test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tier 2 antholes

pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i recently got enough GS to start geting into tier 2 dungeons (the only way to get better equipment of course) and aside from the hour long waiting in a queue, they kicked me. I understand they don t want to have a low GS in the team, but how in the world am i supposed to get better equipment if i can t play the dungeons! And we can t trade anymore, plus the only things tradable are unbuyable.
Post edited by pprandom on

Comments

• suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's annoying but it happens.

Some tips to raise your GS:
    - The first 3 boons from the Sharandar daily quests will raise your GS (if you pick hitpoints for the 3rd boon).
    - Grind PvP/GG gear.
    - Better enchants will give you a higher GS, if you have rank 4 enchants, try replacing them with rank 5s, and so on.

You have to spend money to make money, some people don't even step foot in a T2 dungeon until their char is already decked-out in T2 gear.
  • aquillazxaquillazx Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2013
    What I'm doing on my character is just run the cloak tower over and over while doing the sharandar dailies and Rhix / Lord neverember.

First do 1 -2 very slow solo runs through the cloak tower to locate and remember all kits, then when you're sure that you've got all the locations of all the kits start doing the epic version with pugs. 9 / 10 times that I do the instance with a pug there's no one in the group that knows about the kits / if they do it's usually 1 -2 kits that are easy to spot , they're clueless of all others.

Just keep collecting all the items and you'll find yourself with alot of enchantments, runestones and possibly residuum / other useful crafting supplies. Fuse up all the runes and start selling them ( or using if you can use them) from rank 6 and higher to make some AD. You'll also have a chance of getting some purple class items from the bosses during the epic runs, salvage it all even if you're over the refining cap, the more you get the more you can afford to take a day off farming.

After a few days of farming the Cloak Tower you should have collected a fair amount of Unicorn seals, you can buy the items from the shop to improve your current gear, if you've already got gear that's better then anything that you can get then you can just buy the rings for salvaging to get more rough AD.

If you keep that up for a while you'll gather enough AD to either buy a great companion e.g Stone of Allure / Cat or some T2 gear to boost your GS and stats more then they already are so that you won't get kicked anymore, hopefully.
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Dude, I've spent 3 weeks trying to gear up my formerly 9.2kgs TR (alt) with T2 gear using the queue. In one instance I got kicked 15 times simply because the queue kept putting me in the same 3 rotation for 3 different T2 dungeons. Pop in one, kicked, queue for another, kicked.

I know how to do each of the T2's I'm queuing for being that this is my alt and have completed them before with groups w/less than 10k per member. However, the party leader of these group sometimes themselves only 1k higher than my gs are kick happy.

That grinding PVP gear is bad because PVP gear is only useful for certain classes and useless when they provide health stats which without any enchantments GG gear for TR would give about 8500k gs as full set (including grand rings or higher) depending on build. Therefore, you are forced to two piece t1 which would land you under 10k w/out enchantments. Since very few people at gs run mad dragon successfully you then have to join a guild for GG to have a chance of getting a helm if you haven't already bought one.

So far I've spent 3 weeks of getting kicked, queue creating groups of 3/5, and completing several T2 only to get 3k items. Every time I gear up a char I get a stone, iirc I think I have 5 stones with my last 3 chars being 3 TRs...I'm having more fun logging in only to invoke...Thx T2 antholes.

Forgot to mention /lfg 1 hours 30 min before DD. Regret selling the full sets I had waiting for my TRs because I thought BoP would make it easier to gear up.
  • sapientcrowsapientcrow Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    Bottom line is the current system is horrible.
    Between the insane inflation from the insane cheat hiccup and the disparity between high level geared people and those just starting out the system is set for long waits and dead ends.
    The current GS needed is not even needed. The power that is granted with the sets is not even needed. the LFG requirement is as usual set by the players who want a run that is super high dps and often times in exploit mode.
    Cryptic has done nothing to address the disparity so this gap will widen.

I have way more fun playing foundry and lower level characters because the 60s game is not only unwarranted as far as what is being pushed as power needed it is also mind numbingly boring as people just follow the shiny twinkle path as they zerg or skip to the end.

mmos are not even about playing anymore they are about 1. doing math, 2. making virtual money, and 3. stroking it to high dps numbers. epeen quasi-economics...
    there was a time when jocks were on the football fields. sadly they are now in mmos

find a niche enjoy the game for a bit then when the content is boring go to another world.
    the developers get much more return on players forcing people to have high gs or gear or whatever because it is an illusionary limit that adds more time sink to the game so that will not ever change.

cryptic straight shat all over dnd with neverwinter
  • thorak257thorak257 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    suxip01111 wrote: »
    You have to spend money to make money, some people don't even step foot in a T2 dungeon until their char is already decked-out in T2 gear.

