Install Arc
Options

New Paragon Abilities for all classes from the test server

2»

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its not about the damage they deal, especially considering the damage will be modified by the gear etc, but the prone abilities of the GWF.

Sprint+threat rush+unstoppable+frontline surge+indom str... I mean... What else do you need? Noone can kill you
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am looking forward to testing the synergy of the being able to apply a mark at will with marked challenge. 23% more damage. Counterable yes. But played right you should be able to have your mark up most of time during an encounter rotation. Mark your target followed by 2 second Frontline when feated, a couple sure strikes, Knockdown, and then IBS. Won't make sentinels suddenly damage beasts, but should be nice boost to burst damage.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    If the burn DPS on the CW skills can crit and are counted as serpatate hits, I could see a return of the rene CW.. Depending on how its done, this could be crazy CW dps...
  • Options
    facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited October 2013
    I will probably stick to my current conq. build and roll the new class ..
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    kaoswp wrote: »
    If the burn DPS on the CW skills can crit and are counted as serpatate hits, I could see a return of the rene CW.. Depending on how its done, this could be crazy CW dps...

I am more interested in seeing how the feat layout works with the new paragon path. There is a bit of Synergy available with the Rimfire effect. But you are right in saying it all depends on the damage, how much, whether it can crit, whether it can be buffed via feats ect.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I am more interested in seeing how the feat layout works with the new paragon path. There is a bit of Synergy available with the Rimfire effect. But you are right in saying it all depends on the damage, how much, whether it can crit, whether it can be buffed via feats ect.

Exactly /: It has a BIG hill to clime to beat the existing Paragon, but it could happen.
  • Options
    altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    orcult wrote: »
    I find it quite amusing that with the current proposed changes to TR and the crying there has been about their ranged abilities, that these abilities can make you a fully a ranged rogue. While I realise this may not be the finished article, it still made me chuckle a bit. I can already hear the crying hehe. Thanks for this.

The tears are freaking delicious.
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    kaoswp wrote: »
    Exactly /: It has a BIG hill to clime to beat the existing Paragon, but it could happen.

Lets move this to the Cw forums.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just curious, why does a TR at-will makes nearly 10x the damage of a CW's at-will? Isnt a CW supposed to be specialized for ranged combat? (I assume that the secondary effects of both at-wills - the damage reduction and the rimefire aspect - are equally useful). I really dont understand this from a gamebalance pov.

EDIT: Will we get a free respec now, since the paragon trees are available?
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    orcult wrote: »
    I find it quite amusing that with the current proposed changes to TR and the crying there has been about their ranged abilities, that these abilities can make you a fully a ranged rogue. While I realise this may not be the finished article, it still made me chuckle a bit. I can already hear the crying hehe. Thanks for this.

May be they put it cause of all the crying of TRs over the ranged attack nerf.
    Hopefully this is balanced by TRs having to sacrifice some good passive to slot it, and if it's too powerful, it gets nerfed again, may be by reducing the distance from the target to make it work.
    Ranged Attacks of TRs got nerfed cause they were too powerful. I understand why TRs like the idea of taking down enemies easily with ranged Attacks while being stealthed. It's a cheap and easy tactic that kids probably love. But hopefully cryptic won't allow it.
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Those changes are the makings for an unkillable, tanky as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> DC right there. Talk about damage mitigation and all sorts of small surges of increased damage to enemies and temp hit points. Could be scary.
  • Options
    altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Those changes are the makings for an unkillable, tanky as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> DC right there. Talk about damage mitigation and all sorts of small surges of increased damage to enemies and temp hit points. Could be scary.

"LF1M need tank - DC preferred."
  • Options
    josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Except they would lose foresight, arguably DC's best dmg mitigation skill. Arguably.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    necro thread. and these screenshots, whether they were data-mined or on a test server at some point may not be the final version of what is released when module 2 comes out. so... do with that what you will.

this...........