test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Voice Chat Bug, Chat Move Up.

themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi,

I've got this problem where my chat box sticks up twice as high from the bottom of the screen because of the area for people using voice comm. Is there any way to shrink or get rid of that bit? I've tried dragging the box wider and smaller, looking at the rearrange UI options, and in the chat options and cant seem to find anything. So Im left with this big blank space under my chat box without being able to lower it down.

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by themagicbum87 on

Comments

• Options
    misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Turn of voicechat, what me and most others have done.

Options > Chat > Square box saying "Disable Voicechat"
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited October 2013
    I figured it was this easy. Can't believe I missed that option when looking through there. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Turn of voicechat, what me and most others have done.

Options > Chat > Square box saying "Disable Voicechat"
    . . . . . Yeah, this is a known bug and unfortunately what MissSmoozie said is the only way to fix it. If you want to keep Voice on all you have to do is disable voice and then re-enable it when this happens. I strongly suggest to make an in-game bug report on this just to let them know how much it is still happening to folks. I'm going to move this to Bugs and rename this thread just to aid in reporting this, forum-side.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Relogging might fix it (not just changing characters -- actually relogging). Disabling voicechat under your options will definitely fix it, but then you have to remember to turn it back on when you log back in, so at that point it's just as easy to relog and see if it fixes itself that way.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Relogging might fix it (not just changing characters -- actually relogging). Disabling voicechat under your options will definitely fix it, but then you have to remember to turn it back on when you log back in, so at that point it's just as easy to relog and see if it fixes itself that way.

No one ever uses voice chat due to this bug, even opportunistically, so you don't have to remember anything. Just disable it. Problem solved.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    No one ever uses voice chat due to this bug, even opportunistically, so you don't have to remember anything. Just disable it. Problem solved.

My guildies often use it. Just saying. >.>
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR