test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Locked chest in DD

daftmoos3daftmoos3 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Happened to guild officer yesterday too.

It's already bad that you loot mostly rare items and it seems epic ones only show up maybe every 6 attempts. Getting the 3 necessary parts to forge is being a pain. After 3 weeks I only saw 2 of them. In over 50 (mostly 3 of 3) runs, I saw something like 6 weapons (4 daggers, 1 great sword and 1 icon), 1 shield and those 2 pieces of Malabog. Divide that between 5 players, it's quite slim pickins.

With that said, you'd at least get the chest right... not this time - an hour partly lost :mad:

iUwejxY.jpg
Post edited by daftmoos3 on

Comments

• yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    ummmm... you know that chests only unlock during dungeon delve times???
    just read the red mouse over tooltip, it clearly says the same.
    running a dungeon when it is not dungeon delve time will show a chest that is locked. simple as that.

for me it looks more like the dungeon delve indication on the right showed up although the event wasn't active anymore. had that sometimes on my toon as well. dungeon delve was over and yet the info on the right kept showing up.
  • amadalusamadalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    ummmm... you know that chests only unlock during dungeon delve times???
    just read the red mouse over tooltip, it clearly says the same.
    running a dungeon when it is not dungeon delve time will show a chest that is locked. simple as that.

for me it looks more like the dungeon delve indication on the right showed up although the event wasn't active anymore. had that sometimes on my toon as well. dungeon delve was over and yet the info on the right kept showing up.

Did you look at the image or just start typing? DD had 12m left. Regardless, even when DD ends you still get the chest. The rules of DD clearly state that you don't need DD to be active when you finish, only when you start.
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death
    http://loyaltodeath.enjin.com
  • misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The quest doesn't seem to be properly updated, it says "Assult Malabog's Castle", it's clear it failed to update during some point, probably due to some kind of bug making you accidently skip a step.
    Wizard.jpg
  • daftmoos3daftmoos3 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How could I have skipped a step if the other 4 party members had the chest open up for them?

I didn't die before any boss and respawn after if that's a way nor did I get disconnected.

Any other way that I may not be aware of?
    edited October 2013
    ROi7o9a.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . On the first image, your quest tracker isn't showing that you completed all the objectives to loot the chest. In the second image you don't even have the quest listed in your tracker. Perhaps you or your group are trying to skip through parts of the dungeon and inadvertently missing objectives? The only thing I can suggest is to file both a GM Ticket and a Bug Report when this happens so there are logs made that the GMs can easily track down.
    edited October 2013
    On both occasions, the other 4 members of the party got their chest unlocked. I have done the same as them and been with them along for the whole run. It happened before that I got disconnected or that they finished a boss without me but in those 2 screenshots, it isn't the case. Also, in those other occasions that things happened without me, the chests were unlocked without problems when I came back.

Isn't this thread recognized in an official forum enough? Why so many hoops when all the needed pixels are right here? Admins don't have access to the devs? Devs don't look up the forum so we have to report twice for the mods and them?

I understand that communicating between departments can be somewhat complicated but please try harder. You guys are profiting from my time and money. I do think I've done enough by showing you the problems here and that I shouldn't have to repeat myself for someone else. If my logic is flawed or that I'm missing some point, feel free to let me know.

P.S.: After a pause, I realized the tracker's log will show the devs some things that I likely have little idea of and that are most likely more telling than my writing or the pixels. What I cannot fathom is that the other party members didn't have the same problem while doing the same.

The only thing that pops to mind that may have caused something is that in the 3rd boss of KX, I did aggro most of the adds and took them for a ride outside the boss area. But there were 2 of us doing so and the other player had his chest unlocked.

Sorry for the long post, here's a potato with a kitten attached to it:
    kitten_hugging_potato1.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . It would be best to report this in-game when it happens next, for as I said, the logs made would help them track it down more-so than a screenshot with little information other than the chest being "locked." They may need to see why it is not unlocking for you. It's not an extra step, it's the same as you replying here only better. After-all, that is what the in-game bug reporting and GM ticketing service is for. We don't provide GM Support on the forums.
  • xnghtmrxxnghtmrx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No skips or nothing like that. Press J and drop all CN (Into the Epic Never) or MC (Malabog's Castle) quests not completed. Thats all... Cn and MC quests bugs DD chest if you didn't complete them. Thats all... You can see that if you have Into the Epic Never quest, you'll have DD chest unlocked all the time, even being in PE or karrundax :P. Problem seems to be that MC and CN are Special Chests and if you never completed the quests, the DD chest will be unlocked only for those dungeons.
    edited October 2013
    Thank you xnghtmrx!

Zebular: So the point of this forum is mainly for users to let other users know about bugs and the in-game one for the devs to eventually check and maybe resolve. Seems to me that we all could benefit more of a single bug report system where devs and players can share their findings.

If it wasn't for the above post, I would have felt this thread was almost a waste of an effort to help improve the game. Thank you anyway for your time and patience.