test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reformulation prices.

mestremaxmestremax Member Posts: 43
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Everyone knows that the prices of items sold in NPC is totally disproportionate to the current system of commerce.

Problems in my opinion:

1. Items Blues sold in NPC's with values ​​astronomical, blue item level 60 1mi AD.
  2. Scroll to return to town 4k AD, all this only for ticket back to town?
  3. Companions with limited level with extremely high values to get them progressed.
  4. Values ​​to remove the Runes/Enchantments is something that harms the players has a high value disabling many players from progressing in this regard.

Possible solutions:

1. Recalculate the values ​​of the items sold in NPCs making them accessible.
  2. Put the scroll with a price affordable to everyone(preference for gold).
  3. Remove the cost to evolve companion can evolve it continuously without need AD for this but giving the player the ability to evolve your companion moderately quickly with the use of AD or Zen (the experience gained by the companion would be increased considerably to counter-balance but not something that is impossible to achieve).
  4. Runes and enchantments should have reduced the prices to remove, suggest that the green stones (rank 4 and below) should be able to be removed for free. The other stones have their values ​​changed, with the initial value (rank 5 stone) valued stone rank 2 and final value removal (stone rank 10) with the value of stone rank 7, based on the values ​​of this page: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Enchanting

Some explanations about my opinions.

Recalculate the value of items in NPCs and the value of the scrolls returns to the city is something that should have been done not only in my opinion but of several players.
The companions in the game is something that really influences the fight (PVE) and changes mentioned above would only bring benefits to players and would not bring any injury in the system of commerce.
In a matter of Runes and Enchantments, the reduction values to remove them no harm at all the progress of the game as to achieve high values ​​stones it takes much more than remove them from the items, more is needed other items that have a high cost value.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While I agree with you, I also know PWE/Cryptic will probably do nothing of the sort since these items bring them money.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ADs are money. Not directly, but they can be converted into Zen, and if people are not spending ADs on <whatever>, then they are saving them up for things that would otherwise cost $$$.

Not exactly a lot of motivation to drop prices in the game on AD items, so that players can then proceed to spend less actual dollars on the game, too.

Besides, none of the AD stuff is needed. ID scrolls are undeniably useful, but even they are not strictly required.
    A teleport to PE scroll? It could be a million ADs for all I care. You can walk (or ride) back to PE. If you are in such a hurry to get back to PE, then pay the price.
    Gear? I can go into a zone and collect bounty marks that I can trade in for seals with which to purchase blue gear. And it's not like that blue gear is going to make a huge difference to me as I level up.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I figured out that the cost of removing enchantments is based on the cost of buying them at the Wondrous Bazaar. It actually is cheaper to remove an enchantment than to buy it at the WB. The WB only sells enchantments up to rank 3, but the prices make "sense" scaling up accordingly. It still doesn't make sense with the state of the economy in the game, but I fear that an effort to bring the prices in line might take the shape of reducing enchantment drops, and nobody wants that.

By the way, low-level enchants are so abundant, you shouldn't feel bad about destroying them. Sell gear with them socketed. You can also upgrade an enchantment by overwriting it. Just slot in a new one. No recovery cost involved.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Not exactly a lot of motivation to drop prices in the game on AD items, so that players can then proceed to spend less actual dollars on the game, too.

That's not the way it works.

Due to the Zen Market if people have more AD or more reason to purchase Zen with AD (such as this weeks Ioun Stone Sale) the price per Zen in AD increases. There's no true correlation to the company gaining less items because players are trading AD into Zen as Zen is not artificially placed into the market. All it does is increase the price of Zen when players have more AD to spend on Zen.

As such, lowering the AD Sink costs should actually reduce the AD in the game which should also reduce the price of Zen per AD. Since all Zen in the game at one point or another had to be purchased so the company wouldn't lose any profit.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1. Cosmetic: those super expensive blues (including in Tarmalune bars) are for transmutes not for general use. Acceptable AD sink.

2. Instant travel: given mounts are a key part of both the business model of the game and probably the single most useful investment per character and per account, an expensive teleport scroll is hardly surprising. Acceptable AD sink.

3. Companion upgrade costs: yup, ok, this one makes no sense (people have run the calculations), especially for combat companions which get triple whammy'd compared to augment companions overall. Unacceptable AD sink.

