test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback from Guild Leaders

therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It would be nice to have a thread on the forums for feedback specifically from GMs and guild officers. These players are a relatively small percentage of your user base, but they also contribute to a very large amount of player retention. They also have unique problems not faced by typical players, due to having to use the guild management interface and other similar features.

I've had some problems that have been fixed, but currently outstanding ones are:
  • "/o" not working for officer chat. We have to type "/channelsend officer" manually every message. Very annoying.
  • Guild kick commands should be available from the chat window or guild roster ONLY. Please remove them from the player inspect window and from the party character icons. We've had people accidentally kick people from the guild that were in their party after the person goes offline, when they were intending to remove them from the party. Having the same terminology for both commands doesn't help either! We've also had people accidentally kicked during PvP matches when someone is trying to finish an enemy player and they end up accidentally inspecting someone and selecting kick from guild. There should also be a confirmation prompt after you select kick from guild as an additional measure of safety.
  • The date a player joined the guild should be displayed in the guild roster. Always. This is very useful piece of information as lots of guilds use seniority as a requirement for promotion. Right now you have to manually record it in officer comments, which is super annoying.
  • Allow for searching for a player by name in the guild roster. Right now I have to use the gateway to look someone up, but I don't have officer access there. In the game I have officer access but no way to look someone up.
  • Allow sorting the guild roster by period of inactivity, and display this date. Customization options for the roster information would be nice as well.
  • Limiting us to seven guild ranks, no more, no less, is not ideal. We end up with some "virtual" ranks with all players in those ranks having to have the same actual rank. With officers this creates an issue where some of them inevitably have greater or fewer permissions than they need. It should be a dynamic rank collection that we can add or remove from as we see fit. Not everyone uses the same rank structure, nor should they.
  • Duelling would be a fantastic tool for player evaluation and training that would help with recruitment and promotion.

Thanks for your consideration.
garret_fi.png
Post edited by therealjaelus on

Comments

• faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It would be nice to have a thread on the forums for feedback specifically from GMs and guild officers. These players are a relatively small percentage of your user base, but they also contribute to a very large amount of player retention. They also have unique problems not faced by typical players, due to having to use the guild management interface and other similar features.

I've had some problems that have been fixed, but currently outstanding ones are:
    • "/o" not working for officer chat. We have to type "/channelsend officer" manually every message. Very annoying.
    • Guild kick commands should be available from the chat window or guild roster ONLY. Please remove them from the player inspect window and from the party character icons. We've had people accidentally kick people from the guild that were in their party after the person goes offline, when they were intending to remove them from the party. Having the same terminology for both commands doesn't help either! We've also had people accidentally kicked during PvP matches when someone is trying to finish an enemy player and they end up accidentally inspecting someone and selecting kick from guild. There should also be a confirmation prompt after you select kick from guild as an additional measure of safety.
    • The date a player joined the guild should be displayed in the guild roster. Always. This is very useful piece of information as lots of guilds use seniority as a requirement for promotion. Right now you have to manually record it in officer comments, which is super annoying.
    • Allow for searching for a player by name in the guild roster. Right now I have to use the gateway to look someone up, but I don't have officer access there. In the game I have officer access but no way to look someone up.
    • Allow sorting the guild roster by period of inactivity, and display this date. Customization options for the roster information would be nice as well.
    • Limiting us to seven guild ranks, no more, no less, is not ideal. We end up with some "virtual" ranks with all players in those ranks having to have the same actual rank. With officers this creates an issue where some of them inevitably have greater or fewer permissions than they need. It should be a dynamic rank collection that we can add or remove from as we see fit. Not everyone uses the same rank structure, nor should they.
    • Duelling would be a fantastic tool for player evaluation and training that would help with recruitment and promotion.

Thanks for your consideration.

I quite agree here. One other thing I have noticed is when there is one member on the last page you cannot see who it is unless they are online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited August 2013
    I agree on all of this.
    Also I would like something like "corps" in the guild (like in Forsaken World) it has a lot of possibilities.
    It would also be nice if we could sort members by account names.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1

At present I see no method of finding out when a member was last online, this got broken 2 patches ago.

Options to give members different flags or sub-ranks would be nice...
  • th3ravenxth3ravenx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1

At present I see no method of finding out when a member was last online, this got broken 2 patches ago.

Options to give members different flags or sub-ranks would be nice...

I agree with everyone here. I have also seen posts asking for AD in guild banks this would helpful because 750K for another tab is alot to dish out. I do agree, first the bugs need to be fixed but here are somethings I would like to see:

1. Ability to click on guild members and view their builds. This can only be applied to guilds only but it maybe too much coding to make it happen.. wishful thinking
    2. I do think reward system helps with guild growth so something like having Guild points be generated up. These points can be generated when you put things into the guild bank, when doing guild runs officers or GM can give points out to players. This would feel more like D&D and giving people rewards make them work hard to see the guild proceed.

EXAMPLE: I had 60 people in my guild and by giving players rewards we have 200 active members now.

