test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DD Queues making improper parties.

sapientcrowsapientcrow Member Posts: 57
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Here is a synopsis of my last 3 days of the queue during DD window.
Multiple times sent into a dungeon alone with no party and when leaving locked to instance. (Having to resort to gs drop fix)
Multiple times being sent into dungeon with a missing party member or multiple missing party members.
Multiple times having random people rotate in and out of the group when others leave. (totally random occurrence)
Literally at least half the time within the DD window spent dealing with bugs from queue.

How is it even possible they released a modern mmo with this queue system?
How is it possible for a moderately experienced coder to not look at it and go wow this thing is simply flat out broken and needs to be redone.
How is it possible still as of now it is still in the game? (At least with it outright removed there would be more variable chances to get groups inside lfg channel in the enclave)

Between the fact that the DD window happens for a measly 60 minutes each iteration or 180 minutes combined per day and the fact that gear is absolutely worthless outside this window how can it not be a priority to fix the bloody queue. There numerous functional queues in many modern mmos that actually work as of right now and even if they simply adapted the code it would take at most a week to write and implement it.

I know this is unlikely to be read by anyone who gives rats *** at the company but hey I was frustrated from being bugged yet again for a 3rd day of DD runs. And you wonder why people look for every single opportunity to bypass anything and everything inside dungeons...

60 min dd windows worthless loot outside of them buggy *** queue system and no option to replace party member or re-queue after activation.
Look ma I code html by hand in notepad and I refuse to evolve...
Post edited by sapientcrow on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Moved to bugs and renamed the subject line accordingly. Thanks for the report!
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2013
    I cant decide whether they want us to use the queue system or not. It is much easier to get a group in /zone or /lfg than it is with the queue system. But then you are an unknown quantity in a sea of other unknowns. I was hoping the q system would make it much more relaxed finding a group, cutting out all the /zone /lfg <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, which ultimately is totally random if you get invited or not(odds in your favor if you have a high gs).
  • yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is the #1 problem they need to fix. How can they expect people to go through 40mins-1+ hour to get a proper party for dungeons (even longer for CM-CN).
  • amadalusamadalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Moved to bugs and renamed the subject line accordingly. Thanks for the report!

I don't see why this is a bug. If the devs refuse to fix something, wouldn't that qualify it as a 'feature'? Sounds sarcastic, but unfortunately I'm being completely serious. Why is this a bug? Logic seems to indicate it's such, but how can it go on for 6 months now and not be addressed if it's a bug? I know on teams I've worked on any 'bug' that was not addressed for more than 60-90d was dropped from the queue, and therefore became just 'the way it is'.
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death
    http://loyaltodeath.enjin.com