test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exploit Runs / Fast Runs / Etc.

unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am so sick and tired of people doing exploit runs, I run a guild of over 400 people, and trying to find a legitimate game is next to impossible. I try to kill all the adds during a run, so I am a well geared GF 16K+cat and have no problem fighting and standing my ground as long as the party is willing to participate. I try partying with randoms via queue and the first thing that happens when you start the match is everyone know glitch abc, come on.

I am not sure the exact forum rules, how do we report specific glitches that people are doing in dungeon runs. I don't want to publicly list them and get booted for it.
Post edited by unrealized1977 on

Comments

• Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Screenshot and send ticket. So they can fix the exploit and maybe ban someone.
  • Options
    lunacristlunacrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. The worst is the Temple of the Spider and jumping through the wall to miss half the dungeon. I have refrained from queuing for this dungeon until they fix it.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Report, by creating a video and send the link via e-mail to the support.

Eye for an eye.

• Options
    seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Play with a group of legit players and avoid the public cheaters.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • Options
    xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i thought we already covered all of this. People are going to play based on their own wants and styles. Sometimes when I have time I don't mind doing loads of mobs, other times I just want to get to the boss, pew-pew, loot and move on. Yes i understand people can learn to play their classes better.

I think what we need is a "phrase" or "acronym" that all cultures and languages can use to signify you want a "full run", no exploits, no mob dodging. Maybe something like "LFG Spider, Full Crawl, no exploits" <-- "Full Crawl" to denote a full run.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Join the legit chat channel. Warning the channels are basically ghost towns cus no one does legit runs.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lunacrist wrote: »
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. The worst is the Temple of the Spider and jumping through the wall to miss half the dungeon. I have refrained from queuing for this dungeon until they fix it.

Your wait is over.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Your wait is over.

How so? Its kind of hard to comb the forum looking for ifnormation sometimes, but I haven't seen this in the patch notes at all. Soem dev somewhere post that they're looking into it/fixed it, or did it just get "ninja'd" in? How do you mean, please? ^_^
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I never thought I would say this but forum people really do whine and complain about any trivial thing even things that are already fixed. It is not hard to get a non-exploit group and since you the leader of a guild it should be even easier. You telling me you can't find 4 players from "your" 400+ guild to run a legit dungeon?:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    How so? Its kind of hard to comb the forum looking for ifnormation sometimes, but I haven't seen this in the patch notes at all. Soem dev somewhere post that they're looking into it/fixed it, or did it just get "ninja'd" in? How do you mean, please? ^_^

It was ninja patched. So was the boss suicide exploit and the Spellplague 2nd boss gate jump. Cryptic do not announce these changes to avoid people rush farming the exploit runs in the 3-4 days of notice given prior to a patch.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Join the NW_Legit_Community channel. If we can get the word out, and increase awareness, those of us that don't want to cheat or exploit can find other like-minded people, and bring enjoyment back to dungeon runs!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?503791-New-channel-created-NW_Legit_Community
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    kayaronikayaroni Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you lead a guild of 400, why are you playing with random groups who exploit? Maybe you should find a more active guild of players who enjoy clearing content.
  • Options
    nearlydiamondnearlydiamond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The problem is that clearing the content in the dungeons isn't fun, it's ball-ache. It's one swarm after another, and now HV is nerfed it will take even longer. There is not enough imagination to make the add clearing fun and no good random drops to entice a group to do it. Tbh, stop whining.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The problem is that clearing the content in the dungeons isn't fun, it's ball-ache. It's one swarm after another, and now HV is nerfed it will take even longer. There is not enough imagination to make the add clearing fun and no good random drops to entice a group to do it. Tbh, stop whining.

Oh, let me explain it to you then. Getting to the boss is your reward for clearing the trash. As it is in any other mmo out there. Besides, the HV set bonus wasn't nerfed but FIXED. (finally) If you thought the stacking is not a bug, then idk what to say...

• Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Technically it was nerfed. It was originally bugged at 3 stack cap, meaning it did not stack with multiple cws wearing the set. They then fixed the bug allowing each cw to add 3 stacks, which introduced the bug that allowed it to go higher than 3 per cw.

Instead of fixing the code on oppressive force and shard, or simply flagging these as non-hv spells, they simply reverted the code back to the no stacking at all days.

So yeah, it was a lazy nerf to fix their lazy fix instead of a legit bug fix.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tbh I don't mind exploit/fast runs. It's just when I see things like this in zone chat(direct copy-paste) that I get a bit annoyed. Incidentally it was never this bad on Beholder. This merged shard seems to be almost entirely advertising for speed/exploit runs in lfg.

[Looking For Group] XXXX: Need GWF/TR runner and DC for ToS speed runs

[Looking For Group] XXXX: LF2m CW MC 3/3 jumping xp only

[Looking For Group] XXXX: LF3M for FAST MC3/3 2x brutal CWs (HV, MUST KNOW THE JUMP), Tank all EXPED pls
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tbh I don't mind exploit/fast runs. It's just when I see things like this in zone chat(direct copy-paste) that I get a bit annoyed. Incidentally it was never this bad on Beholder. This merged shard seems to be almost entirely advertising for speed/exploit runs in lfg.

[Looking For Group] XXXX: LF3M for FAST MC3/3 2x brutal CWs (HV, MUST KNOW THE JUMP), Tank all EXPED pls

Yeah these "ads" are thoroughly stupid. I never answer to them and never join any "Only EXP!!!" type of groups. I prefer running with friends and now with people from old Mindflayer, I had some bad experiences with Needing on Greed runs and "alternative" strategies with guys from the other 2 shards, so I'd rather do stuff with guys who I already know what kind of run we gonna have.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

always been this way on dragon, it's nothing new for us. But we were the hardcore pvp / pve server before merge.
  • Options
    pipetstebepipetstebe Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The pay off is better when you get the gear by really playing and not exploiting. I dont mind skipping a few mobs here and there but when your skipping a ton of mobs by running and getting to othere areas th3n its like wth really! And most of the people doing that I see are geared I mean whats the use of having good gear and you just exploit? The dungeons dont take hours and hours to do even a casual player can get a few runs in a few times a day.
  • Options
    drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    Screenshot and send ticket. So they can fix the exploit and maybe ban someone.

Are you really serious you think the devs dont know about or how to exploit the dungeons. If you think they dont know about all the exploits then you shouldnt have faith that they are smart enough to fix them.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Section III of the Rules of Conduct explains forum policy and how to properly report bad behavior.
This discussion has been closed.