with that shard.

4 shard -> 1 Lesser.
    A perfect is made with 8 lesser (1 perfect -> 2 greater -> 4 normal -> 8 Lesser) so you need 4*8 = 32 shard for perfect

That is not what I said....

Please stop misreading posts.
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    [...]
    Right now you can get Elven battle enchant shards for about 1000 AD. 4320 RP for 1000 AD.
    No, it is 2,160 for non-matching shards and only if you want to create an "Elven Battle Enchantment", it would be 4,320. So, if you're going to create e. g. a "Perfect Vorpal Enchantment", the shards of the Elven Battle Enchantment would only give you 2,160 RPs.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Aahhh, thanks. That is still pretty darn good though. That would still make certain shards the cheapest in terms of RP to AD cost given current AH prices. 2160 RP for 1000 AD. Might even be cheaper shards. Of course that will all change once the economy sorts itself out after the module goes live and people start understanding what is going on. This really makes me want to go buy up all the cheap shards on the AH right now.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    [...] This really makes me want to go buy up all the cheap shards on the AH right now.
    :cool: guess what I'm doing... but be careful, before someone starts to point fingers at us for doing "Insider tradings" ;)
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Just yesterday there were a ton of shards for less than 1K AD. Now they are all around 2K. Either you bought a ton, or other people reading the forums are catching on. Still though, even at that price shards are good and you can still farm the sharandar ones as well.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    edited November 2013

If you continued reading, you would notice that the 16 is to make 2 normals. which is the amount needed to make 1 greater.

about the 32 vorpal, it is enough only to make the catalysts but you need more shards to have enough refinement points. Read the OP again.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Concerning the questions about using normal enchantments for refinement:

So far, 1 rank 4 gives 135 RP ( i think, not so sure, but it was around that amount) while 1 shard gives 2160 RP. So it is possible to refine and upgrade your enchants with rank 4s or 5s...but cost wise, using shards is cheaper since you would need a truck load of rank 4 to complete your refinement and probably would cost more money.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    And in turn it is better to use shards for refinement of normal enchants as well. Shards are simply the best AD to RP ratio given the current economy if you are buying up mats for refinement right now. I expect this to change once module 2 goes live and the economy readjusts. Could make shards just for the sake of using them as shards quite a bit more expensive for quite a few enchants.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It wasn't so many weeks ago that I was buying shards of less desirable enchantment types like bilethorn and even negation for 600AD or less. Oh those heady days.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia