Unstoppable explanation

13»

Comments

• xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    dante125pl wrote: »
    regen-sent GWF dmg is so huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge
    /sarcasm off

The problem is not the damage that Regen Sents can deal. A Regen sent without tenebrous is just a tanky character that hits are average to low.

A Regen Sent with Full Greater Tenebrous does not suffer from having low Offensive ability. As everytime they proc they have great burst.

There is NO downside to running a Sent GWF with Greater Tenebrous. None at all. And that is what the problem is. Any build that can have the maximium amount of Defence possible with a great ability to burst in pvp is just silly.

Tenebrous has always and will always be the problem with the majority of specs. You remove the offensive cability from them, and they are nowhere near as effective as other specs available to those classes.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • dante125pldante125pl Banned Users Posts: 42
    edited October 2013
    The problem is not the damage that Regen Sents can deal. A Regen sent without tenebrous is just a tanky character that hits are average to low.

A Regen Sent with Full Greater Tenebrous does not suffer from having low Offensive ability. As everytime they proc they have great burst.

There is NO downside to running a Sent GWF with Greater Tenebrous. None at all. And that is what the problem is. Any build that can have the maximium amount of Defence possible with a great ability to burst in pvp is just silly.

Tenebrous has always and will always be the problem with the majority of specs. You remove the offensive cability from them, and they are nowhere near as effective as other specs available to those classes.
    atlast more ppls realize its tenes not the build.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    crippling everybody else except yourself.

Id LOVE to hear how... Everything I have offered in my threads has been towards changing the 3 characters I have especially Tene enchants which I have, so I would love to hear how... I havnt asked for 1 buff to any of my classes our builds.

It comes down to balance philosophy. I approach it saying that the gear "gap" needs to be reduced. IE, people with the BIS enchants and gear can roll people without even trying. Its a HUGE difference. I would like to see gear matter less and player skill and coordination with the group matter more.

The gear discrepancy in this game is WAY above other games. Most people agree the best "pvp" are typically games like FPS where everyone starts off the same and over time in the match you have advantages based on how you play. That design philosophy can be translated into MMOs in the sense that the "over time" aspect is PVE. Naturally better gear WILL mean you perform better, but it shouldnt be so black and white.

Things like Tene enchants are breaking pvp. I have never denied that. I also feel other factors that make pvp frustrating is regen stacking. It makes players too resilient in pvp. Now there are ALOT of balance issues in the game.

So since you disagree with me, which is fine, how do YOU propose to balance pvp AND make it more fun for all players.

I agree a matchmaking system will make this gear issue go away some, but one thing I have noticed is top level pvp is just very boring... Many players agree with this because each class is pigeon holed into the same rolls.

So its not JUST tene, i would like to see pvp overall become more fun and more diverse builds.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Id LOVE to hear how... Everything I have offered in my threads has been towards changing the 3 characters I have especially Tene enchants which I have, so I would love to hear how... I havnt asked for 1 buff to any of my classes our builds.

It comes down to balance philosophy. I approach it saying that the gear "gap" needs to be reduced. IE, people with the BIS enchants and gear can roll people without even trying. Its a HUGE difference. I would like to see gear matter less and player skill and coordination with the group matter more.

The gear discrepancy in this game is WAY above other games. Most people agree the best "pvp" are typically games like FPS where everyone starts off the same and over time in the match you have advantages based on how you play. That design philosophy can be translated into MMOs in the sense that the "over time" aspect is PVE. Naturally better gear WILL mean you perform better, but it shouldnt be so black and white.

Things like Tene enchants are breaking pvp. I have never denied that. I also feel other factors that make pvp frustrating is regen stacking. It makes players too resilient in pvp. Now there are ALOT of balance issues in the game.

So since you disagree with me, which is fine, how do YOU propose to balance pvp AND make it more fun for all players.

I agree a matchmaking system will make this gear issue go away some, but one thing I have noticed is top level pvp is just very boring... Many players agree with this because each class is pigeon holed into the same rolls.

So its not JUST tene, i would like to see pvp overall become more fun and more diverse builds.

I apologize for getting upset so easily.

You have to keep in mind, not everybody has tenebrous enchantments. The people who do will be outperforming the ones who don't... quite a bit more than they already are at the moment, since the only decent stats for a non tenebrous - sentinel are regen and hp. That's why i used the word "crippling".

Personally, i would not wanna play a gwf, with a bad regeneration rate, because my damage is pretty bad already and the only thing to compensate the lack of damage is survivability. I wouldn't be a tank anymore and i also couldn't kill anything, in my opinion.

Have a good one.

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I apologize for getting upset so easily.

You have to keep in mind, not everybody has tenebrous enchantments. The people who do will be outperforming the ones who don't... quite a bit more than they already are at the moment, since the only decent stats for a non tenebrous - sentinel are regen and hp. That's why i used the word "crippling".

Personally, i would not wanna play a gwf, with a bad regeneration rate, because my damage is pretty bad already and the only thing to compensate the lack of damage is survivability. I wouldn't be a tank anymore and i also couldn't kill anything, in my opinion.

Have a good one.

No worries,

The entire reason I want them to change tenebs is exactly what you said, no everyone has them. So why would they make an enchant the best encahtn when almost noone has them? Thats why it needs a nerf/change.

As a part of decreasing Tene damage you THEN have to ask, what rammifications will that bring in pvp. Well if you reduce the burst damage of players with tenes, that will significantly buff more "tanky" classes, the Sent GWF is a perfect example. Tene damage burns through all DR so unstoppable doesnt matter with tenes, nerf damage on tenes and you buff unstoppable because its high DR.

If you noticed in my "patch notes id like to see" thread, I proposed buffing Sent damage (which I think needs to be done for tank PVE viability anyways)

I think Sent SHOULD be able to tank, and SHOULD be able to do damage. Right now - zero damage and too much survivability. Lets bring both those more towards the middle. Agree?
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    No worries,

The entire reason I want them to change tenebs is exactly what you said, no everyone has them. So why would they make an enchant the best encahtn when almost noone has them? Thats why it needs a nerf/change.

As a part of decreasing Tene damage you THEN have to ask, what rammifications will that bring in pvp. Well if you reduce the burst damage of players with tenes, that will significantly buff more "tanky" classes, the Sent GWF is a perfect example. Tene damage burns through all DR so unstoppable doesnt matter with tenes, nerf damage on tenes and you buff unstoppable because its high DR.

If you noticed in my "patch notes id like to see" thread, I proposed buffing Sent damage (which I think needs to be done for tank PVE viability anyways)

I think Sent SHOULD be able to tank, and SHOULD be able to do damage. Right now - zero damage and too much survivability. Lets bring both those more towards the middle. Agree?

Sounds reasonable, after having read everything one more time.