4. Removal/unbinding enhancements, runestones, enchants: for most players, most of the time you overwrite these resources NOT remove or unbind them. If you have committed something so expensive that it works out to be better to remove it than overwrite it, then you are more than able to afford the removal! Acceptable AD sink.
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The companion upgrade cost needs to be more in line with the cost of a companion in the Zen Store. As it is now it cost at least 50% more to upgrade a companion than it would cost to buy one of the same quality from the Zen store (of course these prices need to be lowered too, but that is another topic). It would be hard to match it perfectly because the AD/Zen ratio fluctuates constantly, but they could at least get it closer than it is now. They could even sell an upgrade token in the Zen store to make it easier and have the total cost of upgrading from white to purple be around 3000 Zen (well, first drop the price on all companions, then make it equal. LOL).
  • rondo5150rondo5150 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have just found out that people are posting things of little or no value on the AH for 100,000,000 AD. This is insane!
    I have also seen in Fey campaign that you buy a box for 3 of each items you collect and 10,000 AD for an item in the box that is not worth more then 3,000 AD salvaged. There is another thing under professions. You need 4 Primordial Goo to make 1 crystal, but you need 1 crystal to make 2 primordial goo? I have also been shorted on many items from AH.
    I bought a box on AH that said it contained 6 items ( not may contain one of 6 ) but 6 items! When I won the bid and opened the chest it had nothing. I also had email come back from the AH saying I got AD for a sale, but AD was never attached to the email. There are so many things I have found wrong with this game I could go on for a month and still not cover everything I have found wrong in this game, plus the fact that when you report something it never gets replaced, fixed, or sometimes even answered.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Aside from the Companion Upgrade cost, all of the other items you mention are for convenience. Anything that makes life easier and/or is mostly pointless will be expensive, that's just life. As others have pointed out the Companion Upgrade cost makes it cheaper just to buy a new one from the Emporium, Trade Bar Merchant, or Zen Store. Then again as also mentioned, most companions are not worth the cost to upgrade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rondo5150 wrote: »
    I have just found out that people are posting things of little or no value on the AH for 100,000,000 AD. This is insane!
    People are free to ask as much AD as they want for the items they post in the AH. The important part is not how much they ask for their item, but how much other players are willing to pay.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you are going to suggest changing AD prices then include changing the cost to upgrade mounts. No way it should cost over 2 million AD to upgrade a mount from blue to purple. You could just buy a couple of purple mounts for the upgrade price.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • glanngalladglanngallad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This game is totally skewed as far as AD fees for rune removal, etc. I think that the AH prices are market driven and will even out as people get geared, leave game, or run out of AD, etc. This is the first MMO I have played that has such a convoluted market. Want to craft? Need high level tools or crafters? You can only get them by using real money to buy them via Zen, or trade ADs for Zen OR buy them on AH from someone that used real money to get Zen to buy them in mystery gamblers box. And good luck when you open a gamblers box......most likely a useless pot..........
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This game is totally skewed as far as AD fees for rune removal, etc. I think that the AH prices are market driven and will even out as people get geared, leave game, or run out of AD, etc. This is the first MMO I have played that has such a convoluted market. Want to craft? Need high level tools or crafters? You can only get them by using real money to buy them via Zen, or trade ADs for Zen OR buy them on AH from someone that used real money to get Zen to buy them in mystery gamblers box. And good luck when you open a gamblers box......most likely a useless pot..........

People will never "get geared" because there are always new players and new alts that need gear and there is no way you can run out of AD because you can make 24k AD daily. Even if you don't reach the 24k cap, you can still make a whole bunch of AD literally out of nothing each day.
    You only need high quality tools if you want to start making a profit out of crafting. There is no point in buying high quality assets if all you want is a shirt and a pair of trousers for yourself. As for workers, you can create your own and never have to pay any Zen or AD for them. The higher quality workers only reduce the duration of the tasks.
    I can't say that I have opened hundreds of Lockboxes or Professional Packs like other people, but I can assure you that you never get pots from those. Also, you don't seems to understand the importance of the Zen Store. Without the Zen Store and people that are willing to pay real money for Zen there is no game. Someone did pay real money for those professional assets in the AH and that is a good thing because they are supporting the game and because those assets are now available to free players.
    Yes, the game has a lot of problems, including with pricing, but it seems that you have even more problems. I am a completely F2P player - never bought anything with real money in this game and I'm doing fine. If you find yourself having so many problems, read a few guides or ask for help on the forum. I know that are people here that are very happy to help other players.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • mestremaxmestremax Member Posts: 43
    edited October 2013
    Without the Zen Store and people that are willing to pay real money for Zen there is no game.

