test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New module clearly shows wrong conception of GWF and GF.

seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2013 in The Militia Barracks
There should be one weapon fighter class.
This class has choice of 2 paragon paths.
1st-swordmaster allow it to wield greatsword.
2nd-iron vanguard allow it to use shield + 1h sword.

GF paragon paths skills suck balls and are totally useless compared to GWFs,while GF will get WMS,crescendo,blitz and other core skills of GWF.

That <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cryptic want to do with gf/gwf paragon paths is a joke.
If u wanted to merge somehow this classes you had time in alpha/beta, now its too late.
Give gf and gwf normal paragon paths.
What do u think who will play gwf and gf after relase of new module?especially with added ranger.

If cryptic dont plan to completly change skills for paragon paths, that deal in new module sux.
Post edited by seraphid on

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    looks like gf will get a lot more then gwf from this fusion :( noone wonted gwf before in pve team i wonder who will take it when gf get wms ....
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why don't we wait until we actually see the proposed changes, in full, before we go all Chicken Little up in here, ok? :cool:

sky-is-falling.jpg
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    You think that is the only error? What is with the feats, that increase a special skill from the paragon? Like Improved Reaction, Stunning Flourish, Staying Power or Grim Promise? These all(maybe i forget one or more feats their effects dependent on a special skill) increase one Paragon skill. So what happened with them? Gain additional effects? Become useless for the wrong Paragon choice? Mixing is a bad idea... The PTS will show what happened.
  • Options
    neskolfneskolf Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2013
    So, if I'm understanding correctly, GFs and GWFs will still have the same power tree up to level 30. At that point, they will have 6 paragon paths to choose from? And will they be able to select feats from different class paragon trees (as opposed to intra-class paragon trees)?
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    looks like gf will get a lot more then gwf from this fusion :( noone wonted gwf before in pve team i wonder who will take it when gf get wms ....

Surprised here and eager to test it, because I'd say Cleave is superior to WMS all around. Only thing I could imagine is debuffing with WMS and then Cleave everything down. But for my Conq GF I can't see why changing the paragon would make sense. I'll lose two premier powers in Frontline Surge and Trample of the Fallen and get little back in terms of DPS and AoE. Theoretically Crescendo is superior to Indomitable Strength for single targets, but why would you use it over Villain's Menace? Ferocious Reaction and Steel Defense are probably on par.

Talking strictly PVE.
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    So they say the other classes would be bummed if GWF/gf shared paragon paths????
    Now all GWfs and GFs are bummed because they release of new content will bypass them completely.. And these are the most trodden on classes already and the devs continue to just make it worse...

I'm actually shocked at how incompetent this dev team can be
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I honestly dont know how to feel about this. This needs to be on preview soon so this can be tested.

Cause the idea seems kinda okay on its own, but its not really bringing anything new to the table to either the GF or GWF. and they are getting the least amount of attention out of all of the classes as it is, especially GWF.

If anything this paragon switch helps GF alot more than GWF.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

A few of you keep saying that, but I'm pretty certain 99% of GF's would rather have their own Paragons than go anywhere near the mess that is GWF.

Because the main risk is that, even if they manage to make a one-off "sync" work (which cannot be easy at all given such different class mechanics), all further balancing would be on essentially the same class. And we all know just how badly balancing the GWF has gone...

I like my GF as it has finally become (though its design does not quite match much of the existing content) and I would rather see it improved on its on synergies and merits than inherit something much less refined and with less clear intent for now and all future.

I suppose the deed is done by now, though. So, we'll just have to wait and test.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013

How?

Comparing my GF and my GWF, I don't see how this could possibly benefit my GF.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I just don't see how this is going to work

So both classes would have to have access to eachothers skills... That would be a huge amount of skills..
    I think alot would need to be reworked though

It all sounds confusing... I was hoping this module would address alot of the fighter issues

But it feels like they will just be adding more
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    I just don't see how this is going to work

So both classes would have to have access to eachothers skills... That would be a huge amount of skills..
    I think alot would need to be reworked though

It all sounds confusing... I was hoping this module would address alot of the fighter issues

But it feels like they will just be adding more

Each Paragon Path consists of only 3 class features, one At-Will, one Encounter, and one Daily. So, it's not really a lot.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You wouldn't get my GF to touch a GWF paragon tree with rose tinted glasses and a 10'"pole.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As silvergryph mentions, only a handful of abilities for each class will cross over.

Iron Vanguard (currently only for GF) includes:

At Will: Threatening Rush

Encounter: Frontline Surge

Daily: Indomitable Strength

Class Features: Ferocious Reaction, Trample the Fallen, Enduring Warrior

Swordmaster (currently only for GWF) includes:

At Will: Weapon Master's Strike

Encounter: Flourish

Daily: Crescendo

Class Features: Steel Blitz, Steel Defense, Steel Grace

Soon, both the GF and GWF can pick whichever package they want, Iron Vanguard or Swordmaster.

