test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Neverwinter Event: Masquerade of Liars Festival

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited November 2014 in News & Announcements
Neverwinter is celebrating the traditional holiday of Liars' Night by including it in a six-day long celebration in game. Join us in game as we celebrate with the Masquerade of Liars Festival, a new Halloween-themed event in Neverwinter.

Learn more about the event and its rewards: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1011651.

Event duration: Now until November 4, 2013 at 10 A.M. PDT (Pacific).

We'll see (and scare) you in game!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• saltpastillensaltpastillen Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Come on man.

Dont tease us with epic companions just to make them uncommon in the last minute.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Woah. WOAH. what? You mean the preview we got yesterday during the Neverwinter hour was wrong? It's at least BoE still, right?
    contents to be decided
  • netrunnnnrnetrunnnnr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah they did a Ninjafix and made it Green..Another disapointment
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes, also noticed and disappointed, cause I wanted a purple skelly companion. But, it no longer costs 1800 tokens to get him, so I have a real shot now, which is good. But this is fun, I've seen illusionists as Valindra Shadowmantle, and even a Gelatinous Cube!!!! *smile*

Oh, and they finally fixed the Cultist Slayer III title. Yippee!!!! Thanks guys!!!
  • bloodyhell69bloodyhell69 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    :mad: might be nice if I hadn't been patching for the last 2 hours.....whats up with that?
  • handzenhandzen Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    :mad: might be nice if I hadn't been patching for the last 2 hours.....whats up with that?

I would imagine your connection speed would be "what's up with that"
    NW-DDMJD8HFR
    NW-DLXRPHAI4
    NW-DLWWS6WE5
    NW-DBYXMD7VM
  • grom5674grom5674 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I'm confused. In the info on Trade of Treats, it says that after your daily five talks with the Ill. you can still get tokens from them with the little bag things. It then says "see below" for how. There is no mention below, above, sideways or anywhere about this again.

Was that idea dropped?
  • dravenrosedravenrose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    love the new event but was hoping for a skeletal mount honestly :(
  • skandrann0nskandrann0n Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm new here... do these events always involve chasing down people all over town to turn in One Token At A Time?
    Took my over hour to run around and turn in 50 or so... not really my idea of fun..

-Skan
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm new here... do these events always involve chasing down people all over town to turn in One Token At A Time?
    Took my over hour to run around and turn in 50 or so... not really my idea of fun..

-Skan

No, they have tried different things for different events.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I turned in 170 tokens in under 30 mins by riding around on a mount and you didn't even have to get off your mount.
  • skandrann0nskandrann0n Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    I turned in 170 tokens in under 30 mins by riding around on a mount and you didn't even have to get off your mount.

dardove - thanks for the non-smart-*** answer :) I look forward to seeing what they come up with next.

rhoric - please go back and re-read my post. Pay real close attention to the part where I said I was new. I wasn't level 20 during the event. That means I ran my lil halfling feet all over town, and the only speed boost I got was from cloaking.

-Skan
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My comment wasn't directed at you. It was just a general comment. This char I did this on was still fairly new, was still in Blackdagger area. Did it to get the skelie for when HR is released.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi just posting to say that I was completely uninspired and made no attempt to participate in this event at all even though I was logged on every day of it. I looked at the rewards and nothing made me want to change my daily routine to participate. It never once occurred to me to get a weird looking mask for my character, this was an even more pointless event then the midsummer one.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Feedback.

Sorry. Looked at the rewards, saw nothing of interest. You guys need to step up a bit. A Guild Wars 2 event would involve achievements, for those who like achievements. It would involve running around the maps. More importantly they make an effort with the rewards. We do not need Fashion outfits. Fashion outfits are nice for roleplayers, but with only three slots it provokes a massive Attack of the Clones vibe, especially when the chest piece tends to overwhelm the rest of the pieces (less chest pieces that are *also* bottom parts would be good).

Things that would assuredly make players happy, and I say this polled from friends, guildies and the NWRP channel: make an effort to produce unique skin armors that can be transmuted. There are not enough unique skins, most of them are hidden behind a dumb lair system that requires the clunky business of sharing quests with a friend, doing the lair, share the quest again if the skin did not drop, do it again.

You guys *need* to step up your game. I have arrived at the tail end of the summer festival, saw there were skins and *might* have been interested just to dissolve into a fit of giggles at seeing there was no preview available nor a dummy to put them on display, which seemed the obvious answer if the answer is that preview is not possible due to engine limitations.

P.S. Cut down on the grind some, will you? I played the game for the duration of the halloween festival and ended with around 70-80 tokens. The skeleton might have interested me for roleplay/active bonus, but 600 tokens? Seriously? 600 hundred times chasing illusionists one by one? Are you really thinking NW is so much of a super game that players will throw themselves at these colossal grinds until their eyes bleed? This sounds like hubris to me.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    leandreav1 wrote: »
    600 hundred times chasing illusionists one by one? Are you really thinking NW is so much of a super game that players will throw themselves at these colossal grinds until their eyes bleed? This sounds like hubris to me.

Agree 100% (good word choice as well). I understand the grind - gotta keep the players coming back. The problem though is this - most of us have been grinding for a very long time (see Shar, IWD and ToD) and don't relish yet another grind (even though it's only for four days) with too little payoff.

Come up with something new - get us talking about the game on social media in a good way. We can help you promote the wonder that is Neverwinter . . . if you give us a reason to.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Onto the topic at hand. I really happen to like the halloween event. I missed it last year, the only event in all of the history of neverwinter from alpha, beta and into release that I've missed so far, because I (*gasp*) chose to take my kids trick-or-treating rather than play Neverwinter on Halloween night. I was pleased they extended it to several days since, of course, I made the same choice this year too. I like the masks, I like the companions (though I couldn't be bothered to actually get those...) and I liked the general idea for the quests.

I did not like the charms. Frankly it was a moronic idea to require players to run around forever turning in charms one at a time. I mean, at one point between actual dailies and just kill farming for charms, I had a couple hundred in my pack. It required that I spend a hour (give or take) running in an endless circle in PE. I got 4 of the masks and gave up on the event simply because I couldn't handle trading them in.

Everything else about this event was great - the PE makeover was awesome, I liked the Illusionists' presence, the event was well done other than the charm turn-in mechanic - it was needless time consuming and felt like a massive waste of time doing nothing. It ultimately made me stop participating in the event before it was over.

I would urge you guys to update that particular part of this event for next year - I don't know that you really need to make many adjustments to it otherwise.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    But that wasn't what was under discussion. The lairs in the levelling areas are shareable and can be re-done. Both the boss drops and the gear from the end chests often have unique skins people want for transmuting and might have unknowingly tossed from running it previously. The thing in the chest will always be the same. Boss drops are randomized. People share these in order to try to get BoP items like the drow-spider-tiara-thingy in Rothe Valley.

Also, the Masquerade of Liars ran for multiple days last year as well. This year's event was actually shorter.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just realized this thread was necro'd by about a year. Please check post dates.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.