How are you suppose to be tier 2 equipped if tier 2 stuff is BoP?
  • xabersedgexabersedge Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Any and all epics that drop are BoP. Anything you find in the AH was there before the system change. That's also why the price of T2 gear is getting stupid, as it dries up, people can charge whatever for them. It's Cryptics way of getting you to actually run the dungeon. . .which is difficult when elitist a$$holes kick based on GS. I won't go into the whole find a guild, that one is over played. It really is time that they do something about the very broken dungeon system.
    sunElf_Rogue.png
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    From what I understand, only the DD chest stuff is BoP .... if you run the dungeons "off DD" ... the drops should be BoE, unless I missed something.

You'd be correct. And no, not all Epics that drop are BoP. I just sent a GF friend of mine an upgraded purple belt I got from running Epic FH.

First off, I'm terribly sorry to hear you've been dealing with many "antholes" and to the other players who have as well. They can quickly make this game unfun and very uninteresting.

There's some good ways laid out for you on how to "farm up" to a better Gear score, which sadly, really does help in advertising yourself to PUGs. The tried "join a guild" thing is played out, but if you can get in a good one, it does help, I hear. Personally I farmed GG and t1 for my DC who started AFTER the BoP stuff came down and yeah, I've noticed a significant slow down in getting her geared. Part of that is luck, part of it is no longer being able to buy gear from having run dailies and dungeons.

A bright spot to look forward to, hopefully, is the shard mergers. Sadly it will mean all the "antholes" are in the same place, but there will be more, ample opportunities to find good party leaders who only very loosely judge based on GS.
    contents to be decided
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thorak257 wrote: »
    How are you suppose to be tier 2 equipped if tier 2 stuff is BoP?

GG gear is T2, and can be farmed without having to do T2 dungeons. Also T2 gear can be bought from the AH.
    xabersedge wrote: »
    Any and all epics that drop are BoP. Anything you find in the AH was there before the system change.

Not true. The bosses in T2 dungeons will often drop a piece of T2 gear that is BoE. The lower chance of getting a BoE item is what caused the price hike.
  • faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    This makes me annoyed. If anything I would prefer to help people gear up who have low GS than kick them. Boy people are such A-holes. Me me me me.
  • mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wonder how many times we'll see this thread before they actually fix it. Good luck to anyone trying to run T2s, I gave up on that. Better to just farm GG coins and Fey Stones to get those pieces. **** near impossible to get through most T2s, and even 2 of the T1s, without a geared guild to carry you through it.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    suxip01111 wrote: »
    GG gear is T2, and can be farmed without having to do T2 dungeons. Also T2 gear can be bought from the AH.
    345 coins. That's a lot of GG farming.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Forget GS anyway.

I have seen players with a GS of 16k that played like newbies once a tough fight came up. Most T2 players are so much used to glitching dungeons that they hardly can play anymore. You can see that easily by how they position themselves. They ignore when they are surrounded and get lots of combat advantage hits from enemies. They never dodge and stand in red areas although they see that no Astral Shield is up and later blame the healer for it. They stand 2 foot out of the Astral Shield although they are almost dead. They don't focus Witherers. They beat on a tougher mob alone instead of clearing the simple small mobs first. They ignore adds in boss fights and wonder in the end why they die to 20 adds. They pull mobs to areas where it is so narrow that no one can dodge. They always stand where the healer can't see him or have to run to him leaving 3 other ppl behind only to get him a heal. They take "shortcuts" over some rocks or whatever only to find themselves pulling adds from both sides by doing it and going into a fight totally unprepared and wipe and so on.

GS is no valid number of how sly a player is or how good he can play.

Best example is the first mob now in Karrundax. Since they fixed the eploits lots of players have struggles killing them. Players with GS of 13k and up! I have seen things there oh my god! People hitting every add and don't focus to kill the ones almost down. People jumping out of my Astral shields when a red area pops instead of just walking 2 foot to the left and are clear and still standing inside the Shield... A pain!
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have to agree 100% with the OP. I have found myself on the good ol' "queue to be kicked" waiting list too many times. And what makes it so much worse is the fact that people have to problem wasting our time doing it. It also doesn't help when you finally get a squad people just leave. Like today, after 40 minutes of waiting and queues that people decline I finally got a full squad for epic SP. We fought our way right to the room before the first boss and then the CW left and then "suddenly" the DC dced leaving 3 of us.

