test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gold cloaks from waukeen event

skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please make them bind on equip. I have some characters with 3 cloaks, and others with none. I am ok with making them account bound if that is cool with everyone else.

I just don't need 3 cloaks for one character.

Now please if the opposition would speak it's voice.
Post edited by skarlspeed on

Comments

• silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have the same issue, also with the pantaloons :/
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm against making it bind on equip. That would actually make sense. Cryptic doesn't do things that make sense. THIS IS CRYPTIC LAND
  • perfectionagainperfectionagain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've also got an abundance of Cloaks, also made another thread but thought posting in yours would ease the pain of holding all those Cloaks - Strange !
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    skarlspeed wrote: »
    Please make them bind on equip. I have some characters with 3 cloaks, and others with none. I am ok with making them account bound if that is cool with everyone else.

I just don't need 3 cloaks for one character.

Now please if the opposition would speak it's voice.

I second, triple, quadruple and quintuple this!!!!

Anyone listening????? I doubt it but who knows...
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    +1. What am I suppose to do with all those pantaloons?
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The cloaks have no stats. They are used to transmute to change another item with stats into the cloak. It is a free transmute.
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You're missing the point Rhoric. It'd be nice to pass that transmutable cloak to other characters you have. If it's going to be bind on pickup the system should not choose that as an option to roll when deciding what you get. It should do you a solid and give you something else.
    Then there's the fact that there are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of necklaces that won't work at all. It makes getting a cloak pointless.
    I hope they look into this and fix it.
    edited October 2013
    Duh. No I am not missing the point. The cloaks are only for transmuting. Thats it. Nothing more. Nothing less. I got two. I used one on a current item that I will keep until 60 then use the 2nd on my lvl 60 item.
    edited October 2013
    Good luck trying to get a level 60 item that's useful it will work on. Most of us have a useless cloak. You are missing the point by what you posted on your second go around. The OP clearly asked for them to be Bind on Equip so he could use them on more than one character.
    He never asked for them to be useful. You were way off with your comments.
    edited October 2013
    If he wanted them to be used on another character then he should have created another char during the event got got one on that char. And I don't care if the neck slot item is useful or not. You have 11 other slots that you can put useful items in
    edited October 2013
    Ignorance is bliss. I get it.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Duh. No I am not missing the point. The cloaks are only for transmuting. Thats it. Nothing more. Nothing less. I got two. I used one on a current item that I will keep until 60 then use the 2nd on my lvl 60 item.

You can perpetuate a look by transmuting with a transmuted item, no need to waste inventory space.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    let's say i have five characters and getting a cloak for all of my characters is important to me. i farm for waukeen coin purses with my main and i mail purses/strongboxes/chests to all the characters i want cloaks for. boom. problem solved.

if you didn't think of this during the event... why should it be up to cryptic to change all of the cloaks to BoE?
  • yeahnubbyyeahnubby Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it should be BoE too. I also think it should be possible to transmute it onto a necklace
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    let's say i have five characters and getting a cloak for all of my characters is important to me. i farm for waukeen coin purses with my main and i mail purses/strongboxes/chests to all the characters i want cloaks for. boom. problem solved.

if you didn't think of this during the event... why should it be up to cryptic to change all of the cloaks to BoE?

Sounds like you are just trying to be contrary.

It would be a nice gesture and it should have been tradeable in the first place, and it is within their power to do so. That is why.
    edited October 2013
    Cloaks weren't that common to begin with. That seems a tad unnecessary to go to that length as you suggest.
    If ANYTHING Cryptic should have taken the time to make the transmutable item actually useable. Most necklaces aren't working with it. It's broken.
    Whether or not that's an oversight or just poor planning I don't know.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If he wanted them to be used on another character then he should have created another char during the event got got one on that char. And I don't care if the neck slot item is useful or not. You have 11 other slots that you can put useful items in

Aren't you quite the spoilsport. While it's nice that you love your useless cloak, you seem to have missed the point of the thread entirely.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »

I ended up with 6 pairs of pantaloons on a single character while I was trying to collect enough coins to buy him a weapon skin. I gave up on the idea of getting a cloak for anyone (even though I do like the look of it), because I hadn't even managed to collect enough purses to trade up to ensure everyone pantaloons. I got coins but no pantaloons on the guy where I *really* wanted the pants and did not want a skin at all, and then I had to go to sleep so I could work the next day.

I would love to have distributed the goodies among more of my alts, but it didn't work out that way. Account-bound goods would actually be a decent solution for something that is so very heavily dependent on RNG.

"Didn't think of" has absolutely no bearing when whether or not you actually get what you want is contingent on luck.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Making event drops BoP is stupid , loads of people end up having to junk items that they could otherwise sell to other players who couldn't take part in the event , makes no sense whatsoever..
    The cloaks have no stats. They are used to transmute to change another item with stats into the cloak. It is a free transmute.

Yeah , its a free transmute as long as you don't happen to be lvl 60 with an ancient necklace that for some unknown reason isn't able to be transmuted .
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    account bound items would be nice but as of yet we still do not have the ability to transfer existing account bound items from character to character. until that is implemented, there are other ways around the limitation... like the example i gave.

as for making them BoE, i completely disagree with that. making items BoP or account bound is an incentive to participate in the events. it also prevents the unnecessary flooding of event items in the auction house.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can perpetuate a look by transmuting with a transmuted item, no need to waste inventory space.

However, to use the item that you initially transmuted to look like the gold cloak, to change the appearance of yet another item, would now cost ADs, (as only the initial transmutation is free), and would destroy the previous item. Since we're talking about 50K ADs here at 60, I'd say the inventory space is worth holding onto another item...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    However, to use the item that you initially transmuted to look like the gold cloak, to change the appearance of yet another item, would now cost ADs, (as only the initial transmutation is free), and would destroy the previous item. Since we're talking about 50K ADs here at 60, I'd say the inventory space is worth holding onto another item...

Can you double transmute the same item?
    edited October 2013
    frishter wrote: »
    Can you double transmute the same item?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but you can either replace the skin multiple times on the same item (destroying the previous appearance in the process), or use your item as a skin to transmute an upgrade item to maintain your appearance (but destroying the old item so it can't be swapped back in or salvaged, etc.).

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »

When I tested it with a free transmute item, I was able to do another free transmute with the item onto another piece, all for free. The only loss was the destruction of the "pattern" pieces.
    Maybe that is not universal?
    edited October 2013
    Only the first transmute is intended to be free.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As long as you have a transmute item to transmute with it will be free. However want to carry the look over with an item you transmuted into that look, then it will cost you.
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The event is over so I don't think they will make the items BOE now, but hopefully they will keep this in mind for the next event they put together. BOP is ok IF you purchase the item with coins AND have other options available to spend the excess coins on. BOP with an RNG chest is a horrible idea and having a vendor that only sells one (or two depending on class) BOP item per class is not much better. If the Dark Forest lockboxes worked like this no one would buy keys.

I know the event was free.....we are just making suggestions on how to improve the events. It is all trial and error and hopefully the next event will be better.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but you can either replace the skin multiple times on the same item (destroying the previous appearance in the process), or use your item as a skin to transmute an upgrade item to maintain your appearance (but destroying the old item so it can't be swapped back in or salvaged, etc.).
    Oh sorry, I should've clarified that I meant transmuting an item to a gold cloak and then transmuting that item at a later time to another item to make it look like the gold cloak :D