test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is it that allows people's toons to turn black and take no damage?

cheesyjitsucheesyjitsu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello adventurers! Lately I've been doing a bit of pvp and noticed some people turn black and take no dmg for the duration. Some of them were even doing that every 3 seconds or so. Happens across all classes. As I'm still new to the game and know very little, I'm asking you guys- what is it? Some potion? idk.. (not talking about Impossible to catch)
Post edited by cheesyjitsu on

Comments

• Options
    brataccasbrataccas Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    Soulforged Enchantment.
  • Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Well... frankly... it is another exploit/hack or whatever to call it... that got to be quite common these days.
    It basically has effect like the soulforged enchantment, unfortunately it doesnt proc on low hp and doesnt have 1min cd... just has the same effect.

Sad... but true fact... just one more pvp ruiner.
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • Options
    cheesyjitsucheesyjitsu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, that makes a lot of sense. Both enchantment and the hax, seen it pop on almost full hp many times. Thx for the help guys!
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Black with glowy eyes: Soulforge. It only procs at 25%. 60 seconds cooldown. There is no hacks related to it. There is an issue where you can swap multiple sets of armor to avoid the cooldown.

Blackish smoke on a rogue - impossible to catch. If used from stealth it essentially makes a rogue invulnerable for 5 seconds, pretty crazy strong ability no other class can replicate.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Black with glowy eyes: Soulforge. It only procs at 25%. 60 seconds cooldown. There is no hacks related to it. There is an issue where you can swap multiple sets of armor to avoid the cooldown.

Blackish smoke on a rogue - impossible to catch. If used from stealth it essentially makes a rogue invulnerable for 5 seconds, pretty crazy strong ability no other class can replicate.

I love how rogue can be immune to damage and tank. Think a GF should have that skill.
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ive noticed some clerics that dont get affected by cc and knockdown effects even when they are not dodging.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valetudo78 wrote: »
    Ive noticed some clerics that dont get affected by cc and knockdown effects even when they are not dodging.

That occurs in only one situation: when they are using or just starting to use their slow-a.s.s., noisy, easy to see Daily called Hammer of Fate. The daily intentionally gives them CC-immunity and large damage reduction.

It does not turn the Cleric black, however.
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No they didnt use hammer of fate, they didnt use anything at the time. I know what it looks like when a cleric uses hammer.
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I love how rogue can be immune to damage and tank. Think a GF should have that skill.

I wish TR could charge 30' in full plate and in a 10' arc knock people prone so I don't even have to target them , just "guess" and turn it to ez mode no skill juggling killing spree. then block and be immune to dmg and cc and whatever just by blocking and turning "close" to the right direction. then I can come to the forums and QQ on behalf of everyone else.

Or I could realize that im pretty powerfull as it is and be happy with what I got.

nahhhh, I want to trolololol moAr
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valetudo78 wrote: »

Any class can resist certain CC - namely knockbacks. Check the wisdom stat - every point above 10 gives 1% "Control resist" - and control resist does just that, prevents knockbacks. Doesn't seem to work versus most other CC from a CW tho - nor does it function in pve - only pvp.

And given many clerics build for high wisdom, they often have around 10-15% chance to resist. Where other classes often sit at just 1-3%, its unnoticeable.

Also dwarves get roughly 10% bonus to this.. So yea dwarf clerics are quite resistant to kb, can get as high as ~25% as i believe the chances stack.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    handofdonkhandofdonk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    These people? Are they all TRs?

The symptoms you're describing could also apply to Bait and Switch, which I found was quite hilarious when not being used on me.

How the other half live, eh?
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    handofdonk wrote: »
    These people? Are they all TRs?

Original poster said "Happens across all classes"

Maybe his game client is bugged and all his opponents turn black and unkillable.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . This thread was necro'd. If this still seems to be an issue or is not understood, please feel free to create a new thread or find a living one to reply to. Thanks!

Rule 3.13
    Section III - Prohibited Topics/Posts

Rule 3.13 - No Necromancy
    . . . . If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.
This discussion has been closed.