test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Massively Module 2: Shadowmantle and Hunter Ranger Preview

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in News & Announcements
Check out Massively's Module 2: Shadowmantle and Hunter Ranger preview! http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10/29/dawn-of-the-hunter-rangers-touring-neverwinters-shadowmantle-m/
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dem u Sominator! (jk). >.> I was about to post it, this way some ppl could get a bit more info about Shadowmantle and stuff.

EDIT: Nvm. Ppl will test it in the preview shard later. :o
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Free respec for all! Excellent!

I wonder if the 5-dashes per endurance bar for Rangers might be too good, though - unless they are much shorter range or don't grant immunity from effects while in mid-dash.

The artifact system sounds interesting, but I worry that it will just be a rune/enchant/item sink.

*Edit: The article mentions "it's hard to argue with the power to slaughter your foes from 40 feet away" - is this the same range of a CW's normal At-Will attacks, or is it closer to what a TRs throwing daggers can reach?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Free respec for all! Excellent!

I wonder if the 5-dashes per endurance bar for Rangers might be too good, though - unless they are much shorter range or don't grant immunity from effects while in mid-dash

It is much shorter.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The article mentions "it's hard to argue with the power to slaughter your foes from 40 feet away" - is this the same range of a CW's normal At-Will attacks, or is it closer to what a TRs throwing daggers can reach?

I hope not. I do not want a TERA like archer, to hit stuff just a few feets from me. I want RANGE (as in RANGER), like CWs MM 80ft (maybe even 90ft). *sniper mode on* >_>
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *Edit: The article mentions "it's hard to argue with the power to slaughter your foes from 40 feet away" - is this the same range of a CW's normal At-Will attacks, or is it closer to what a TRs throwing daggers can reach?

CW normal range is 80ft unless you buff it with feats.

Also, 5 dodge immunities in a row sounds pretty OP for any class, but if they are not immunities, how will they PvE using their full class?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    CW normal range is 80ft unless you buff it with feats.

Also, 5 dodge immunities in a row sounds pretty OP for any class, but if they are not immunities, how will they PvE using their full class?

Well, I don't think the GWF gets immunity when sprinting. Even without immunity, it'd still be useful for quickly getting out from red circle. It's also possible that other powers, such as their lunge toward/jump back power might grant CC immunity.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pretty good article. a little bit more in depth about dread ring and the new artifact system coupled with passive bonuses from active companions. and a confirmation on a free respec. +100000000000000
  • Options
    bannikusbannikus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The only thing I noticed is missing from the current specs is a Damage Shield!!! Rangers always need a Damage Shield for close combat :-) Even if it's 5/10/15 % damage per hit,so at 15% if an enemy hits you for 100 points,the DS will hit him for 15 points. It doesn't seem like much but it helps a LOT !!!
  • Options
    kershelkershel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    WOOOOOOOOOOOAH THERE.

companions and passive bonuses ???

meaning i will get the % damage reduction from angel of protection even if she`s not the companion i summoned ?

ROFL.

prepare yourself, TONS of companions will be release/sold on the zen market and like Pokemon, you gotta catch em all.

this is probably the worst news i ever got from an MMO update.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kershel wrote: »
    WOOOOOOOOOOOAH THERE.

meaning i will get the % damage reduction from angel of protection even if she`s not the companion i summoned ?

ROFL.

prepare yourself, TONS of companions will be release/sold on the zen market and like Pokemon, you gotta catch em all.

That depends on your point of view, for others who've spent the money on the companions it is good news.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kershel wrote: »
    WOOOOOOOOOOOAH THERE.

ROFL.

Well, if every companion offers some sort of bonus, then you can always just invest a couple of gold into buying the basic companions available at the Grand Emporium.

And if there are people out there that then decide that a character has to have a certain number or type of companion 'slotted' before that can join their party, then that's on them.
    Not much different than someone insisting on "experience" or the use of a voice chat program to me.

It's up to you if you are going to be "that guy".

I would wager that a group will be able to get through all of the content in the game without any companions being used for the bonus that they offer if a group was so inclined as to try.

I will have what I have. Not because of what someone else says that I should have, but because of what I decide to have for myself*.
    If that means that someone doesn't want me in their party or guild then I will get over it. :cool:

* no, this doesn't mean that I will go out of my way to make crazy builds because I can or even to not look at what other people are building... I just means that I am not going to let other people tell me what I "have" to do because I am playing whatever class.
  • Options
    eaglestar55eaglestar55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm still waiting on a announcement for the new Module to go live. I know it is on the Preview Server but I am way ready to play it on the main server.

Are there any guesses as to when?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sure that as soon as they have a firm release date, it'll be announced to the heavens. Both the class and content are still undergoing balancing and bugfixing, so it's not ready to go yet.

I checked back in time, and the press release for the official launch date for Module 1 was made a little over a month prior. The news came out on July 16 for a launch date of August 22. It is getting to the stage where they're going to need to say something official in order to hit that "before the end of the year" metric, if they want to have the same window of promotional lead time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    exelans500exelans500 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wonder why they changed the skills of GF and GWF with each other.İt seems like it is a good thing but think about that.They will get every good thing from GF and give to GWF but get almost nothing useful from GWF to GF.Even now a party can kill a boss without GF.If they give GWF those GF skills, I think there will be no need to a GF class at all.Besides GWF already can use a daily power as tab skill.And GWF can use it in about every 10 seconds in a fight..I think there shouldn't be such a change..