test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please fix neck items!

docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Currently, many of the items available for the NECK slot cannot have their appearance modified. As a result, all those nifty cloaks and capes that we pick up along the way end up sitting in our banks, taking up space, or being tossed into the ethereal landfill.

Personally, I was delighted to have earned my various Foundry cloaks. I'd really like to wear one! They're a reward for many, many hours of hard work. But I'm not willing to surrender the stats of my current neck gear for a moment of vanity.

Unless I'm missing something, there is no reason NOT to fix this (beyond the time involved in going through the database and setting a whole bunch of items to allow a change in appearance). Making an Ancient Slavemaster's Necklace of Control look like a Caturday Cape (or whatever) doesn't have any affect on gameplay. It's purely cosmetic. In fact, if anything, it creates another Astral Diamond sink because I'm assuming Cryptic will charge a typical fee for changing the appearance of an item.

But, oh, what visual diversity it will create in Protector's Enclave. :D

Please? Please-o-please-o-please?
Post edited by docsc00ter on

Comments

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Oh I was wondering what was wrong, I even bought a 2nd ancient neck b/c I thought my first one was just bugged b/c it was really old or something lol. Yes please fix this I want to finally use my caturday cape =P
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Yeah I think it's right, did they tell already why it's not working?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah I think it's right, did they tell already why it's not working?

I believe it is simply that there is no graphic at all for the Ancient neck items, so there's no appearance to change.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I have ancient brawlers neck on my DC. I can't change appearance. I bought a 2nd ancient brawlers, can't change appearance on that either. I bought a grand brawlers, can't change appearance on that either??? I can change neck appearance on other characters, is this bug only for the brawlers neck?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i would like to can transmute something on my ancient neck to
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not only would I love to see neck items made able to be transmuted, but I'd love to see the ability to display a guild cape/cloak, and for the various crafting professions to be able to craft a wide selection of 'free to transmute' pieces (neck pieces included).

Further, I'd like to see the race and class specific cloaks made free to transmute, as well as special ones like the Caturday Survivor cloak.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • yeahnubbyyeahnubby Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bumping this for Waukeen cloak - it's really cool, but kinda useless if it can't be transmuted onto necklaces