test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how do you succed in the action house?

jmysteri0jmysteri0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm a level 32 currently, and I don't have many astral diamonds but I'd like to do some of the things in the game that require astral diamonds. What are some tips you guys have for the auction house? I heard that selling mercs was pretty good.
Post edited by jmysteri0 on

Comments

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sell blue gear:)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm not a great money maker, but I've usually got more than the allowed 24k from dailies and refinement per day - usually about another 10k or so AD on top of that. Sell blues and sell all the crafting materials you pick up in the course of your travels that aren't related in any way to the Professions you're interested in and levelling. I have 4 Professions (including Leadership, a must because you get refined Astral Diamonds from many of the tasks there), and everything that I get that doesn't relate to those Professions goes on the AH. Each item isn't worth much, but it all adds up.

Selling crafting mats is usually the "standard" way of making a steady little income in MMOs. (This is because there are always higher-level toons with lots of AD who want to level up their Professions quickly, and don't mind paying for the mats instead of grinding for them. Same in every MMO.)
  • devilshcooldevilshcool Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2013
    Don't bother earning AD below lvl 60, u can't get much. Anyway, u won't need to use a single AD till then.
  • muhacmuhac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Don't bother earning AD below lvl 60, u can't get much. Anyway, u won't need to use a single AD till then.

Not sure why u wrote this but im lvl49 and got myself a Ioun Stone and few more items with Leadeship Profession and selling items i get from Daily Invokation so it does have its use to grind AD as soon as u hit lvl10 start Leadership Leveling and Invoke every day u can make multiple chars so u have a bigger chance of getting the Coalescent Ward which sells for quite a sum of AD on the AH...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raisondjraisondj Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Farming mercs was way better during launch but prices have dropped since then ~1k ADs.

Just adding to farm event items and hold them for a while before selling.
    e.g. Sunite Garbs in Sep was worth 25-30k but now starts bidding from ~50k.
  • gerrakishargerrakishar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you don't really need AD up until level 60, don't buy your epic gear, you can earn it by doing dungeons or join a guild and do gauntlgrym. dailies is pretty good and try to get your leadership to 20, it gives some nice rewards at that level. (1600 rough AD and a large chest).
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As with any "business" (I call it business cause you are here to earn "money" aka AD) you need to find out the market.

What do people need/want? what is hard to find that you may willing to part for some extra AD? How to obtain that item "cheaply" and sell it on the market to make a nice profit?

Blue items, pets (drops) and materials usually are a good way to earn them. Remember to TAKE advantage of the gateway and level up your crafting while you are not at home (accessible via any smart devices and PC with internet access)

Another way to earn AD is to do your dailies (invoke, quest, missions) usually it shouldn't take too long but that should get you started.

Another method is what I call "day trader" (it is what stock trader who buy/sell in a single day) you find some popular item (check it out and do some research) and buy low and sell high. Keep in mind that you are paying AD for listing and final cost so put that into calculation (it is not profitable to buy 100 items at 10 and sell it at 12 since the listing + auction fee will eat up most of the profit you may need a spreadsheet if you want to do a lot of it - at least until you get the feel of it)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I had millions of ADs work their way through my hands while I still had characters only in their 40s. I briefly had a million on me while 46 or so, but that didn't last because of the need to keep the money moving. I ultimately invested a great deal in profession assets, but I also bought my first character a cat. This was through a mix of flipping items on the AH, and buying things cheaply that I could also use to produce more things to sell.

Identifying hot commodities is a big part of being able to make money, and nobody can really point at a specific item and say that one is your guaranteed fortune. Availability changes constantly. Limited-time items are a good example, but there are thousands of other people thinking the same thing and you might need to hold an item a long time to get the price you want.

You have to take your expenses into account. I used to fuse enchantments to sell, but that market became so depressed by undercutters that I got out of it entirely, because taking into account the cost of the preservation wards I needed, and covering the AH transaction fee, there was no profit left at the end.

Likewise, you'll see people selling crafted items for less than they could have sold the residuum for. Don't be that guy. There's money in crafting, but only if you do it intelligently and make items you can sell for more than the net (hypothetical) cost of the materials. The Tymora gift event was a big deal for me because it caused a ton of players to tank the crafting materials market. I'm still coasting along on the residuum and crystals I got from that. In this case, it's buy low... turn it into something else... then sell high(er).

You don't need to make enormous amounts on a single transaction. If you sell many, many lower value items, you'll do well for yourself.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • neskolfneskolf Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    Another method is what I call "day trader" (it is what stock trader who buy/sell in a single day) you find some popular item (check it out and do some research) and buy low and sell high. Keep in mind that you are paying AD for listing and final cost so put that into calculation (it is not profitable to buy 100 items at 10 and sell it at 12 since the listing + auction fee will eat up most of the profit you may need a spreadsheet if you want to do a lot of it - at least until you get the feel of it)

This is a great response. There are always opportunities for price arbitrage if you know how to look for them. The best way to gauge the approximate market bottom for something is to sort by Buyout (lowest to highest). I say appraoximate because prices fluctuate over time, and there are instances when someone will undercut the market to sell their item. Even so, a good baseline approximation can be made to work from.

Once I have a baseline, I'll do a couple of things. I'll sort by buyout looking for items with a buyout well below the average. But, in addition to this, I'll sort by most time remaining. Why? Because bargains (arbitrage opportunties) are most likely to be available when they are first posted. People are watching these prices, waiting to take advantage. Occassionally, a bargain can be had late in the auction cycle. But that's a rarity compared to the beginning of it.

Don't try to know the prices of EVERYTHING. There are too many segments. Learn the market for certain segments. Personally, I like to work with mid level enchants. I have a good idea of what level 3-6 enchants of any type should sell for and can identify a good price just by sight at this point. Nerdy? Heck, yeah! But I find playing the AH for an hour or so to be a great break from the mayhem of PVP and it makes me a nice bit of AD.

Good luck. Hope this helped.
  • devilshcooldevilshcool Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2013
    muhac wrote: »
    Not sure why u wrote this but im lvl49 and got myself a Ioun Stone and few more items with Leadeship Profession and selling items i get from Daily Invokation so it does have its use to grind AD as soon as u hit lvl10 start Leadership Leveling and Invoke every day u can make multiple chars so u have a bigger chance of getting the Coalescent Ward which sells for quite a sum of AD on the AH...

It's more effective to just spend time to lvl up to 60, than trying to do sell the stuff u get at lower lvl. Crafting lvl needs time to build up, and lvl 30 and lvl 60 will get an extra slot. I am assuming he doesn't use real money, so it's better to be at lvl 60 and farm/dungeon/daily/ protector daily/Shannar etc to earn AD to trade. It's easy to earn 50k AD/day at lvl 60.

Oh, u r right abt invokation. One way to earn quick money at low lvis to open multiple accounts and invoke daily. So 10 accounts, 20 toons at lvl 11, will get u 20k x 20= 400k AD a week just by selling the coffer items on AH. (Not sure whether is legal or not though)
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think thats kinda sad to have 10 accounts farming invokes on 2 characters per account. One would think you would eventually cough up 300 zen and buy 2 extra slots on at least one account, wow...sorry for saying this but, thats just cheap lmao!

I was under the impression a person could only have a maximum of 3 accounts per computer...Guess I am mistaken.

To the OP, please let me know where this "action house" is...I need some Action!