test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question About Weaponsmithing.

imperiousgenesisimperiousgenesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
my weaponsmithing profession just hit level 20 today, so I attempted to forge a fabled fomorian greatsword and spent AD to quicken the forging process (instant finish) but once its done and I collected my reward I didn't get the fabled fomorian greatsword, there was nothing. my question is, is there a chance that weaponsmithing crafting has a chance of failing or is this just a glitch? just spent a lot on AD & time to get nothing in the end, this is so frustrating and making me want to quit this fcking game.
Post edited by imperiousgenesis on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The fabled weapon tasks have 2 outcomes. The rank 1 result is nothing and the rank 2 result is the weapon. Increase your quality to 100% or more to insure that you get the weapon.

You also might want to look at the UI before you start a task to see if there are different ranks for the outcome as they are listed.
  • imperiousgenesisimperiousgenesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I used 3 Grand weaponsmith and 2 purple (epic) grindstones. I think that's 100%.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I used 3 Grand weaponsmith and 2 purple (epic) grindstones. I think that's 100%.

40%+40%=80%
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    People don't improve quality, they increase speed.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Lol all that investment and you didn't even read about it? I too crafted the fomorian long sword for my GF and I double, triple, and quadruple checked that I guarenteed only needed 100% quality to not fail. Not to mention it shows you the two results and has a bar with your % chance of getting each result.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You were defeated by the simplest ui ive ever experienced. Good job
  • imperiousgenesisimperiousgenesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ah fck me, I thought the grindstone limit u can use is only 2, but when I scrolled on the "optional assets" it seems u can use more than 2 to achieve 100% (the grindstone was on the bottom of my grandmasters which I have 24 of), "the weaponsmithing wiki" didn't say that u need to reach 100% or more than 2 grindstones to have success on the craft, fck I shoulda looked at other sites/forums on how to do it properly rather than rely on 1 source. to errr is human I guess but fck ill be careful in future crafts.
    edited October 2013
    the only professioned I leveld in all my chars is the "leadership prof" I thought the concept would be the same when its "optional assets" I assumed directly that I can only use "human assets" (heroes, grandmasters etc.) but it seems u can use "tools" aswell.