Paragon Feats available to both the GF and GWF that reference any of these abilities will also have to be adjusted to accommodate the fact that either class can have either set of abilities (ex. Battle Trample in Tactician Feats will have to have some way to accommodate that a GF may not have access to Trample the Fallen, due to choosing Swordmaster.)
  • Options
    vnpowavnpowa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As I am a new player I can't say much about how needed/effective trading paths would be, what I can say is that I was looking forward to a new path for GF and I end up with content I already know from GWF, I'm a bit disappointed :(
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    i would love steel defence plus steel grace on a tanky GF, as i would rly like frontline surge + threatening rush on a gwf:P Now what matters is underneath : what weapons will u use with those abilities and what happens with feat trees. Steel Defence plus shield is just insane same as Conqueror tree with a 2h spaming wms. So until we get a full information of the changes what has been announced means nothing.
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    this is just another way of cryptic saying they built this game for one class, i guess its nice that i did lvl a cw like everybody else. will still play gwf, but without any changes it might get boring playing a class that has 1 good at-will, 1 good encounter and bugged_as_hell unstoppable no mater how much i like playing guys with big swords.

dps gf migh get a lot from it wms and steel blitz, flourish isnt bad too

gwf get nothing. threatening would be good for marking but wms is much better, since sure strike is single target, maybe wicked + powerful challenge

as for feats, they will probably go fail as usual and dont change anything, unless its some weird star alignment that happens every 1000 years and they actually change feats, it could be that same feats will have dual nature depending on paragon.

ive never been as pissed about an expansion in any game as i am about this one, but thats more about tr 2.0 instead of a new class

• Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    frontline surge is what roar used to be in terms of ap gain and is alot better as utility... this will make sentinels and not only so much powerful. frontline plus takedown in pvp also works rly good. I see alot of nice things for my play style both for my gwf and gf.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is the laziest ****ing thing ever.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited October 2013
    I think im gonna drop GWF and make a new GF, why.... besides mobility, GWF has AOE WMS which we always use.. but now, GF which can take on adds more efficiently is now having AOE less the CAP penalty of gwf. LOL.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vnpowa wrote: »
    As I am a new player I can't say much about how needed/effective trading paths would be, what I can say is that I was looking forward to a new path for GF and I end up with content I already know from GWF, I'm a bit disappointed :(

Instead of being disappointed you may be better off exploring the new options open to you. Familiar abilities in new surroundings can result in a different whole worth pursuing.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    and it is also other questions:

1 - what is the ratio of damage between the two classes using the same power?

2 - how to work with this new Atwill using unstoppable / sprint?

3 - Being the new gwf disproportionately better, the old way will be improved too? And if they already they are already balanced?

4 - there is an improvement, jointly or severally, in what proportion will be compared to other classes?

In any case, no point in dreaming too much. If we become weak, things will continue as they are, the class only works on the basis of dedication / "love." If we stay strong, suffer nerf ... together.
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Did I get right that GWFs can now pick Threatening Rush?
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    hdrcruzhdrcruz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Did I get right that GWFs can now pick Threatening Rush?

Yes.

Flourish and Steel Defense sounds nice on a GF. Still have the feeling that we got the short end of the stick... again...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    hdrcruz wrote: »
    Flourish and Steel Defense sounds nice on a GF. Still have the feeling that we got the short end of the stick... again...

I would trade Indomitable Strength with Crescendo, especially in tactician PvP (daily per 20sec), but I guess Indomitable Battle Strike, can't compete with Bull Charge. Anyway, let's wait and see :)
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    indeed changes are comprehensive .

Our damage output - or mine - has 4 problems .

1 - it is "heavy" , but limited to 5 opponents .

2 - we are at the mercy of the goodwill of the group not to scatter the enemy .

3 - I do not have a "first round " because the cw clean almost everything before.The which basically leaves us to split damage with gf / rogue / + cw against tougher enemies .

now regained our initiative besides having a displacement VERY high, and work very well with rangers atacks ... but everything has a price ...
  • Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe I'm confused... But I thought it said Paragon Path's (Conquerer, Tactician, Protector)... Threatening Rush, Cleave, etc are all powers/feats and don't fall under the Paragon Tree. If that's the case, GWF's still wont have acces to those abilities any more than a GF will have access to the GWF abilities. I think people are confusing powers/feats with Paragon paths. Or.. Like I said, maybe I'm the confused one.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    jeepin wrote: »
    Maybe I'm confused... But I thought it said Paragon Path's (Conquerer, Tactician, Protector)... Threatening Rush, Cleave, etc are all powers/feats and don't fall under the Paragon Tree. If that's the case, GWF's still wont have acces to those abilities any more than a GF will have access to the GWF abilities. I think people are confusing powers/feats with Paragon paths. Or.. Like I said, maybe I'm the confused one.

I guess that the choice between Iron Vanquard or Swordmaster will take place when you are able to spend the 30th heroic point. So, the changes refer to the lower half of the power tree. No idea about the shaping up of the Paragon Trees, but as far as I understand, if you choose (for instance) Iron Vanguard, the choice would still be Conqueror/Tactician and Protector.
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The Iron Vanguard paragon path for GF's includes an encounter that does knockback and prone, an at will that rushes to an opponent and marks enemies around them, and a daily that does knockback and prone. The class features are related to damage done to enemies marked, a self heal when they drop under 15% health, and another heal with each dead enemy.

GWF can use these to give us more diversity, for sure. And GF can use the GWF Swordmaster, as well. The swap is clean.

And it makes sense. We're both fighters. Meh.

My opposition? We get no new content. At all. That could've helped alot in our communities, but instead, we're left hanging.

This is all on a big IF, that if being if they do a swap. They may just give GF swordsman, and give GWF something new. But I doubt that.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jeepin wrote: »

Nope, you have it backwards. The Paragon Paths add an at will, three encounters, and a daily power. Not the same thing as the trees. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    CIp5XVF.gif