Why leave at that point? At least take 1 shot at the boss, maybe we win, maybe we lose but we'll never know if we don't try. So now not only has my time been wasted but also the money spent to replace the HP pots and health kits that I used during this run to nowhere. And all because the runs aren't going to be fast enough or easy enough for some "antholes"
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xabersedge wrote: »
    Any and all epics that drop are BoP. Anything you find in the AH was there before the system change. That's also why the price of T2 gear is getting stupid, as it dries up, people can charge whatever for them. It's Cryptics way of getting you to actually run the dungeon. . .which is difficult when elitist a$$holes kick based on GS. I won't go into the whole find a guild, that one is over played. It really is time that they do something about the very broken dungeon system.

Don't spread misinformation man.

Boss drops are 99% BoE, you can sell them, I've sold a lot of them - after the changes. Some boss drops, extremely rare and without me knowing why, are BoP though.

Chest drops are USUALLY BoP, always for sets, but sometimes the belts and so on are BoE.

You want to increase GS?

Very, very possible and not that hard at all. You don't need T2 set for that. You need to buy cheap epics from AH. I sold so many 3k-10K epics, including Ancient version. So with a week of grinding dailies and refining you will end up at 10K GS.

Or you can do GG a lot, and run FC as many times as possible, then buy the PvP gear.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you play a GWF and if there are two of them then the party leader will probably kick one of them. Having a CW is handy. If you play this class then you don't play the most popular one.

If you want more GS, then pvp more to get a full T1 pvp set & weapon, when people see purple they think it's fine. Blue may be scary.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    An alternative is just to use the queue system, rather than sitting around in PE waiting for a group that will then kick you. If you're getting kicked from pugs because of your gear score, then you've just had some terrible luck. Most pugs either don't know how to check GS, or don't care. Plus if it's 5 randoms, the chance of the randomly selected leader deciding to kick you based on GS is even lower. Hell, sometimes you might be leader.
    Sure, the overall skill level is usually lower, but at least you'll actually be doing something.
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    pprandom wrote: »
    i recently got enough GS to start geting into tier 2 dungeons (the only way to get better equipment of course) and aside from the hour long waiting in a queue, they kicked me. I understand they don t want to have a low GS in the team, but how in the world am i supposed to get better equipment if i can t play the dungeons! And we can t trade anymore, plus the only things tradable are unbuyable.

What server are you on?
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, there are some real Tier 2 antholes out there. I (a CW) just attempted a Karrundax DD run with another CW. This CW of course had the full HV set and therefore did not need any of the loot from the dungeon, but of course this CW chose need on the first boss drop (and got it). And when the poor DC, who was a good healer but was obviously new to the dungeon, couldn't keep up with all the running and exploits, this CW just left in a huff, taking with him the only purple gear that was obtainable in the dungeon at the time. It just irritated me to no end. I don't know what you do about such antholes except put them on your ignore list and never do another dungeon with them again.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Getting a decent GS isn't hard.

1) By level 60, you should already have enough Glory to buy the T1 PVP set. This gives you six Epic items (Chest, boots, arms, helm, main hand, off-hand).
    2) T1-T2 belts are jewelry are not expensive on the AH. Congrats, you have all Epics.
    3) Slot some rank 5's. Not hard. Your GS should be at least 10k.
    4) Save up to buy Epic shirt/pants. Blue slotted versions are not that expensive either.

Now you can run GG, all T2 DDs, and even CN to complete your set.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited October 2013
    Pretty sure if people are picky enough to check gearscore, they're also the kinda fussy elitists who'll go "huh: T1 pvp purps, eh?" *kick*

It's not getting the GS to enter the dungeon (you can practically do that with blues, pretty much), it's getting enough GS and/or gear for premade parties to accept you, I suspect.

(which is why I'd suggest just using the -admittedly terrible- queue system)
  • jsmoothnw111jsmoothnw111 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Forgive my noobness, but are you guys using something other that the in-game meter to measure GS? (IE a website or 3rd party addon)

I only have 1 level 60, and I've only been playing for a few months (translation: I'm still kinda new). When I got to 60 and got level appropriate blues and greens, I had over 10kGS. In the last two weeks, I managed to pick up about 5 pieces of T1 purple gear. Now I have a GS around 11.7k. I havn't set foot into a T2 yet, as I wanted to finish my T1 4piece set (only need head piece). However, my GS is well above the T2 requirement. Am I missing something?

PS: The chest from the DD seems to be BOP, but actual boss drops seem to all be BOE.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sad people still confuse gs with skill. Anybody can have 13k+ gs just farm for months or buy zen then gear off ah, I've seen many 12k 13k players that didn't/don't know what their doing and yes they always blame the dc. I had a little over 9k gs in t2 pvp gear(cw) beating draco(before feywild and aoe bug) and only died because of lag or missing a jump during run.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
    edited October 2013
    Requirement for entry is not the same as requirement for a party.

A lot of the groups recruiting in PE specify much higher gearscores, because a high gearscore is a (semi-effective) method of assessing someone's likelihood of being able to complete the dungeon. And it's class-sensitive, too (A conq spec GF will have a much much higher GS than an equivalently geared...anything, because of how the top-tier feat works, so they ask for GFs with 14k rather than 11 or 12k).

Queueing up for the dungeons using the ingame queue system is not the problem. You can get into dungeons that way. It's just that this can take hours if you're a DPS class (DCs and GFs get in much quicker), and you'll be placed with randoms, who might be terrible, and you get no say over class balance: you can be assured of a DC and a GF, usually, but the rest might be "all TRs" or "all GWFs" or something.

So for speedy dungeon entry, with a higher chance of success, people like to form parties in PE where they can pick and choose who's in the party. And this, as far as I can tell, is what the OP is having trouble with.
    edited October 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    Requirement for entry is not the same as requirement for a party.

A lot of the groups recruiting in PE specify much higher gearscores, because a high gearscore is a (semi-effective) method of assessing someone's likelihood of being able to complete the dungeon. And it's class-sensitive, too (A conq spec GF will have a much much higher GS than an equivalently geared...anything, because of how the top-tier feat works, so they ask for GFs with 14k rather than 11 or 12k).

Ahhh... so the in-game meter is inflating my GS based on my spec choice... awsome =P

On a side note. The blue drops from the elf area seem to be of a higher quality.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Hate to be the one to say it cause no one ever listens... but seriously just find a guild. I take guild alts to runs all the time, when you have a stacked party otherwise 1-2 9k gs doesn't matter anyway. Everyone hates this answer but it is the best one, find friends that will run with you b/c you're their friend/guildmate and gearing up is much simpler.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited October 2013
    That and add people as friends if you manage a successful pug dungeon. "People wanting to do T2s" are not a small demographic, by any means. Do a few T1s with randoms, find good groups, add them as friends, get together to do T2s.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Gs is meaningless. What it represents is time in game. If you are trying to do dungeons in blues/greens (which is all that it takes to hit 8300 and "qualify" for T2) then you obviously just hit 60 within a few hours of trying to queue. I would kick you too, if i ever randomly queued, which i dont because it is dumb.

If you can't spend a few days getting cheap/farmed epics and 10k gs then why should i carry you in groups? Its not effectiveness. The few hundred gs you get from full t2 vs t1 is less than the difference between r4 and r5 enchants. The difference between blues 9k gs and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> purple 10k is much higher than the diff in t1 and t2 gs. Btw the only reason you wear t2 is for the set bonus, which has no impact on gs. If the t1set bonus is better (like stalwart was, and like high prophet is in a good group where you dont need the healing from miracle healers) good players choose the better set at the cost to their gs.

What gs represents is that you spent the effort to play after hitting level cap since it only takes 3 days to level, have done some dungeons/group content and hopefully figured out how to play. Showing up in blues tells me that you hit 60 five minutes ago and this is your first time grouping, ever. I dont even know if you know how to type in party chat.
    edited October 2013
    "Gs is meaningless"
    This is an age-old debate, in which neither side truely wins. I've heard this go on and on back when I played WoW.

If you're a lvl 60, in level appropriate blues and greens with T4/T5 enchants, then you should have no problem with the beginner T1 content (ie the lowest two epic dungeons). If you want to grab a few purples before entering a T1 dungeon, then great. You'll be ahead of the curve. But, the starter T1 dungeons are just that, starter dungeons.

The random que isn't dumb. It's all I use. You may get a "bad" group. But that doesn't make it "dumb."
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The exemplers level 60 blue gear for DC has nice defensive stats.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
    edited October 2013
    Exactly! I can heal marginally more in t1/t2 purps than I can in a full set of regen blues, but in the regen blues there's basically zero chance of me dying even with a terrible group. It's a lot more complicated than "BIG NUMBERZ AND PURPLEZ PLX"