Without really selling items for real values ​​there is no game but what the players want is diversity at a good price.
    Do not put the mounts on the topic because I think it is better to go slowly to see if we can get something.
    There are mounts for sale in Zen Market with the same speed of the sold NPC if prices are more affordable these mounts would be sold with frequency because the players want is diversity at a good price for the same goes for the companions.
    It's cheaper to buy a new companion with a ranking greater than evolve existing.

Upgrade Companions, quality white to purple : 300,000+500,000+750,000 = 1,550,000 AD
    Upgrade Mounts, rank 1 to rank 3 : 768,000+2,064,000 = 2.832,000 AD

With the current values ​​to remove the stones and evolve the companions an item was created fully without utility called: Training runestone. which could be easily solved with changing prices according to the stone bonus offers.

At the moment only two options trade in Neverwinter:
    1. You buy Zen to get the items.
    2. You purchase AD third party to get the items (cheaper).
    3. Change for the better (optional).

The changes mentioned in this topic central and would only bring benefit to all even to PW, no real change only one option will prevail. Which option you bet 1 or 2?

One important thing to be said: Do not take as parameter other games, you can do better do better not to wait for others.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    If you are going to suggest changing AD prices then include changing the cost to upgrade mounts. No way it should cost over 2 million AD to upgrade a mount from blue to purple. You could just buy a couple of purple mounts for the upgrade price.

if i'm not mistaken, the mount training upgrades are only from white to green and green to blue. there is no upgrade from blue to purple.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    if i'm not mistaken, the mount training upgrades are only from white to green and green to blue. there is no upgrade from blue to purple.

I have no idea how this implements in-game because I've never done it, but mount quality as indicated by item colour and mount speed don't directly correspond. White and green mounts are both 50% speed increase and at least one blue mount grants 110% speed instead of 80% (war horse from Guardian pack).

I'd assume the mount training 1 takes your mount from 50% to 80% and 2 from 80% to 110%, regardless of other factors.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mestremax wrote: »
    Do not put the mounts on the topic because I think it is better to go slowly to see if we can get something.
    There are mounts for sale in Zen Market with the same speed of the sold NPC if prices are more affordable these mounts would be sold with frequency because the players want is diversity at a good price for the same goes for the companions.
    If you're not going to go for big changes, then there is no point. At best you'd just wind up with them cutting prices at 10% again. Which they already did in the past. And had almost no noticeable affect. IMO the cost of mount upgrading is also hurting their Zen sales. I know I would have bought the Orange Tiger from the Zen shop if it didn't cost twice as much to upgrade it to Rank 3 than it would to buy it in the first place.

melodywhr wrote: »
    Ignore the colors. There are 4 colors but only 3 ranks of mounts. That's why there are only 2 mount upgrade tomes. The colors don't match the rank of the mount. There are both green and white rank 1 mounts. And green and blue rank 2 mounts.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Removing Enchantments/Runestones
    Too expensive, it's easier and cheaper to buy new item + new enchant sometimes, then remove enchant from current item. I'd like to see this price to be changed to gold.
    Upgrading companions
    AD price should be kept but reduced like 3 times.
    Transmution vendor items
    AD value should be kept.
    Transmutation cost
    AD price should be kept, but reduced like 2 times.

Also, I'd like to make dyeing items cost gold, just to sink this useless currency.

Also2, reduce respec Feats cost. It's cheaper to buy FULL RESPEC TOKEN THEN RESPEC FEATS ONLY FFS, how can this even exist.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Prices really should be looked into. For example also mount training. I'd like to have a lower level mount (because the horses look much better imho) but then upgrade it to rank 3. The process in total should be max. a little more expensive than buying a rank 3 mount. It should not matter if you upgrade a mount or an epic mount. Both should be similar in prices.

Also the enchantment removal is much too high. With the Sharandar campaign even new players can easily obtain 4 armor and weapon shards. If they are lucky to get a coal ward from invoking then you can fuse it. But you might not have the final armor yet, so either you wait or you waste your enchantment. I say waste because removing it costs over 100k AD.