3. LIke other games I played they could color code the classes. Example like all CW are purple names, Clerics white ...etc.. helps to not keep looking at the class tag on names. It maybe just me haha
    4. Guild Halls would be a great way for guild members to go relax, have special guild merchants ( IE.. can use guild points to buy stuff). GM can outfit room or members can

Well i can go on forever but hope my 2 cents helps.
  • therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    It would also be nice if we could sort members by account names.

+1

This was actually one of my top ones but I forgot to list it in the original post. This would make it much easier to see alts (which is very important for guilds with an alts rank or that give alts permissions based on the main).
    th3ravenx wrote: »
    I have also seen posts asking for AD in guild banks this would helpful because 750K for another tab is alot to dish out.

This was another I forgot to list. It makes no sense. To pay for guild expenses like upgrading the tabs and buying gear/enchants you need diamonds, but you can only collect guild dues in gold ::facepalm::. They created the guild bank tabs as a diamond sink, and yet created no way to intelligently collect guild dues to pay for them. Either make guild bank tabs cost gold or create the ability to collect dues in diamonds. One or the other, but it really should make some sense.

Also, I love the guild hall idea. Right now my guild informally uses the Trade of Blades as our guild hall, but we'd love to see a real thing implemented. It could be a nice diamond sink for the game as well, but again, we'd need a way to collect dues in diamonds.
    garret_fi.png
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    great thread! lots of great ideas for guild improvement.
  • mrantgmrantg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Allow guilds to mutually declare war on each other so we can duke it out while out and about (if both sides consent ofc).
  • slowshieldslowshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1) I agree a lot with how the guild tabs are AD sinks but the guild banks do not have an option for guild members to contribute towards paying for the Bank Tab. If members can donate AD, this can help grow the guild bank tabs a lot faster, helping out the other guild members as well!

2) I agree with point rewards for guild members for being active / helping out guild members by contributing loot etc.. This will tend to make people want to help out and in turn foster good relationship between guildies!

3) I am also hoping for a System which allows fast grouping within the guild, e.g Class leader or Guild leader picks 5 and attempts to group them, and they get a pop up saying: Your Class Leader / Guild Leader has attempted to Group You with: Player A, Player B, Player C, Player D for Spell Plague Dungeon, Accept? Yes / No, This can help to organize runs easier in the guild with a few assigned class leaders assigning people groups, rather than everyone spamming 'Anyone wants to do DD?.. No one? Come on lets go .. '

4) I would like Guild Leaders / or Assigned Class Leaders to be able to 'mark' equippable loot gained from Dungeons (For Guild Only) which renders the item bound to guild characters only and unsellable to vendors, so that putting it into the Guild Bank deposits, I would know safely that no one would be taking it for greed and only on NEED basis. I feel this one is important :) Please do help look into this, Cryptic! Thank you!

5) You know you need Customisable Guild Dyes:) where everyone can customize their gear to look like one uniform, imagine 300 people standing together in some common united outfit. This is how a guild army should look like!
    <Archons> +8 GMT Oceanic Guild, 300 Member Strong @ Dragon Server!
    banner.png
    Silverblade (60 TR), Silver (60 DC), SilverShield (60 GF), SilverStorm (60 CW), Ultimate (60 GWF)
  • dareirusdareirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wana see guild houses where we can hangout :D
  • dazedblaze2dazedblaze2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1 to all the great pts listed so far.

Would love the ability to duel 1v1 with people. Setting up an open/world pvp specialized zone might be a good way to do this.

Coming from PvP focused guild, would love to able to challenge other pre-mades. Whether it can be a separate Q system for premades or F interaction drop box window. Currently it takes a lot more coordination than it needs to be to fight against other premades/groups.

Thanks,

Blaze
  • anon003anon003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi fellow guild leaders!

Here are a few tips to work around some of the limitations:

1. Use gateway.playneverwinter.com for some guild management. The last log in date is completely sortable here.

2. Instead of issuing a command everytime to use /o chat, enter this command once: /channel_join officer, relog and /o will always work without further manual commands.

I agree with all the other suggestions. Until they fix things, I hope this is helpful to some of you ^.^
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    mrantg wrote: »
    Allow guilds to mutually declare war on each other so we can duke it out while out and about (if both sides consent ofc).

Though I doubt I would utilize this, I fully support the functionality if there is player house (basically a safe zone).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • janedarksidejanedarkside Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    good stuff here, especially the problem with the dues collection in gold.. and the ability to purchase tabs and upgrades only in AD. bump
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    I need raids. The 20man PvE portion of GG is a joke without reward, and with only 5 man dungeons there's literally no large scale activities for us to participate in.
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A (non preview) feedback forum would be a good starting point.
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good thread...much to digest, but this input is valuable for our guild leaders.

• dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    totally agree about the guild kick thing....we've actually taken that ability away from our officers just to minimize the risk of it happening. Good thread.
  • stdem007stdem007 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hello everyone,

keep the good ideas coming.
    what i would like to see is a open world pvp zone, a zone with limited mobs in it for questing, but mostly a open world pvp zone, where u can go solo or in group.
    a zone with lots of hiding spots / movement spaces / higher and lower differences etc ...

cheers,
    Young Bloodb
    Young Bloodb
    Trickster Rogue
    We Chosen Few - Beholder

"You don't quit gaming because you grow old, you grow old because you quit gaming"
  • misterme314misterme314 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hello

I too support all of the above requests. Especially the ability to donate AD into the guild bank to buy the repositories together.
    The Guild system needs much more improvement at the moment, many essential functions dont work properly or are nhonexistent.

Illidan of Argatos
    Glory of Neverwinter
    Dragon Shard
  • sanctionxsanctionx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just my rough thoughts at this time since I have a short breather from work. Perhaps someone can improve further...

1. Allow a guild to declare war on one opposing guild (minimum 30 lvl 60 members? just rough figure), provided the opposing guild accepts the war declaration.

2. Upon declaration of war from both guilds, for a set duration of time (say 1 hour - 1 day+), all lvl 60 members from each guild will be able to engage in certain sections/ areas across all map instances except PE. Semi-open PVP so to say...

3. This offers different environments/ terrains (i.e battles in whispering cavers, icespire etc besides the existing PVP maps). Could also make it easier to arrange premade battles (we could actually arrange a guild 20 v 20!).

4. Can possibly include two new battle modes:
    - capture the flag (maybe not entirely viable depending on map)
    - deathmatch (first to 100?)

Winning guild gets say 20k AD/ 50g added to guild bank for upgrades?
    This can then go to decorations/ upgrading guild halls if it ever comes into play.
    Or maybe reputation points (set up a ladder for guilds).

Also, being able to make a guild crest would be nice.
  • warfurybladezwarfurybladez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1 to thread, mad props.

The obvious;

Raids/larger scale for our Guild to participate in together, as a Guild.

20 player PvP Groups.

Guild vs Guild events (why do people even need to be in a Guild for GG if we can't GvG?!)

Guild progression tabs - for PvE and PvP bonuses.

My main gripe, really small but easily fixed, is for those occasions when we don't have a full Guild group - just 3 or 4, but some random ALWAYS gets group lead during and after events. Please fix this.

Even if AD in Gbank isn't with-drawable, let our members Donate towards the next tabs!

I can deal for the most part with the semi-broken Officer stuff and lack of member tracking, for now. But just let us roll out as a Guild.
    Underworld Knights - Premier Oceanic Guild
  • stdem007stdem007 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    agree, a AD donation system for guild tabs ( not only gold ) would be nice indeed.
    Young Bloodb
    Trickster Rogue
    We Chosen Few - Beholder

"You don't quit gaming because you grow old, you grow old because you quit gaming"
  • therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited November 2013
    I've been increasingly frustrated with working with the inadequate guild interface in game.

This is the info that should be displayed in the in game roster:
    • Character Name (sort/filter) - We need to be able to FILTER on this.
    • Account Name (sort/filter) - We need this to identify alts.
    • Class (sort)
    • Level (sort)
    • Date Joined (sort) - Necessary for determining seniority and for managing trial periods. This is one of the most BASIC pieces of information that should be in a roster.
    • Last Activity Date (sort) - Necessary for determining inactivity.
    • Member Comment
    • Officer Comment

Also let us create and manage guild ranks as we please. Mandating exactly 7 ranks for a guild is completely arbitrary. Different guild structures require different numbers of ranks. There is absolutely no way to defend having to have 7.

Since you can only assign permissions by rank and not by person, that means you use up 2 ranks just for Recruiter and Banker. That leaves 5 ranks. One is for the GM. Every guild needs a Recruit rank. That leaves 3 ranks for all member and officer ranks. It's insufficient! Let us create as many ranks as we need.

Also, since you only allow donations to the guild bank in gold it is only logical to charge gold to buy bank tabs and to switch guild factions. These are guild purchases not individual purchases and the only currency a guild has to purchase something is in gold.

Guilds are what are keeping this game alive. It's in your best interests to make guild management easier.
    garret_fi.png
  • stash111stash111 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited November 2013
    i would love to see all of this added to the game.

P.S. the information is still relevant so who cares if it's an old thread.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stash111 wrote: »
    P.S. the information is still relevant so who cares if it's an old thread.

I agree with the policy of cracking down on necroed threads about game mechanics that have changed, or troll threads that got missed the first time around.

Discretion should be exercised when it comes to suggestion threads where a great deal of useful information has been amassed but no changes have as yet made it into the game. Like the massive thread surveying the player base about companions - if that were bumped now, should it be locked? I think not. It's an ongoing concern.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please leave the moderating of threads to the duly appointed moderators. If a thread needs a moderator's attention, that is what the "Report Post" function is for.

At any rate, it is at the discretion of the moderation team as to when the "necro" rule must be applied. We will confer on this and take appropriate action as needed.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I also agree with post a 100%

And please add some sort of 10 player raid content, guilds need big group content for our members to fellowship with. 5 player groups are to small for getting new members involved.
  • selenethialselenethial Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree with you 100%

It would be nice also to have a competitive PvE like a dungeon or raid where guilds have to challenge. For example 4 guilds (4 party of different guilds) start at the same time a dungeon and they compete against each other for the victory.
    The winning team will have purple drop for each party member and AD.