test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Button At Top Indicates New Mail but I HAVE NO MAIL (PLZ HELP)

djcasper604djcasper604 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

Im having an issue with the mailbox button not de-activating. At first i thought it was from all my auctioning but i went through every msg (took me an hour) and it still hasnt even turned off... i've never had this problem and tried everything..

My email is djcurv@hotmail.com and my name in game is Casper Da Ghost.

i am hoping you guys can have a look and give me hand as i need to know when i have new mail and if its always lit up im always checking (thinking i have been outbid in the auction sucks!)

thanks for the help i appreatite it bigtime and have a great day!

btw I LOVE THIS GAME! :D

Mike R

gamepic_1.jpg
screenshot app
Post edited by djcasper604 on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . Send yourself a mail and make sure to highlight the mail this time so it goes read before deleting it. I've had this happen to me before when I delete a mail that didn't get flagged as read. Sending myself a new piece of mail and making sure mark it as read cleared the issue. I've also bug reported this just recently.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    that happened a lot in beta, the thing if it is you have mail but its not being delivered for some reason. possibly due to merge chos it tends to sort itself out after a while. but I do agree it is very annoying.

try to go to an actual mailbox,
    if you have a STO or CO account go into them and read you mail
    check the AH
    check your mail on gateway

any of these can flush out the bugged mail and make it show up
  • djcasper604djcasper604 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ok well i tried diff section .. nope didnt work.. then i tried gateway... nope didnt work.. then i went back to protectors inclave and booya its FIXED!!!!

thank you guys so much i appretiate it bigtime! :D
  • urd01urd01 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have the exact same issue on my account too, BUT....

I know exactly when (and how?) it happened.

I had a few new mails after the servermerge and went to read them.

Besides one or two from friends and a few from myself I also had 3 mails from unknowns, where the first stated "I Love you" as title.

Looking at that mail showed that it was a dear old friend from way back in early beta days;
    Goldspammer mail to my accounts mailbox!
    Haven't happened to me on Dragon for at least 3 months now, and now directly after servermerge BAM 3 new spam mails.

I didn't read the remainin 2 spam-mails but instead diresctly reported them as SPAM, i e deleted without reading.
    After that I've had the mail indicator showing me there's new mail even though my mailbox is empty.

So - New unified server= only 1 place to goldspam and bot=better ways to ruin the gameexperience to more people.
  • gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    There is an easy fix for that. Sort mails by date from oldest to newest. U will probably find some gold spammer old mails u never got. This worked for our whole guild hope it will help you aswell.
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . Great advice here folks, thanks! Thanks also for the bug reports on this. Feel free to also make an in-game bug report on this. Thanks!