test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Chest

xwanguuxwanguu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've open at least 20 chests, my first 5-6 chests I got 3x 256K ad, the next 15 or so I have not gotten it anymore.
Is there a cap to this?
Post edited by xwanguu on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's just random and like everything else with RNG, very streaky. When it gets stuck on a good range of numbers, everything's golden. When it gets stuck on the other side, you fail at fusing rank 1 enchants or break 5 nature kits in a row.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • xwanguuxwanguu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It could be RNG, but it can also have a cap.
    Have anyone gotten 4 or more 256K RAD yet?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    One of my friends has gotten 1.5 million in RAD, so I doubt there's a cap.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pitshade wrote: »
    It's just random and like everything else with RNG, very streaky. When it gets stuck on a good range of numbers, everything's golden. When it gets stuck on the other side, you fail at fusing rank 1 enchants or break 5 nature kits in a row.

I once broke seven nature kits in a row. My CW was irate.

And yes, the RNG does stuff like that. Considering the variety of items you can get from the Waukeen chests, it'll end up giving you a wide assortment overall, even if it happens that the first few are the same thing all in a row.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The RNG is indeed very streaky, (or those just stick out in our minds so much that "regular" results aren't remembered). I only need 10 more coins to buy the weapon for my GF, and I get dye dye dye... *shrugs*
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's very random. My guild-mates have not gotten any while I have two 256K drops.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The RNG in this game is extremely streaky regardless of the chance of success, i.e. not RNG at all. So, when you get a fail streak, just change character or log off.
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    RNG is RNG. Random Number generator, with a low chance for the jackpot. That means that some will be luckier than others. What happens: you percieve reality skewered by your desire. Let's say the chance is 5 %. (Estimate, might be 10 % or 1 % afaik) Of course you expect to be lucky, but this expectation has no effect on RNG whatsoever. It just does it's thing. Rolls a random number between 1-100/100. it can be 20/100, it can be 78/100, what is important that roughly on average it will hit the pot 5 out of 100.
    If you expect to be lucky and you win, your belief in your luck is reinforced and an even stronger desire for another roll is generated.
    If you are not lucky, and roll a few misses, your morale might go down the toilet, yet RNG had just done it's thing. There is NOTHING wrong or streaky here. IT IS RNG. This is RNG.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sortof wrote: »
    RNG is RNG. Random Number generator, with a low chance for the jackpot. That means that some will be luckier than others. What happens: you percieve reality skewered by your desire. Let's say the chance is 5 %. (Estimate, might be 10 % or 1 % afaik) Of course you expect to be lucky, but this expectation has no effect on RNG whatsoever. It just does it's thing. Rolls a random number between 1-100/100. it can be 20/100, it can be 78/100, what is important that roughly on average it will hit the pot 5 out of 100.
    If you expect to be lucky and you win, your belief in your luck is reinforced and an even stronger desire for another roll is generated.
    If you are not lucky, and roll a few misses, your morale might go down the toilet, yet RNG had just done it's thing. There is NOTHING wrong or streaky here. IT IS RNG. This is RNG.

You are wrong.

If have a 75% chance of success (for example) and you have often 100 fails before you give up, something is wrong. This happens with, for example, kits in this game which have a very high nominal chance of success. Something similar like this has often happened to me on all my alts.

If you often see the very same person win both a roll of 100 and 1 in the same dungeon out of 3-4 loot drops (i.e. only rollling on boss loot and passing everything else), something is also wrong. This has happened to both me and others so often that I stopped counting.

It is not true RNG and the longer you play the game, the more you will realise it (the opposite should be true).

These general properties of randomness are not something I have ever seen in the many other MMOs I have played.
  • griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    The devs should look into the code for the RNG system they are using. The RNG system this game uses has to be one of the worst I've encountered.
  • spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    griffin230 wrote: »
    The devs should look into the code for the RNG system they are using. The RNG system this game uses has to be one of the worst I've encountered.

No, I've gotten 2M RAD to refine in a few chests.
    Other characters, I've opened 30 and got 1. Most were cloaks.

Question, the cloak is meant to be salvageable but I cant salvage it?
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They had an oops. Either the cloak is not meant to be salvageable and has the tag by mistake, or it's meant to be salvageable but salvaging isn't actually enabled for it (think there were a couple other purple items like that when the salvager was first added).
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    spanky2014 wrote: »
    No, I've gotten 2M RAD to refine in a few chests.
    Other characters, I've opened 30 and got 1. Most were cloaks.

Question, the cloak is meant to be salvageable but I cant salvage it?

It doesn't meet the requirements for salvaging. It has to be a level 60 purple. The tag is a mistake.
  • throneofnwothroneofnwo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've have only opened 8 chest
    1 x 250RAD
    7 x 40 WCoins
    I used up 80 for my wep skin but what am I gonna do with 200 coins.
    I hope they let us get something out of these abundance of coins by maybe trading them for wc purses or gold dyes or why not Golden Cap.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1 x 250RAD
    7 x 40 WCoins
    I hope they let us get something out of these abundance of coins by maybe trading them for wc purses or gold dyes or why not Golden Cap.

LOL, sounds like me. I opened 7. First one I got the pants. Next 6 in a row I got coins. After that I decided to switch to just opening the smaller bags.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Must be nice i opened 3 chests, got a crappy tranmute item for the coins then 2 pairs of gold underwear. I gave up after that.

They think im gonna buy keys now, they are kidding themself 8)

I think the people that REALLY cashed in this weekend was the botters. I seen a guy in AH had 10 stacks of 250 bags for sale. Again must be nice.
  • drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1 x 250RAD
    7 x 40 WCoins

7 x 40 WCoins <--- This

The only thing that you can buy with the coins are transmutable items. The rest sit in your coin purse gathering dust. They did not think to place other items you can buy like dye and teleport scrolls. Who QA this whole event? I just read a thread that shows how the weapons skins don't match the ones displayed.

So on Monday, those Waukeen bozos leave town and leave us with a bunch of useless items. They are laughing all the way to the bank. LoL
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Got two golden pantaloons. With the same char. I could dye them with the gold dye packs I also got, but I bet the pantaloons will remain golden.
    English is not my first language.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The pantaloons turn silver if you use Helmite dye on them, which is pretty nice. Red looked good too. I should see how the Lliira dyes look.

I really wanted the sword skin for my GWF. Opening purses was giving me 80% potions which I really do not need more of, so I traded up for the middle containers. He now has 6 pairs of pantaloons (I could dye them all different colours and wear a different pair every day?), enough rough AD to keep him refining for a month, 50 dye packs, 24 teleport scrolls, 4 dragons eggs, a bunch of blue resources... and finally, finally enough coins for a sword (the greataxe look had to go).

I wanted pantaloons for my elven TR, but he kept getting coins until I had to give up and go to bed. And I really hate how the Waukeen daggers look, overall, but especially compared to the natural look of the ones he uses.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia