Options

Cant load game

13»

Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    A workaround for the problem is to hit the cancel button that pops up, then hit patch and finally play. Should be able to load in normally.

I can confirm that this works. As I got the crash also. tried again and hit cancel when it went to patch. waited for the button to come up and clicked patch. hit play and loaded into the char screen
  • Options
    durgabhairavidurgabhairavi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A workaround for the problem is to hit the cancel button that pops up, then hit patch and finally play. Should be able to load in normally.

I tried again and the workaround works. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    emmalineremmaliner Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Finally got on - crashed again, then when it asked to verify the files, let it start, then clicked cancel and play again, and got on.
  • Options
    b2owb2ow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    v1rus89 wrote: »
    Same here.

Same problem as all others have mentioned. I suggest we wait for the company to address this and not do a re-install and all the hours that will take.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    b2ow wrote: »
    Same problem as all others have mentioned. I suggest we wait for the company to address this and not do a re-install and all the hours that will take.

According to Sominator they applied a fix. Might be fixed now.
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2013

OMG it worked Dardove, thx your a genius.
    Why is this happening though?
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    talanar82talanar82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Too late, I thought the problem was on my side, with my computer, uninstalled the game -_- Now waiting for ages to download again, plus they made me install this Arc <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :/ It would have been nice if they said something on their facebook page or anywhere instead of promoting the stupid Lillend pack lol
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sorry to hear that Talanar. As I understand it, Arc shouldn't be required besides for the initial installation. Just use the executable in the Neverwinter folders to bypass Arc.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sorry to hear that Talanar. As I understand it, Arc shouldn't be required besides for the initial installation. Just use the executable in the Neverwinter folders to bypass Arc.

Thanks, at least I know that now :)
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    talanar82 wrote: »
    Too late, I thought the problem was on my side, with my computer, uninstalled the game -_- Now waiting for ages to download again, plus they made me install this Arc <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :/ It would have been nice if they said something on their facebook page or anywhere instead of promoting the stupid Lillend pack lol
    Ditto. :mad:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So, after downloading 4 GB of the game, I turned off on-demand patching (coz i don't want to have "server not responding" message on every loading screen), restarted client to download the additional 4 GB. I leave my computer running through the night, I wake up to find the game NOT patched with an error 36: the file that needs to be patched is locked. On the forums, I saw people would solve this by running as administrator. I did that and now it's downloading 8 GB all over again. Where did the 4 GB I already downloaded go? AND FOR GOD'S SAKE, WHY IS DOWNLOADING THIS GAME SO COMPLICATED??? WTH??? Do you want us NOT to play or what?
  • Options
    chaosbarbarianchaosbarbarian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Im launching it thru arc and yesterday the launcher came up never got to say patch and crashed, reported it, it appeared fixed then and this morning it doesn't even give me the option of clicking play after i sign in!

seriously for a game that "needs" u to log in regularly for praying and jobs they need this fixed quick
  • Options
    terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited October 2013
    Yesterday, after the mainteanance, I played for some time good and well. Then came the chat/mail bug. I wondered that what is that and then I reloaded game few times, no help. Oh well 1 hour break and then I try to go back to game, it crashes each time quite right after the start from the launcher, on "cryptic" text.

Now this came after mainteanance, which had obviously nothing done. So what did go wrong? Could we get someone from support to answer or do you ignore us, like usually?

ps. haven't tried it today, since it's 10.40pm in here and I am at work. Hope it's fixed :mad:
  • Options
    joniticusjoniticus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I tried to log in this today before work, to invoke /craft, around 3:30 pm 10:30 now. and can't log on : *( ... I hope it comes back up so I can invoke soon = /
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No one can. There is a network problem. There is a huge topic in the general discussion forum on this.