test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gilded Dagger of Waukeen~

unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm not normally one to gripe about getting free stuff, especially where Neverwinter is concerned. But honestly I can't be the only one to think that the model for the dagger is messed up slightly....

(And I'm only posting this thread because I was over eager and transmuted it to my normal off hand weapon without checking it first, thinking it would look like the dagger on the display rack, see attached photo...)

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up before they end up with a fugly looking dagger.

screenshot_2013-10-20-04-17-03_zps5e436ea0.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Humm, I see your point *pause to fully take in the horrible pun*

It looks terrible, like the handle and blade proportions got switched.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Perhaps I should just hold it by the blade and bludgeon my foes to death, looks like that end would do more damage anyway....
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Looks like a dagger for backstabbing, not regular combat.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    All of the bladed weapons are kind of like that. All handle and very little blade. I actually thought the GF weapon was a small spear until I got it and looked at it closer. It looks like it is about 3 feet of handle and 1.5 feet of blade. The shield isn't too bad though. It has a lot of detail.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The proportions on that dagger are indeed quite odd. Just for the sake of argument, does it change at all when you are actually wielding it?

Here is the Waukeen GWF sword for reference:
    Talianagoldbladerear.jpg
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    would be nice of they changed proportions to the one in the rack
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Looks like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I vendored all mine.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Comparing what it looks like on the rack, to how it is in your hand its totally different.

On your character. The blade itself is noticeably shorter, as well as its missing the blue portion after the hilt as well, making it even shorter.

Looks awesome on the rack.

Very disappointing equipped.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Nope, dagger's proportions remain the same while using it.
  • Options
    l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2013
    Proportions of the weapons on the weapon rack look right. Lost something in translation. The 2H almost looks like a polearm, when on the weapon rack it clearly has the proportions of a sword.
  • Options
    swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Given the speed on a fix for the Savage Skull, i wouldnt be expecting a fix for this anytime in the near future.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    l3l3l3l3 wrote: »
    Proportions of the weapons on the weapon rack look right. Lost something in translation. The 2H almost looks like a polearm, when on the weapon rack it clearly has the proportions of a sword.

I think you're looking at the GF sword next to the shield, which should be a greatsword by its size but apparently is a longsword. The GWF weapon next to it looks like a polearm but smaller overall than the equipped model is.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    screenshot_2013_10_20_14_35_57.jpg

THE DC WEAPON IS THE WORST HOW CAN THEY DO THIS TO ME NO ONE WILL TAKE MY CLERIC SERIOUSLY I WILL BE LAUGHED AT AND KICKED OUT OF TEAM/
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013

THE DC WEAPON IS THE WORST HOW CAN THEY DO THIS TO ME NO ONE WILL TAKE MY CLERIC SERIOUSLY I WILL BE LAUGHED AT AND KICKED OUT OF TEAM/

It looks like an incense thurible, very traditional. Perhaps your DC is of an Eastern Orthodox tradition or very old school Roman Catholic? :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Most of the weapons look to be out of proportion and buggy. But the worst offender is the shield. Its not broke, just a dyed copy of a shield already in the game.

shield_zpscdcedb91.jpg

Im wearing a Shield of the Stalwart Bulwark. Other then a few minor tweaks to the lower half of the shield, they are identical. So for 40 coins, your pretty much getting a pre-dyed Stalwarts shield.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Most of the weapons look to be out of proportion and buggy. But the worst offender is the shield. Its not broke, just a dyed copy of a shield already in the game.

shield_zpscdcedb91.jpg

Im wearing a Shield of the Stalwart Bulwark. Other then a few minor tweaks to the lower half of the shield, they are identical. So for 40 coins, your pretty much getting a pre-dyed Stalwarts shield.

Okay seriously... Wth Devs? I'm not mad about the dagger, but I got one of those shields for my GF, and now I find out it's just a dyed version of another and looks nothing like the one on the rack? That's just cheap...
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    It's pretty much a slightly altered T1 shield. IIRC the Knight Captain and Valiant Warrior have the same design.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited October 2013

No. It's pocket-sized, perfect for traveling clerics :D
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    It's not just the proportions... the model is entirely different. The hilt and grip are completely different.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    It's pretty much a slightly altered T1 shield. IIRC the Knight Captain and Valiant Warrior have the same design.

Yea, thats my character in the image with a shield of the stalwart bulwark on her back, not the gilded shield. I was just showing the subtle differences, or lack thereof, between the two.
  • Options
    misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I must say, the DC and CW are the ones getting out easy, the only possible thing wrong with those weapons are the size, otherwise they're really nice imo, especially the CW one.
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The CW weapon:
    gTnt3yC.png
    sMOngmb.png
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The CW weapon:
    gTnt3yC.png
    sMOngmb.png

Ooh! That actually looks really nice!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    enzododenzodod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited October 2013
    I like the orb too, especially with terror enchantment to make the pearl white part black. It looks fine in PE and foundry, but the enchantment effect is messed up when I was in Sharandar killing mobs. The effect was in my hand instead of in the orb.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The GF longsword(transmuted onto my formarian and dyed, it's normally the garish bright gold)
    sHTGI85.jpg

Looks pretty good imo. Much better than the shield.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013

I was "lucky" yesterday with the coins dropping and got me one and was totally disappointed by it. It looks like he has nothing in the hand but a chain. There is basically no symbol showing up. Only a little stump shows above the hands. Terrible. We were tricked already with the CTA Tiefling weapon, that looks terrible, the purchasable Sharandar fey symbol looks bad, too, and the flower symbol from the flower-picking event was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as well.

That is why I really vote for a weapon revamp for the cleric. Seriously, just google for D&D cleric and you will see what I mean. I want a hammer. Either one-handed or two-handed. Or maces, flails... the usual Cleric stuff that LOOKS COOL and make you a real battle cleric. This cross-like chain thing that always looks like a censer maybe useful in a ritual but does not belong on the battlefield. Hammers, maces, flails, morning-stars... you could add so much cool transmutes and looks to them.

Give me a hammer finally! Maybe then our weapon transmutables we can earn during events will finally look cool. I only can laugh at the moment at the cleric's looks and his combat animation thus looks horrible as well.
  • Options
    skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just hope the weapons don't get "wow or 40,k" size. I was never a fan of the WoW or warhammer art work, everything so huge and ridiculous looking.

As an owner of the sideways skull graffics I will plug a "please please please" again to fix it :)
  • Options
    atorzatorz Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Something pretty funny I found out, this blue orb looks just like the event one?

Not so special after all, lmao.

weird.jpg
  • Options
    xictusxictus Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Looks like they just turned the orb of storms on its side. Wonder if that was intentional or another variant on the savage skull issue (still not fixed btw). Either way I agree with the OP I was disappointed with the TR dagger skin on my character (was ok on the display rack). Its cool to have these events but it seems that items which are specifically for appearance change should be new skins, markedly different from existing skins, and not bugged (CW skull) or if bugged at least quickly fixed. I did like the skin on the GWF sword though so there was some good work here too. I just want the devs to keep improving.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Just picked up a shield to use for a transmutation to the Waukeen Shield for my GF, I was initially dreading it because I thought it was going to look nothing like the one that was on the rack, but to my surprise it looks exactly as it should. (At least in the preview) Did they fix the other skins too? o__o

WaukeenShield_zps5cdbdf52.jpg

If this is the case, I just wanted to say thanks to the Devs for fixing it. :D

(Yes I know that's my TR But I didn't get any coins with my alts.)