test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mailbox lags and stuttering

cryss999cryss999 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello there. I have pretty long time this problem when i open my mailbox. I have a lot of mails in I mean empty mails from AH etc. and with this lagging I am really unable to delete them all one after one now. Even getting of items from mails is being difficult now. I have my setting on minimum so I really dont know where my problem is. This stuttering is really terrible. Some buttons like "delete all" or "withraw all" are reaaaaally missing there:-( Please help.
Post edited by cryss999 on

Comments

• litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cryss999 wrote: »
    Hello there. I have pretty long time this problem when i open my mailbox. I have a lot of mails in I mean empty mails from AH etc. and with this lagging I am really unable to delete them all one after one now. Even getting of items from mails is being difficult now. I have my setting on minimum so I really dont know where my problem is. This stuttering is really terrible. Some buttons like "delete all" or "withraw all" are reaaaaally missing there:-( Please help.

They code cost of adding 'Withdraw All' or 'Delete All' is greater than the benefit derived, so I doubt it will come to pass. To many Customer Service requests for 'I accidentally deleted all the stuff I had stored in the mail!', or 'Withdraw All ate my Rank 10 enchant. Please return! >.> <.<

Also, I have a decent machine, and I still lag in high population instances of PE, or during really busy fights. I also have all of my video turned down to minimum, so I feel your pain.
  • cryss999cryss999 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    im glad that im not only one who have this problem so im hoping that there will be some chance to get rid off it:-)
  • rukalius1991rukalius1991 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    DELETE OPENED/EMPTY MAIL. button would be amazing. i dont think its so hard to make that happen
  • valiant4evervaliant4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    +1 for a delete all opened / empty mail button.

My girlfriend took the approach of being all organised and deleting incoming mails after she read them. Her mail is smooth. 'Call Me Irresponsible' but unfortunately like Frank Sinatra 'I did it my way' and now 'As Time Goes By' I am 'Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Access your mailbox using the Gateway website and clean it up. Browser interface shouldn't stutter like the game.

And then don't let it happen again.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mikezorrmikezorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Access your mailbox using the Gateway website and clean it up. Browser interface shouldn't stutter like the game.

And then don't let it happen again.

The Gateway is no Different you still have to delete 1 by 1 and like myself i couldn't even recieve or send myself mails because i had over 2000+ in my inbox so expecting someone to delete that many is just crazy.

Delete all read mails is NEEDED! - Maybe even extra Collect all would be nice aswell.
  • valiant4evervaliant4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Access your mailbox using the Gateway website and clean it up. Browser interface shouldn't stutter like the game. And then don't let it happen again.

Some of us have 1000s of mails and the when using the gateway:

a) the mail section simply says "loading" and then either the webpage crashes or you get a message advising that you have been disconnected from the gateway, requiring you to log back in.

b) even for those able to get the gateway working, each mail needs to be deleted one by one, which again is a laborious and painful task.

Therefore I would again like others posting in this thread request a delete all / empty read mail button be added to both in game and the gateway. A collect all attachments button would be excellent also - esp. for those of us who purchase a lot of materials from the auction house.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So basically you allowed your mail to reach ludicrous levels. And now want an easy way to fix it.

The game has been out just under 180 days, including open beta. To have thousands would mean more then 6 a day for 6 months straight without deleting a single one. I dont expect this is a problem for the average player
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    So basically you allowed your mail to reach ludicrous levels. And now want an easy way to fix it.

The game has been out just under 180 days, including open beta. To have thousands would mean more then 6 a day for 6 months straight without deleting a single one. I dont expect this is a problem for the average player

I suspect it is a significant problem for not the average player but MOST players. You do not need the mail count to reach 1,000 before it becomes unwieldy.

To say the mailbox in this game is primitive would be high praise. It does not even have a mail count and it is quite easy to unintentionally double delete or delete incoming mails, including mail with attachments!

Also, there is no excuse for the Gateway, a website, to have such limited facilities.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The problem is the chat system, and therefore the mail system, is not really an NW issue. Its a Cryptic issue, considering it is central to all their games. I just don't expect we will get much in the way of changes or improvements on it simply due to it not just being a game issue, but a global one.

For that reason alone I expect this is also why the gateway is limited. It really cant do more then the system it is tied to can do.