test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Idea] A good way to fight abusers!

naomlnaoml Member Posts: 31
I like to check Auction House sellers's character sheet.

Lately I noticed a growing amount of level 4 characters, which are selling Perfects and Rank 10s, obviously it doesn't smell right.

I thought, why there is no level cap (50 maybe) for selling Epic gear on the Auction House? (especially rank 7+/lesser+ enchantments)

As I see it, it will make the abusers life much harder > in order to make 'selling mules' they will have to level a character, which takes atleast a day or two.
Or use their real character and then lose it when they get banned.

I may be wrong, but I see no reason for a level 4 to sell Epic gear and a normal player should not feel the limitation.

Thank you for reading :D
-Sora.
Post edited by naoml on

Comments

• Options
    zacharus85zacharus85 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont know about you, but there's people out there who legitametly play this gaming using low lvl characters as banking characters, since bank space is quite costly, it's a way to keep some bag space free from your main characters.
    Chronic Disorder is looking for more members, if high-end pve progression in a small guild is something for you, check us out on http://chronic-disorder.enjin.com
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zacharus85 wrote: »
    I dont know about you, but there's people out there who legitametly play this gaming using low lvl characters as banking characters, since bank space is quite costly, it's a way to keep some bag space free from your main characters.

Yep. Just around the lines of what I was going to say.
  • Options
    naomlnaoml Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2013
    Banking is understandable (I have alts also), but do you sell items with your level 4? and if it's on a different account, will you lose 10% twice for moving the money?
    My guess is that you sell stuff with your main, like 99% of the players.
    This will only affect people that have a strong reason not to sell items with their main, like getting banned.
  • Options
    zacharus85zacharus85 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would yes, let me give you a bit of background...
    I used to play this mmo from blizzard, and the last year of playing it, playing the AH was one of the things that kept me very busy, i had 3-4 lvl 1 bank alts that would handle all my selling.

You are thinking as a regular player that sells a few items/week, there are plenty of players who enjoy playing the economy of an mmo, which takes lots of bag space to bulk buy/sell, this takes inventory slots that no main character could ever be able to miss.
    Would you like to run around with 15-20 bag slots filled with items you bough to sell a week or a month later?
    Not to mention that the ah selling slots per char are limited as well.

You need to try and get out of your narrow view of field that "legit" players would never sell allot on the ah, not everything that deviates from your way of playing is abuse of the game.
    Are people abusing low-lvl characters to engage in illegal activities? I don't know, they just might, but by setting a limitation in place you'll hit more legit players than abusers.
    Chronic Disorder is looking for more members, if high-end pve progression in a small guild is something for you, check us out on http://chronic-disorder.enjin.com
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's not really about low level chars. Sometimes, same char will suddenly sell stacks of 99 R6s for weeks. Waukeen event just started, in a few hours, some guy had 4000 purses on sale. Another time, same char has 10-15 Perfects to sell (at a relatively low price... so not your usual AH play)...

And so on.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    uhm, i notice too sometimes some "strange seller" like 7-8 stack of 99 stone rank 5-6. Seem like something find a new way for dupe item, or maybe a new way to farm them. In a day of farm ( my day, i did 5 hour of farming x.x ) i got only 10-15 rank 6 maybe. Uhm maybe take a better look to the stack seller could be a nice idea, since they sell it for gold seller AD ammount ^^
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The only thing I wonder about is why people leave their AH seller characters at level 4, when they could leverage them further by also using them to invoke for a chance at wards.

Though I personally know a guy who plays the Neverwinter AH but will sometimes absent himself for weeks at a time, so I guess not having to log in every day might be a factor for at least some players.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia