test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Impressed

2»

Comments

• Options
    faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    He said druid was next, unless he said something else after the interview I read :)
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    He said druid might be next, after the one still in the works is done. That is most likely Warlock. So druid might be the 3rd class.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Judging from feedback from the preview shard. It looks like its going to operate as predicted. Bow is the primary weapon and default mode. Off hand will be the blades.

Woohoo, I wasn't as far off as I thought it was. :D
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Nope, monk please.

yes please
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Judging from feedback from the preview shard. It looks like its going to operate as predicted. Bow is the primary weapon and default mode. Off hand will be the blades.

Hide armor instead of leather.

And I gota say, the two initial at-wills are pretty dang awesome :D
    Any idea which preview shard it's on? Mimic or Owlbear?
  • Options
    gladiatorulgladiatorul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited October 2013
    I am kinds disappointed a little because well I hate bows and if I am forced to the bow more I will be mad but if I can only use the swords which I do not know what they are I thing scimitars I will be very happy.
  • Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited October 2013
    My guess is that the Tab will be used to change the type of auto attack.
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    My guess is that the Tab will be used to change the type of auto attack.

They clarified this one. Tab switches you between bows and swords, which in turn changes every one of your encounters and at-wills and dailies in some way to reflect the different weapons. For example, with a bow you have an encounter called marauders escape, which shifts you quickly 50' back. When you tab to swords, that same power becomes marauders charge, taking you 50' towards your enemy.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Any idea which preview shard it's on? Mimic or Owlbear?

Its on Mimic
    I am kinds disappointed a little because well I hate bows and if I am forced to the bow more I will be mad but if I can only use the swords which I do not know what they are I thing scimitars I will be very happy.

Default mode is ranged with your bow. This means, you wont even be able to use your melee options until you get to level 10 and unlock your tabbed ability.

The melee weapons appear to be dual daggers. However, the icons dont show an image yet and ive only seen the starting junk you get in the tutorial. Scimitars might be a epic level option, or at the very least one of the special Bazaar or Trade bar items.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its on Mimic

Default mode is ranged with your bow. This means, you wont even be able to use your melee options until you get to level 10 and unlock your tabbed ability.

The melee weapons appear to be dual daggers. However, the icons dont show an image yet and ive only seen the starting junk you get in the tutorial. Scimitars might be a epic level option, or at the very least one of the special Bazaar or Trade bar items.

While there are several HR weapons that do not yet have a picture for their icon, there are also many that do. The Main Hand is your bow, the off-hand is a pair of swords. Looks like short swords so far, but I saw at least 1 HR with longer swords than mine and I do not know what they were. Only the bow can get a Weapon Enchantment slot (since it is a main hand) and the dual swords can have only an offense slot.

The at-wills definately seem powerful, especially the split shot. I have not cleared groups of mobs so fast on any other character. I am really curious to see how the HR works at higher levels, so far I am having a blast.
  • Options
    dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whatever it is, I cannot see it being another DPS type only so, I'm betting a Druid or other type of healer. Then they need another tank build.