test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preview: Masquerade of Liars, a Neverwinter Halloween event

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited November 2013 in News & Announcements
Do you prefer tricking friends? To be honest, we prefer treats ourselves. No matter what your preference is, you'll enjoy our upcoming Halloween-themed event, Masquerade of Liars, starting on October 29, 2013 at 10 A.M. PDT (Pacific)!

Check out a preview of the event: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1010171.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    :cool: Excellent. Where will I find my Beholder companion? How much will it cost? "Beholder Augmentation companion(ion stone) WITH an attack/buff/debuff skill" ;D~
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    throughwallthroughwall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited October 2013
    Nice! Can't wait for it.
    Sunshine - Trickster Rogue
    Gladiator - Control Wizard
    Death - Great Weapon Fighter
    High Priestess - Devoted Cleric
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is that a Spectator Beholder? Spectators are the True Neutral variant of standard Lawful Evil beholders, and would be a good reason why it isn't blasting everyone in sight. One of my favorite NPCs from the Baldur's Gate series was the Spectator who loved to break the fourth wall, IIRC.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    arontimes wrote: »
    Is that a Spectator Beholder? Spectators are the True Neutral variant of standard Lawful Evil beholders, and would be a good reason why it isn't blasting everyone in sight. One of my favorite NPCs from the Baldur's Gate series was the Spectator who loved to break the fourth wall, IIRC.

It is probably an illusion based on the text.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    arontimes wrote: »

Yeah , apparently there are guys in town who can transform how your character looks , I'd guess it will probably be random .
    Illusionists wander the streets and entertain the crowds with phantasmal transformations, appearing as monsters and notables to the delight of all
  • Options
    mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh no, no, no.. who wants a lousy transformation of character. Either transform comanion permanently, or an all new companion beholder.. win.. total win. ;D~
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd love an illusionist companion, who summoned illusory versions of monsters to scare/debuff enemies.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm very thankful the devs did something for Halloween. Best holiday in the U.S. seconded only by X-mas and Turkey-Day!!
  • Options
    fyresknightfyresknight Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is this going to be another unbelievably short event again? These things need to run for at least 3 weeks.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is this going to be another unbelievably short event again? These things need to run for at least 3 weeks.

It is going to be a week long.
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nerf ='re incompetent to fix once the dgs with his countless exploits! which is also equal to = buy "respec token" idiots because we ended up with another skill just like we did with the armor HV! or wait for new subjects to change class! and buy more because we need to empty these discussions do not lead to anything except the claim of the company to see you guys buying more and more as who decides here, not WE THE COMMUNITY! CRYPTIC CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE THE BEST! Now and again is the class of the magicians, but the next can be yours!
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hquadros wrote: »
    nerf ='re incompetent to fix once the dgs with his countless exploits! which is also equal to = buy "respec token" idiots because we ended up with another skill just like we did with the armor HV! or wait for new subjects to change class! and buy more because we need to empty these discussions do not lead to anything except the claim of the company to see you guys buying more and more as who decides here, not WE THE COMMUNITY! CRYPTIC CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE THE BEST! Now and again is the class of the magicians, but the next can be yours!

Dude , are you high?
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not sure if its already been ask.
    but i want to make a request.

Orange black dye, Orange as primary and black as a secondary color
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    artanisen wrote: »
    Not sure if its already been ask.
    but i want to make a request.

Orange black dye, Orange as primary and black as a secondary color

Probably too late for them to put it in as they have likely finished the work on the event since it goes live in a few days. So just hope that if they added a dye to the event, that it is in the colors you want.
  • Options
    ieatgurlsieatgurls Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Gotta Catch em All!
  • Options
    shadowluis1shadowluis1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Orange and Black would be Soooooo Sweet.... And Dont forget the Candy !!! New Race Vampire !!! A Scarecrow Golem Companion... What would make a D&D Halloween Mount ?
  • Options
    sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The events are fun, but I generally stay up waaaaay to long, trying to get rewards for my characters. I like when there is enough time during the event to get the event rewards I'd like, especially when rewards are randomly distributed. (Midsummer event gave lots of time, and rewards were not random *big thumbs up*)

Curious to see Illusionists and more details on Masquerade of Liars event. It starts tomorrow morning, and preview page said there will be more details, but they aren't showing yet!!!! Please hurry and post them!!!
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    No official word on the Skeleton companion? Is it a blue? Or another green?
  • Options
    lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    not seeing the event anywhere
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No official word on the Skeleton companion? Is it a blue? Or another green?

Purple

Because it isn't 10am Pacific yet.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Starts in 50 minutes.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    saltpastillensaltpastillen Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And suddenly its green, even on the newspage (where it was also purple to begin with)

Cute ninjafix.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    That stinks.. I wanted a purple for once..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    charisrawrdcharisrawrd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Orange and Black would be Soooooo Sweet.... And Dont forget the Candy !!! New Race Vampire !!! A Scarecrow Golem Companion... What would make a D&D Halloween Mount ?

Vampire isn't a race >.>
    Full steam ahead ;D
    TR Charisrawrd@charisrawrd
    DC KokiriG@charisrawrd
    CW EmoryG@krustyduck
    Previously of the Mindflayer server
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Cool looking event, you can see alot of thought and work went into it, shame it can not be said for the very disapointing rewards , absolutly nothing usefull at all.

Was realy looking forward to it with all my characters, but now i'v seen it on one i'm not going to bother. at least with the previous events, which were random and not celabrating any special yearly dates there was reasons to actually grind and take part, this event even though it marks halloween as next to no rewards.
  • Options
    elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Vampire isn't a race >.>

Actually in 4e D&D it's both a Monster Race, well template added to a race anyhow, and a class AND they have some "vampire heritage" feats to make Dhampir style characters, AND there's the Vryloka race which is some sort of "living vampire" race, so in theory you can make a Vampire-Blooded Vampirc Vampire Vampire, a Quadruple Vampire :D
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Like the art work for the event. It's cool to see PE at night as well. Those that wanted an Orange and Black dye pack got it. Some of the tongue in cheek humour is good. The grind is absolutely boring, the rewards are more than lackluster, and the Mask is once again overrun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Like the art work for the event. It's cool to see PE at night as well. Those that wanted an Orange and Black dye pack got it. Some of the tongue in cheek humour is good. The grind is absolutely boring, the rewards are more than lackluster, and the Mask is once again overrun.

Just what i was thinking , visualy the event looks awesome and exciting but the quests and rewards dont realy warrant the time involved to grind, would have been nice to have some kind of quest chains, the quests we have got you can do in 15 mins, then all there is left is to look for pumpkins which is so easy and even more boring.

Top reward for spending hours and hours mindlessly grinding tokens is a 'green' companion, more of a booby prize imo.

realy disapointing for a annual event compared to the random summer festival and the coin events, they at least held your interest with usefull rewards at the end as a nice bonus for taking the time to play them.
  • Options
    zuodzieyzuodziey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I totally agree with you. Skeleton companion is useless on GWF and other prizes are poor. And I have to spend few hours exchanging pumpkins for tokens - boring.
  • Options
    darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How come when the blue quality masks were coming soon it said BOE but now they're BOP?