test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dear Devs: Please make a Modron Companion

masamundanemasamundane Member Posts: 45
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
They have next to nothing to do with Forgotten Realms, are strange to look at, and will be skipped over by nearly every other player ever.

Despite this, please make a Modron companion anyways. Do it for me.

Thanks.
Post edited by masamundane on

Comments

• Options
    ariella321ariella321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nordom was one of my favorite characters in Planescape Torment. I would love to see a modron companion.

I could see them being tricky to animate, though.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . Is there any information stating that Modrons still even exist? Mechanus was their home plane and also the home plane of Mystra. When Mystra died, the whole plane collapsed in upon itself, destroying everything within. I'd imagine they'd be a super rare "race" now, if any are still in existence. The only references of their existence that I can locate are all from pre-spellplague. As all Modrons were extensions of Primus and Primus was always in Mechanus (Dweomerheart, Mystra's Realm, specifically), I wonder if they even survived the collapse of their home plane?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . Is there any information stating that Modrons still even exist? Mechanus was their home plane and also the home plane of Mystra. When Mystra died, the whole plane collapsed in upon itself, destroying everything within. I'd imagine they'd be a super rare "race" now, if any are still in existence. The only references of their existence that I can locate are all from pre-spellplague. As all Modrons were extensions of Primus and Primus was always in Mechanus (Dweomerheart, Mystra's Realm, specifically), I wonder if they even survived the collapse of their home plane?

Theoretically, rouge Modron's would survive the loss of Primus; as they were already free of Primus' control due to 'flaws'. Without the Pentadrones hunting them down, rouge Modrons would possibly even have an easier time of things.

And if (big IF) they were to be made into companions, they'd most certainly be rouge Modrons.

*Sigh* I'm dreaming, I know...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What would the color of the Modron, in this case red, have to do with anything? :p
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    What would the color of the Modron, in this case red, have to do with anything? :p

Nyah, you. I totally missed that I did that...
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lol, I was reading it as actual rouge/red modrons the whole time thinking "gee I bet this would make sense if I knew any DnD lore at all." :o
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I considered going up and editing my earlier post, but then the after comments would make little sense.

I'll live with my error, and ask that everyone reads that as ROGUE MODRONS.

Thank you.