test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fey Thistle Silly Walk

valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
This is one of those "No Big Deal and Can Wait" type of bug, if it is one.

I just selected the boon Fey Thistle. Now every 5-10 seconds, my toon goes into combat stance (not mode) even during walking. I wouldn't mind it but it does make walking slower. :confused:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dante125pldante125pl Banned Users Posts: 42
    edited October 2013
    oh so this causes that combat mode bug :mad:
    now i know why i have this kind of bug since i took fey thistle
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So thats why my char is doing this...
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • yamato146yamato146 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am having this same issue; GF after choosing Fey Thistle.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is the most frustrating bug for RPers.
    And probably the most annoying thing I'd like to get rid of...but it's bonus is just too tempty - _ -
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can anyone post a vid/gif of what the walk actually looks like? I've not seen the bugged walk.
  • zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited January 2014
    It is still bugged.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is anyone else really annoyed with the "always in combat" state that boon causes?
    I like this boon since it's really nice for PvP but I also like RP and having my character jumping about during some short RPs just drives me mad.
    I wish it was fixed and I could finally do /emotes normally ;_:
  • luccameluccame Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Me /10char
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Me 2 /10char
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    ahh so that's why my GWF is always grabbin his sword...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    ahh so that's why my GWF is always grabbin his sword...

No that's just a personal issue. Now put the magazine down and go kill Karrundux already

/on topic

I agree, good skill but needs a tweak to the code.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It annoys me to no end and none of my characters even has the Fey Thistle Boon. :eek:
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • yamato146yamato146 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree. I had it originally, since I have a GF deflect build, but I respecced out of it, since it was driving me crazy. Now I have my 5th Sharandar boon pending, waiting on a fix for this. Some of us originally posted this about three months ago. I'm really surprised this hasn't been fixed yet.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was wondering why I can't emote properly or sit for more than 10 seconds any more. Or why I randomly started pulling out my greatsword while riding on my horse. I would really love to see a fix for this as well

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• luccameluccame Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Today I'm more annoyed about this bug than yesterday.
  • kuyabaykuyabay Member Posts: 56
    edited January 2014
    It is getting tiresome to see my gwf goes for his sword every 30 sec as well, please fix this.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, if this is correct then I hope it gets fixed... I was thinking about taking that boon with one of my characters.
  • nblossnbloss Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just yesterday i learned skill Fey Thistle, from Sharandar campaign, and my GF start randomly entering in battle stance, looks like some one, time from time, attacking me. Its really annoying, will be thankful if this will be fixed.
    Sry for my bad english and thank you for your attention.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This bug has been reported since shortly after Feywild launched in August.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • ebonmarkebonmark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I cant believe this bug is still alive after 6 months!
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here on my gwf. Ruins immersion. To quote an e-TV streamer (streming beta TESO, not this one), "Having lots of bugs when a game is launched does not mean at all that the devs are bad. Having bugs not fixed after half a year would."
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    ebonmark wrote: »
    I cant believe this bug is still alive after 6 months!

Hey, at least you can't say "this has been reported constantly since beta", like a lot of them :)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    Same here on my gwf. Ruins immersion. To quote an e-TV streamer (streming beta TESO, not this one), "Having lots of bugs when a game is launched does not mean at all that the devs are bad. Having bugs not fixed after half a year would."

I disagree. I'm willing to bet real legal tender cold hard cash that if the Devs were ever to even allow you a one-second peek at the length and number of items on their roadmap and to-to list your head would explode with a migraine headache. Once the Devs have acknowledged something as not working as intended they will immediately place it on their own bug-tracker application.

As someone who very often beta-tests software I use bug-trackers all the time and they can, frankly, become massively unwieldy. This bug (and many requests, such as enchantment visuals and whatnot) are probably already in there. However, with such a long list of items to take care of it becomes a matter of priorities.

There are a few basic levels of priority: Show-stopper (something literally breaks the game or in-game economy, like exploits), Urgent (something that allows the game to not play properly or could affect the Studio's revenue generation), then it starts getting into needed, wanted, glitch, hiccup type levels.

This bug falls into the "glitch" or "hiccup" level in terms of importance (the way I see it, obviously the Devs and everyone else may feel differently).

The point of my comment is to address the quoted comment above which appears to be a passive-aggressive insult to the Neverwinter team, who surely work very hard and want nothing more than to create the best MMO on the Internet. Am I a Cryptic fan? Yes, I am, and proudly so. I have been doing business with (being a paying cutover of) Cryptic for more than four years. They are awesome folks, all of them. It's why I still voluntarily buy a lot of Zen whenever I can (well, I kind of hate them for that because the reason is selfish: I have to have the cool new shines they keep making).

-Shigh- Anyway, my point is that the passive-aggressive statement (intentionally insulting or not) is just simply uncalled-for.
  • cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited March 2014
    It's still a thing. Just in case you forgot.

(For those who don't know what I'm talking about, any character with the Fey Thistle boon will randomly go into combat stance every few seconds.)

Fix please? Pretty please even. :p
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A lot of people don't know. I try and point it out every time I see someone recommend the boon. Some people probably don't care but it would drive me crazy.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    *coughs* Still bugged. Just got it on my GF, and was wondering what she kept seeing to startle her so. A quick google, and here's my answer, I guess.

It'd be nice if this were fixed, so my poor GF will stop hallucinating.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How annoying is this bug? If you are riding, does it throw you off your mount? Does it affect opening chests or skill nodes?

Got my last needed sparks today, but I'm wondering if I'll be able to live with this bug or should I choose some other boon.
  • theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How annoying is this bug? If you are riding, does it throw you off your mount? Does it affect opening chests or skill nodes?

Got my last needed sparks today, but I'm wondering if I'll be able to live with this bug or should I choose some other boon.

No, it won't interrupt riding, but the affected character will draw their weapon suddenly. (Now you see my HR's bow in their hand, now you don't.)

Never noticed any problems with opening chests or skill nodes, but then I pretty much abandoned my main to stand at a fire and evoke when I realized how annoying this boon-bug was.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, it won't interrupt riding, but the affected character will draw their weapon suddenly. (Now you see my HR's bow in their hand, now you don't.)

Never noticed any problems with opening chests or skill nodes, but then I pretty much abandoned my main to stand at a fire and evoke when I realized how annoying this boon-bug was.
    Thanks for your reply! If it's that annoying that you abandoned you character, I should probably really choose something else.